Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing that Evra is getting a longer ban than Drogba got for thowing a coin at the crowd... this is a good article that highlights how we really are treated diferently!!

Any1 see John Terry's hand ball on sat??? Is it completely inconcievable to referees that he is actually a cheating *******, the tv pictures of him constantly cheating and even snotting on Tevez obviously haven't been enough,.. what a scum bag!

·
Registered
26 Posts
have to agree, i hate terry with a passion!! it made me so mad when i was told about evra's ban, what an absolute p*ss take! & and to make it worse, the opening sentence from chelseas' statement, & i quote; "...Chelsea fc would like to thank the fa..."
that says it all! obviously the FA are in full support for rent boys which reflects in their measly £25k fine & 'perfect' timing for a FOUR match ban throughout december/the christmas period knowing full well, according to most people is when united step it up a gear or 2...!:mad:

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I thought a 4 match ban for Evra was very harsh. I have no doubt that United will appeal.

John Terry is the England captain and I can't help but feel he gets special treatment because of this.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
I really hate Chelski for this how they always get preferential treatment fromthe FA .I hate that co*kney Terry too with his pampering by everyone and yeah did I say I hate Chelski?

·
Registered
601 Posts
we were treated like this last season, its good in a way, it just encourages the lads to play better and win more, and we won the epl and prem last season, if they want to treat us badly even more this season then we should have all four trophies in the bag.

Z

·
0 Posts
Article in full is below. Please don't post links to rival forums.

One rule for United, another rule for everyone else. The ridiculous decision to ban Patrice Evra for four matches following the racist comments from Chelsea groundsman Sam Bethell has only again exposed the double standards the FA have where United are concerned.

This isn’t the first time though and it won’t be the last.

1. John Terry
It doesn’t seem to matter what this fella does, the FA will let him get away with it. His cheating and unnecessary aggression are always described as a ‘British bulldog’ nature, he’s a ‘brave, English warrior’, and anything else that excuses his unacceptable behaviour.

When Terry brought down Jo earlier this season, by wrapping his arm around his waist and pulling him to the ground, the FA saw to it that he faced NO PUNISHMENT. Conveniently, this meant Terry was available for the United game the following week.

When Terry tried to take a red card out of the hand of the referee’s hand at Old Trafford last season, he faced NO PUNISHMENT.

2. Didier Drogba

Drogba threw a coin indiscriminately in to a crowd containing men, women and children.

Punishment? Three matches.

Let’s put that in to context.

Three matches is the number of games both Wayne Rooney and Paul Scholes missed for getting sent off in a pre-season friendly, on the order of the FA. Scholes’ red card was for two silly challenges, whilst Rooney’s was for **** all. The fact that Steven Gerrard and Neil Mellor both received red cards in the same tournament three years earlier, only to face NO PUNISHMENT from the FA, seemed to pass most people by.

Get it straight. Throwing a coin is bad. Swinging for a racist **** is even worse.

3. Adrian Mutu

Mutu failed a drug’s test, testing positive for cocaine. He was banned for 7 months and fined £20,000 by the FA.

Rio Ferdinand failed to show up for a drug’s test, offering to return later that day but was turned away. Although the test he had independently showed he was free of drugs, the FA banned him for 8 months and fined him £50,000.

Mutu’s failed test came a year after Ferdinand’s missed test, yet he was banned for less time and fined less than half of what Rio was.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I dont want to believe there's two agendas. To let Tjelsy off the hook and punish United. Im not much for conspiracy theories.

One comment on the drug ban.
A missed test is equal to a positive drug test. Its the athletes responsibility to make sure the test is done when he's been picked to do a test. He was clean when the test was done the next day but there's drugs who leaves the body after a couple of hours and there's drugs to take to hide, to cover up for other banned substances. Thats why Rio was punished and I think a ban was fair. But we can discuss the length of the ban for ages.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
reddwarf said:
John Terry is the England captain and I can't help but feel he gets special treatment because of this.
I'm sure that could well be the case. It happens in Scotland as well with Barry Ferguson, who is Scotland captain.

But, back on topic, its quite obvious that there are different rules for us imo, no matter what anyone says.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
of course we don't get the right decisions...nothing ever goes our way.

i bet every other team in the prem alone will say the same thing.

as for the Evra situation,we can sit here going on about it till the cows come home.but unless we were there,no one knows exactly what happened,its a case of them against us.

the Drogba coin throwing incident..right enough there ,he could have hit and hurt a fan in the stands,but what about the mug that threw things at him in the first place..if that coin had hit any of the players on the temple,it could've killed them.will he get prosecuted..no chance.

i dont think its a direct thing against us regarding the refs decisions,i think most of the refs dont know what they're doing.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts