Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend is probably the biggest sporting event for my town.

I live in the states and in this country, unfortunately, the main sport is probably american football (handball tbh).

Each weekend we, and by this i mean my school and town, look forward to the games...

Anyways, heres a pregame show to this game:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NTR75chR0jE

Enjoy, it'll show you a bit of the stateside too :)

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Brock said:

I live in the states and in this country, unfortunately, the main sport is probably american football (handball tbh).

Each weekend we, and by this i mean my school and town, look forward to the games...

Nice video - I dont think they like each other too much, lol.

From 2:00 onwards I hear music - The Postal Service - Such Great Heights !!!

I love this band :)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
carlyluvsunited said:
Nice video - I dont think they like each other too much, lol.

From 2:00 onwards I hear music - The Postal Service - Such Great Heights !!!

I love this band :)
Yea, the people who made this video are parents of a kid in my class. They work for the national geographic channel.

ESPN is considering putting this on their show. (Like a sky sports for the states)

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Rivalry here in UK is a bit more crazy !!!

For instance lets say a bus full of Liverpool fans was seen by a group of United fans !!

Well it would be like WWIII

Uh oh !!!

They don't do talking and chanting it's just all out war !!!

Arrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Hey Brock. Great video mate. Looks fun and pretty competitive. Any sport can be great to play or watch imo. Hope your team wins.....

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea carly i know what you mean about rivalry between teams. I was over there during the start of this years premier league. Its intense but entertaining at the same time; especially since i sat in the cheering section :)

My team won the football game 16-14.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Brock said:

American football, or grid iron, and handball are two completely different games. Handball is immensely popular on the continent of Europe and I once went to a game in Germany. The pace is great and from a spectator point of view, worth every minute.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
Brock said:
Did any of you happen to go to that american football game at Wembley?
Yeah, I went.

The game itself was pretty poor. Eli Manning was shocking for New York and the Dolphins offensive line gave Lemon no protection. The weather conditions didn't help though. A missed field goal by Miami proved very costly as they lost 13-10.

Although, I have to say that as an event/spectacle it was amazing. That was my first visit to the new Wembley and the stadium is very impressive. I met people from the United States, Germany, Australia and Ireland who had come over for the game. The atmosphere was fantastic - I was sat with the Miami fans and when they scored a touchdown the roar was incredible. The pre-game show was entertaining and most people even joined in singing the USA national anthem. Lewis Hamilton and Martin Johnson got a great reception (although John Terry got booed)...but not as good a reception as the Miami cheerleaders!

I really do hope they make it a regular thing - if they do I'll certainly apply for tickets again.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea those two teams are pretty poor. Miami hasnt even won a game.

Now, this weekend is Patriots against the Colts. That would be a hell of a game to watch. Imagine that @ Wembley!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
Brock said:
Yea those two teams are pretty poor. Miami hasnt even won a game.

Now, this weekend is Patriots against the Colts. That would be a hell of a game to watch. Imagine that @ Wembley!
This is Miami's worst season in their franchise history.

The Giants started badly but now have a good chance of reaching the playoffs.

I'll be watching the Colts v the Patriots on TV - you're right, it will be a hell of a game! Can't wait!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Personally, I think American Football stinks (both NFL and MLS :D)

I used to be a fan, but once it became more about the money and flare than the sport itself, I lost interest.

Just like Basketball, just like politics, just like... virtiually all American past times :(

To be fair though, it's spreading around the world... hopefully it will be fought harder, or at least take a while before it sinks in all the way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts