Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What has gone wrong with Ronaldo ? is it all these awards he has been getting that makes him think he does not have to bother.
his free kicks have been abysmal, he does not try and beat a player the way Giggs did at West Ham, he keeps getting the ball taken of him,personally I think he is very overated,you very rarely see him go down the wing and centre the ball.
I think he needs a good talking to and perhaps a spell on the bench.
who agrees ?

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
charles said:
What has gone wrong with Ronaldo ? is it all these awards he has been getting that makes him think he does not have to bother.
his free kicks have been abysmal, he does not try and beat a player the way Giggs did at West Ham, he keeps getting the ball taken of him,personally I think he is very overated,you very rarely see him go down the wing and centre the ball.
who agrees ?

Worked wonders for Roo earlier in the season....

....I won't comment on the rest...I'll be moaned at :rolleyes:

Z

·
0 Posts
Yeah he's crap. He''s only got 15 goals despite missing two months of the season. Fucks sake :rolleyes:

·
Registered
605 Posts
charles said:

who agrees ? <---- I dont
thats quite harsh on him

his freekicks have been ***** but that doesnt mean u call him overrated and all

he hasnt been as good as last season but he is getting his form back

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
omg - someone's actually been disappointed in ronaldo ? just look at his stats mate- what, 15 goals and 5 assists is it ?- with the arrival of berbatov he doesn't spend as much time in the box ... he's more of a winger and delivers more crosses than the last season - we're talking about 15 goals already - how many scholes had in his best season ?

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
People are basing their opinions on Ronaldo on last season (as expected).

If last season's Ronaldo never happened, we'll all be happy with Ronaldo's form this season.

By the way, I think Ronaldo was better in 2006/2007 season than last season.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
ok so ronaldo hasn't been playing his football in another planet this season , but he has still scored 15 goals to date and thats a fantastic achievment from a winger. we don't want utd to be a one man team its all about teamwork and the more players that get into the scoreing habit can only make it harder for teams to beat us , they might be marking ronaldo tighter but others will score instead .
i still don't think utd are or have fired on all cylinders this season but we have put a marvelous run together ,better than any british team has ever done and although ronaldo has not hit those dizzy heights he still has a say in most goals that utd score and although i do not like what we sometimes get from him i find it hard to be critical when he still scores more than any other winger playing football.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
the onl thing ill say is his passing is shocking

still i dotn see how you can complain about our top scorer and the world player of the year :rolleyes: some people are never happy

Z

·
0 Posts
Stephen said:
People are basing their opinions on Ronaldo on last season (as expected).

If last season's Ronaldo never happened, we'll all be happy with Ronaldo's form this season.

By the way, I think Ronaldo was better in 2006/2007 season than last season.
He was amazing that season in terms for bamboozling defenders and giving us pure entertainment. Last season he cut some of the flair out of his game and focused on being very direct, which ended very well :p

Would be nice to see a Ronaldo in between. Lots of flair and lots of goals. But I'm happy with him this season. He was never going to reproduce his goalscoring of last season.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Look, I was all over ronny in the summer and during the first part of the season because of the rm thing, but I've made my peace with it.

I actually think he's playing with a lot more enthusiasm and commitment since Japan. As has been pointed out, this season could never measure up to last in terms of production and it must be difficult for him to accept that - so at times he presses and gets frustrated.

Hey we're winning and ronny is contributing. I have no problem with him.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Ronaldo isn't the player he was last season.

But anyone who expected him to be are living in a dreamland. Last season was special and he was never going to follow it up in a similar fashion this season. It was a season where everything seemed to go right for him. A once-in-a-lifetime season imo.

It's true that when he first came back his behaviour seemed to deteriorate to an all-time low, with his tantrums, kicking-out etc. But since he's got back into the swing of things, his behaviour level seems to have risen again (there are still the rare moments, but nothing like earlier in the season) and hopefully he doesn't go back to that.

In terms of his actual form, I don't see a major problem. Like -zuco- said, he missed 2 months of the season, as well as missing pre-season so had to get back up to scratch. He also has 15 goals which is a very respectable amount, with quite a bit to go this season, so he could get (and will imo) 20+.

One thing I would say though is that he needs to look at some of his game imo. He's shooting, taking free-kicks, trying to beat people, etc, generally trying things that were coming off this season but aren't this season.

·
Banned
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
He keeps running into trouble,lets them take the ball off him to easily,freekicks ?
well they have been rubish,shooting very poor,I rest my case.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Are you joking mate, he's our top scorer with 15 goals and he missed two months of the season like zuco said, okay he's not as good as last season but last season was probably his best season he will ever have in football he scored 42 goals that will be very hard to replicate.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Ronaldo's passing being questioned? His passing was bad against Derby, but he can turn it on in the blink of an eye and thread a pass Scholes would be proud of, or spot a run from Rooney with his back too him. Silly post...

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Oh good god....

Every1s already mentioned his stats and the fact that he spent a long time recovering from injury... he also gets kicked to bits in games...

Anyway, altho he's not getting as many goals as he did last year he is in my (v biased obsessive) opinion playing quite well.. i in fact think he has become hugely less selfish this year more so than any other and uses the ball very well most of the time... he's on 15 goals... we've got up to 20 odd games left potentially... he could easily hit 30 or close to 30 goals in a v average season by his standards...

By the way Messi aside what other winger has performed as well as him this season,,. has Gerrard even got as many goals ffs!!!

Viva Ronaldo! please score on Sat cos I'll be there!

·
23,699 Posts
I feel a need to defend Mr Cristiano Ronaldo. :eek: :p

In a nutshell:

* 15 goals and 5 assists despite out for 2 months.
* Our top goal scorer and second in the league as a winger.
* Unreal to compare with last season's extraordinary exploit nobody expects to be repeated.
* Attitude has improved vastly in United colours and the sour look has disappeared.
* He is now more direct, willing and attempts more incisive passes sooner than his selfish and self-glorifying former self. Many clever flicks and lay-ons are first class that create opportunities for his team mates.
* He has cut down his antics like diving and hardly screws his face these days.
* Appears to run into trouble often because there are closer attention from 2 to 3 players whenever he has the ball since he becomes the World Player of the Year.
* Still a big threat for us whenever he surges forward and runs at opposition, again creating holes for his team mates to exploit.
* Free kicks and long shots suck though.
* And have to agree too that his taste in women is indeed fast deteriorating, going by the rumoured latest squeeze.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts