Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,358 Posts
Hmmm, don't think so. You see we are the sort of team that sort of play with two holding type midfielders in order to give our wingers the run of the pitch. I think signing Diego would result in a drastic formation change or perhaps under new management. Definitely isn't a player Fergie would go for. I think we need a winger a lot more than being even more spoilt for choice in the central areas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Berbatov08 said:
Hmmm, don't think so. You see we are the sort of team that sort of play with two holding type midfielders in order to give our wingers the run of the pitch. I think signing Diego would result in a drastic formation change or perhaps under new management. Definitely isn't a player Fergie would go for. I think we need a winger a lot more than being even more spoilt for choice in the central areas.
i feel there needs to be improvement in our united team but im not a manager lol can you help me out where we need improvement and give example of players
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,358 Posts
forzaunited said:
i feel there needs to be improvement in our united team but im not a manager lol can you help me out where we need improvement and give example of players
Yes I can . Firstly- A new keeper - Anyone from Akinfeev Frey or Given.
Definitely a winger- Either Ribery or Young in the summer. Maybe even david silva?
And if you wanted to be pernickety about it maybe a back up left back because quite frankly Jos isn't capable. I would say Yuri Zhirkov of CSKA or else maybe a Wayne Bridge type player.
I think Diego would be a luxury player who would definitely disrupt the harmony and tactical stability at OT. In addition he would also stunt Andersons growth. I think he is the same type of player as Deco and lets face it he has struggled big time with Chelski.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
27,712 Posts
Berbatov08 said:
Yes I can . Firstly- A new keeper - Anyone from Akinfeev Frey or Given.
Definitely a winger- Either Ribery or Young in the summer. Maybe even david silva?
And if you wanted to be pernickety about it maybe a back up left back because quite frankly Jos isn't capable. I would say Yuri Zhirkov of CSKA or else maybe a Wayne Bridge type player.
I think Diego would be a luxury player who would definitely disrupt the harmony and tactical stability at OT. In addition he would also stunt Andersons growth. I think he is the same type of player as Deco and lets face it he has struggled big time with Chelski.

agree with that! hes not the type of midfilder we need and espiclly not over fletcher whos been of our best players this season
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
i dont think we need him and he certainly doesnt fit in our formation. when is the last time we have a pure playmaker in our starting eleven ? we do have att mid like scholes, ando or fletch but they are not playmaker like diego, deco and etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
We are already struggling to give all 5 of our central midfielders (Hargreaves, Carrick, Scholes, Anderson, Fletcher) playing time and end up rotating them every one to two games so bringing in yet another central midfielder wouldn't really be that helpful. He is a class player, no doubt about it but why waste the money.

That is one headache we could do without.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,740 Posts
Never going to happen. I can see him coming to the Premiership though maybe City? I've heard Chelsea used to be interested but they have better midfielders at the moment anyway. Plus if you wanted him you'd have to give Bremen a hefty sum of probably about 20 million. And I agree with Rooney's Temper he really looks like Michael Ballack!
 

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
He's the premier goal scoring Central Midfielder in the world at the moment, Van der Vaart was aside him whilst still at HSV, but I doubt he'd fit our style of play.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
ManUtdDevil said:
We are already struggling to give all 5 of our central midfielders (Hargreaves, Carrick, Scholes, Anderson, Fletcher) playing time and end up rotating them every one to two games so bringing in yet another central midfielder wouldn't really be that helpful. He is a class player, no doubt about it but why waste the money.

That is one headache we could do without.
well said there and not to neglet, rodrigo who seems to good to be involved in reserve, giggs who nowadays play in midfield or behind our forward and possibly our newly addition to the squad zoran tosic.

so basically we dont really need another midfielder/ any new player coming in. we have the squad to easily win the carling cup, FA cup, PL and hopefully another champions league trophy.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top