Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
European and world champions Manchester United have set their sights on Genoa talisman Diego Milito and could launch a bid in the summer, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The Premier League giants are unlikely to sign Argentine international Carlos Tevez on a permanent basis and Sir Alex Ferguson is allegedly prepared to table a bumper bid to bring Milito to Old Trafford.

However, the ex-Real Zaragoza man’s agent, Fernando Hidalgo, admitted last week that his client is eager to remain in the peninsula and would only consider leaving the Ligurians for another Serie A club.

Italian champions Inter are said to be the most interested party and president Massimo Moratti is expected to meet with Genoa counterpart Enrico Preziosi in the next few weeks to make a formal offer.

And the Nerazzurri’s bid could include the services of midfielder Luis Jimenez and goalkeeper Emiliano Viviano, who is currently at Brescia but signed a three-year deal with the San Siro outfit last February.

Milito has netted 19 goals in Serie A so far this term and bagged a hat-trick in Sunday’s 3-1 win over Sampdoria in the Derby della Lanterna.

This is originally from La Gazzetta dello Sport in Italy, but quote by Goal.com

Report: Manchester United Keen On Genoa Ace Diego Milito - Goal.com

Its an interesting one, could be one for the sensilble summer wishlist :thumbsup: I mean he has had a pretty lethal goalscoring record in Italy and Spain - his record this season is 19 goals and 5 assists in 27 games - meaning he has played a telling part in a goal in near enough every game he's played in. And the fact that he is nearly 30 means that we could probably get him for relatively cheap, and he would score goals for just enough time until the likes of Macheda and Welbeck are of top class ability.

Interesting.

· Banned
15,754 Posts
I don't know anything about him tbh. The only thing I know is that he's been continually linked for Tottenham for about 2 years (if I'm thinking about the right person.)

Isn't he quite old though? about 29ish? I know that isn't that old in football, but it is of an age where I'd worry whether he could adapt to the Premier League or not.

· Registered
107 Posts
He has been targeted by Mourinho as the player they need to partner Ibrahimovic. I think everyone knows about Mourinho's scouting ability with players. Quaresma :thumbsup: Mancini :thumbsup: Del Horno :thumbsup: many others too.

· www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He has been targeted by Mourinho as the player they need to partner Ibrahimovic. I think everyone knows about Mourinho's scouting ability with players. Quaresma :thumbsup: Mancini :thumbsup: Del Horno :thumbsup: many others too.
Yeah how stupid of him to find Drogba :thumbsup: Essien :thumbsup: Carvalho :thumbsup: and many others too

· Registered
107 Posts
Mateja Kezman :thumbsup: Shaun Wright-Philips :thumbsup: Tiago :thumbsup: Jiri Jarosik :thumbsup: Paulo Ferreira :thumbsup: Maniche :thumbsup: Michael Ballack :thumbsup: Andriy Shevchenko :thumbsup: Khalid Boulahrouz :thumbsup:

Now name me more of his good buys. :whistling: Cech and Robben are signed by Ranieri.

· Registered
9,601 Posts
Mateja Kezman :thumbsup: Shaun Wright-Philips :thumbsup: Tiago :thumbsup: Jiri Jarosik :thumbsup: Paulo Ferreira :thumbsup: Maniche :thumbsup: Michael Ballack :thumbsup: Andriy Shevchenko :thumbsup: Khalid Boulahrouz :thumbsup:

Now name me more of his good buys. :whistling: Cech and Robben are signed by Ranieri.
I thought Shevchenko & Ballack were Abramovich's buys? That said his signings for Inter have been terrible.

Quaresma was never going to be worth a large sum. He's 10m & that's being very generous.

Mancini is very old. A smarter move would've been saving the money for Quaresma & Mancini, 31m, & gone for Silva.

In fact I've seen a lot at Inter to suggest Mourinho is a very rigid, inflexible coach. He's doesn't adapt.

He tries to change his team to suit him, rathe than changing himself to suit his team. Formation.

Clearly 4 - 3 - 3 wasn't working but it took far longer than it should have for Mourinho to grudgingly accept this.

4 - 4 - 2 is simple & effective. It worked for Inter. Ibra works best with a partner. Mancini is old.

Quaresma is over rated. 4 - 3 - 3 needs young quick wingers to flank the striker.

What Inter really needed was a creative midfielder. Well make that several creative midfielders.

How the heck do you build a team with only defensive midfielders? Viera, Cambiasso & even Muntari is more combative.

An attacking player, of sorts, but a long cry from creative. Mourinho could've taken Elano from City.

Hughes & the Arabs seem painfully oblivious to the fact Elano should be starting alongside Ireland.

Robinho was willing to join City surely Mou could've grabbed him? Petrov at City? Gorcuff a Milan outcast?

Stankovich is not getting younger. Muntari isn't creative enough. Well this was a long rant.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.