Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was good to get another with and away from home, 2-1 against Sunderland, at this stage of the season it doesn't matter how you win, aslong as you do win, i think he were fortunate to win this game, Sunderland deserved something, like i said we got the 3 points but we arn't playing all that well to deserve them, i knew Sunderland would come out fired up and have a good go at us. Our defence was yet again 'crap', no communication between the defenders and goal keeper, Neville was horrible. Did we deserve the win cause obviously we are riding our luck.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
theres no undeserved wins in football in my opinion. we did enough to get the win, and i am ok with that.
I completely dissagree. There's tons of undeserved wins. either because of refereeing mistakes, or because lady luck isn't on your side in a particular day. That's part of the beauty of it... (apart from the A-hole refs :fyou:)

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
It was good to get another with and away from home, 2-1 against Sunderland, at this stage of the season it doesn't matter how you win, aslong as you do win, i think he were fortunate to win this game, Sunderland deserved something, like i said we got the 3 points but we arn't playing all that well to deserve them, i knew Sunderland would come out fired up and have a good go at us. Our defence was yet again 'crap', no communication between the defenders and goal keeper, Neville was horrible. Did we deserve the win cause obviously we are riding our luck.
well i agree with the matter of winning no matter what , because it's a final stage of a long season but i also disagree with the matter that we didn't deserve it. It was a tight match, but we had our chances , and with a bit of luck we did it. I also have to say that you're right that we're not playing well, especially the defence. Our strong point that helped us last year succeed is killing us at the moment. That's why i'm so pesimistic before Wednesday's game. realy hope that when Rio is back and maybe Brown next week, even though he didn't play this season too much,i realy hope the unbeatable defence will be back and improoving by the game.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Why not !?

I mark ,,our luck" ,because in Macheda flick goal I see justice for the Berbatov injury.... When Sunderland defender hit his ankle and shoe was removed the first think passed my mind was the ankle could be broken . Very rough fault ,dirty fault ...

Both teams played for the 3 points . Man Untd won 3 points.
Liverpool- Blackburn 4:0
Blackburn played for what !? I think only to loose with less ...
Chelsea- Bolton 4:3
Bolton were very close to equalizing and 3 goals in the last minutes at SB also can be classified as a ,,crap" ...

With few words.
Man Utd deserve to win !

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
No, i don`t it call it fortune - With those amount of injuries we have had these last matches, fortune is the last thing you can rely on. Call it as you want, but I'd say its the never say die attitude which once again saw us taking the 3 points. This is something i've already said in another thread, but this attitude we have been possessing within the years shall never be considered as luck, but great state of mind and confidence the players are in. Every player possess different skills, but you can clearly see this attitude in nearly every single player of us. No matter who comes in, we are able to turn a match in our way. The depth of the squad makes a part of that, but no matter how great your players are, you've got to need such attitude to win titles. Many big teams i know lack this, and well, its fair to say that we have been much far successful than them these years. We are not riding our luck, it does make a big part of football but i`m afraid no matter the luck you possess, if you don`t believe you`ll make it, you`ll fail. big. You`ll see that those who sat back and failed to maintain that attitude, never made it at this club.

·
Registered
19 Posts
To be honest i think a draw would be a fair result, but it doesnt matter in football. we got the 3 points and thats all that matters.

We got 3 points, won away, we are leading the table by one point and have a game in hand. Seven games left. I think we are in a great position. But the perfomances lets us down sometimes, it surely keeps us under stress :D

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
of course we deserved to win, that's football no matter who dominates the game, has the most chances or deserves to win on who had all the play it comes down to putting th ball in the net and taking your chances when they come, we are the masters of that and it's what champions are made of.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
at this stage of the season its all about 3 points in the individual games , but the worrying thing is utd have completely lost their way over the last month and really need a good performance to get the confidence flowing again , because we have looked an accident waiting to happen in the past 5 games and we have still got about 4 testing games to come .the players are certainly good enough to win all the games but they need to believe in themselves because their confidence seems very low at the moment.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
You create your own luck - unless it's a retarded call by a ref.

Our play was unconvincing at times, but we kept at it and kept creating chances and ultimately got the winning goal.

Ultimately, our play isn't the stuff of football fantasies at the moment, BUT we keep winning and even though the masses don't realise it, that shows the spirit at United....and that counts for a lot.

We're not playing samba football at the moment, playing with some tired legs, as well as some walking wounded and we're still grinding out results, SO A RESOUNDING "HELL YES!" we deserved to win!

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
I completely dissagree. There's tons of undeserved wins. either because of refereeing mistakes, or because lady luck isn't on your side in a particular day. That's part of the beauty of it... (apart from the A-hole refs :fyou:)
maybe your right about the refereeing decisions sometimes having an outcome on the game, but the fact is refereeing decisions aside when you win its because you did something right, either defending the correct way, being clinical in front of goal etc, no matter the number of chances you had or the amount of time you had the ball in possession. Thats my opinion at least.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
In football, generally, unless there is some behind of the rules, or something unjust has happened (e.g wrongly given penalty) then you deserve what you get. As RFR said, you make your own luck in football and we certainly did that. We kept playing with patience and composure in a time of great pressure and, eventually, we got our reward. Yes, we deserved to win.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
In football, generally, unless there is some behind of the rules, or something unjust has happened (e.g wrongly given penalty) then you deserve what you get. As RFR said, you make your own luck in football and we certainly did that. We kept playing with patience and composure in a time of great pressure and, eventually, we got our reward. Yes, we deserved to win.
One thing can be said, if we win the Premiership this year it will go down
as our most boring Premiership ever. No doubt.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Does anyone really care if we deserved to win or not? getting the 3 points was the main thing.
On a whole, we probably did deserve it. We had the better chances and looked more likely.
Sunderland might feel like they deserved a point, but we dont care :D

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
One thing can be said, if we win the Premiership this year it will go down
as our most boring Premiership ever. No doubt.
I don't know about boring. There has been a definite lack of quality from the big teams, but in terms of excitement over not knowing from day to day who will win the title its up there with the most exciting.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts