Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I had a look through the threads and couldn't see it yet so thought it was worthy of a topic. Apologises if it has been discussed people.

Was I the only one who was very disappointed and let down by Tevez's behaviour last night when he was substituted? The shaking of the head and the angry look on his face. It's a team game, SAF made a tacticial call and Tevez went on to publicly throw a hissy over it. Talk about a wrong way to go about things.

I agreed with Sir Alex's decision. Tevez missed his chance for a goal earlier in the game. His workrate seemed to have decreased and we were crying out for something different. Carlos, one point, it's not all about you mate. It's a bloody team game. Grow the **** up eh?

Maybe it's just that type of thing annoys me though and i'm probably going overboard. Discuss.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Yeah, I was certainly disappointed by it and I think it certainly shows a massive decrease in his respect for Fergie. It was blatantly obvious that the shake of the head was directed at Fergie too. What I found interesting was the way he looked over at the line(presumably in Fergie's direction) while shaking his head and then looked to the crowd and clapped them, showing them his appreciation. I really think it was a statement of intent saying... Listen I love all ye United fans, but I have a problem with Fergie. I know I might be over-examining this action, but it was certainly my first reaction when I saw him walking off. It looked to be the final straw that broke the camels back in their relationship.

Also, I agree with you on the fact, that Fergie needed to change things round. First half, Tevez gave his all, but the one thing that usually lets him down let him down again... fINISHING. If Berba was in that position, I think he would have slotted it home.

·
23,699 Posts
Just to assure you, you are not alone on this. :thumbsup:

I honestly don't think his performance yesterday warranted such diva attitude. Even if it was, it would still be distasteful to display such petulance when being substituted in a team sports.

But I can understand too that he must be very frustrated and disappointed about his appearances by now. I don't see how he would want to stay put for next season to go through what probably would be largely the same arrangement again, barring unwanted suspensions or injuries to either Rooney or Berbatov.

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to assure you, you are not alone on this. :thumbsup:

I honestly don't think his performance yesterday warranted such diva attitude. Even if it was, it would still be distasteful to display such petulance when being substituted in a team sports.

But I can understand too that he must be very frustrated and disappointed about his appearances by now. I don't see how he would want to stay put for next season to go through what probably would be largely the same arrangement again, barring unwanted suspensions or injuries to either Rooney or Berbatov.
I agree with alot of what you said mate but playing for the biggest club in the world you can possibly expect to finish and play every game. He started a home CL semi-final fixture. I'm sure there are lads out tehre who would bite your arm off for that if you offered it to them. The attitude was wrong. It's like he was trying to publicly have a go at fergie(like you said Dazza). Trying to get the fans to choose him or me situation. It's the wrong way to go about it as there is only going to be one winner.

Don't get me wrong, I like Tevez. I respected him for what he does for us but his behaviour last night was bang out of order. Berba(who is supposed to be a moany ******) gave all he had when he cam on. Berba actually went up in my estimations last night and Tevez went down. I was highly let down by him.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Not impressed at all-----That is definitely not the way to please SAF.Mind you it could indicate that he would like to stay.I would be happy to keep him in the squad---- but not for the silly money Joorabchian wants.

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not impressed at all-----That is definitely not the way to please SAF.Mind you it could indicate that he would like to stay.I would be happy to keep him in the squad---- but not for the silly money Joorabchian wants.
I honestly believe we should spend nothing more than 12-15 million on him. No resale value and he's not any better than what we have. The danger of him leaving would be of course the fact he could join Liverpool and that could really come back to bite us on the arse. The thing that delighted me earlier in the week is that Liverpool must sell to buy. Would be great to see the back of Xabi Alonso but i'm afraid I can't see it happening no matter how much Juventus sniff around.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
To be honest lads, I wouldn't look into it all that much. I think yee are blowing it out of proportion in a way. We see a lot of players do it these days and Teves probably was disappointed that he didn't get longer on the pitch in such an important game.
For the record that "Sulky Fecker" played well when he came on and hopefully that's shut the critics up a bit.

·
Bra-burning feminist
3,918 Posts
Yeah, you shouldn't react like that and question your manager, especially when your manager is as tactically astute and knowledgable about the game (especially regarding substitutions!) as Fergie is.

Tevez had been started in the game, he should have been happy with that. Many times this season he's come on at half time and taken someone else's place so he should have understood that it was someone elses turn and given them their chance. When a team has as many options and players as United does, there are going to be players left out and substituted - it's a team game and we play a lot of games and compete in a lot of competitions.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Complete Rubbish. Dont blow it outta proportion. He had a good game and wanted to play more. He was dissapointed on being subbed but apprecaited the fans later and then left the field. All players want to be involved in a big game.

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Complete Rubbish. Dont blow it outta proportion. He had a good game and wanted to play more. He was dissapointed on being subbed but apprecaited the fans later and then left the field. All players want to be involved in a big game.
Lie down.

He publicly disrespected his manager by shaking his head. I don't care what you do privately be a man and accept that the manager is doing what's best for the team. Where did we all say he never appreciated the fans? Why even bring something like that up?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Blowing it out of propportion. I want to see players being disappointed if they get taken off, it means they want to play. It was a big game and he was pissed off that he couldnt play any more of a part in it. Its better than having an Anelka "couldnt give a ****" attitude.

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Blowing it out of propportion. I want to see players being disappointed if they get taken off, it means they want to play. It was a big game and he was pissed off that he couldnt play any more of a part in it. Its better than having an Anelka "couldnt give a ****" attitude.
Fine, but don't do it publicly. be a man and take it up with the gaffer in private. There was no need for it. Tevez was having no effect on the game at that stage. He would get a right rollicking off me if I were SAF.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Well atleast he is just shaking his head, i remember rooney once throwing his boots when subbed (with the England team me think) and Ronaldo has his fair share too. Tbh, i was shaking my head too because i think Tevez did well in the first half especially and quite confidently i thought he for once after a long time will be playing the full match.

When you feel you are doing well and going for the extra miles but yet you being subbed off, i can understand why he feel the way he does. He probably feel he is in a lose situation no matter how well he does he still got subbed off. Not saying what he did is right thou but under certain circumstance and just as long it didnt cost us, i can live with it.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
He publicly disrespected his manager by shaking his head.
I haven't seen it but if he did that it is a sign of disappointment and could be interpreted as disrespect.

Let's get things in perspective here though - it's not like he threw down his shirt or stormed off down the tunnel.

i remember rooney once throwing his boots when subbed (with the England team me think)
Yeah, I remember that. He was sat on the bench, took off his boots and threw them down. The players sat next to him laughed at him. :laugh:

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well atleast he is just shaking his head, i remember rooney once throwing his boots when subbed (with the England team me think) and Ronaldo has his fair share too. Tbh, i was shaking my head too because i think Tevez did well in the first half especially and quite confidently i thought he for once after a long time will be playing the full match.

When you feel you are doing well and going for the extra miles but yet you being subbed off, i can understand why he feel the way he does. He probably feel he is in a lose situation no matter how well he does he still got subbed off. Not saying what he did is right thou but under certain circumstance and just as long it didnt cost us, i can live with it.
It's almost expected off Ronaldo and Rooney. They're two of our best players and Tevez has a long way to go before he can rank alongside them. Why should he play the whole game when he wasn't really involved at all in the first few minutes of the second half? There was nothing wrong with changing it.

He started the CL semi-final at home. He should have been happy enough. He missed a fairly reasonable chance to be fair. If we were going to get a second goal and the chance fell betwen Berba and Tevez I know who I would want to have a go.

It's called having a big squad. Hardly a lose situation. Things went really well for him and he done well. There was no need whatsoever to sulk and moan like he did. SAF is a figure of authority at the club. he's in charge, the last thing you should be doing is arguining with his decisions especially if they're working. Anderson didn't do any bitching when he came off and he played well also. I can understand when were not winning you feel you can change it but when you are winning just accept the tactical changes and move on.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
I noticed it straight away and said it to my brother that thats the end of his United career and i really doubt we will take up the option! I can understand why he was disappointed but still thats noway to act he should have just simply jogged off shaked hands with Berba or hugged Berba clap the fans and and shake Fergies hands! every player gets taken off now and again even if there having decent games!

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I haven't seen it but if he did that it is a sign of disappointment and could be interpreted as disrespect.

Let's get things in perspective here though - it's not like he threw down his shirt or stormed off down the tunnel.
I agree mate but I think deal with this private. I'm sure Arsenal loved to see the discontent. Berbatov seemed to have no problems coming off the bench and trying even though tevez started. Carlos still played more minutes than Berba throughout the game. I see no reason to behave the way he did.

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I noticed it straight away and said it to my brother that thats the end of his United career and i really doubt we will take up the option! I can understand why he was disappointed but still thats noway to act he should have just simply jogged off shaked hands with Berba or hugged Berba clap the fans and and shake Fergies hands! every player gets taken off now and again even if there having decent games!
I agree totally mate. :thumbsup:

Especially considering it was a tactical change. Moving Ronaldo up front and Giggs to the left and basicially playing a 4-4-2. Giggs came on at the same time for Anderson and there was no of that malarky.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
It's almost expected off Ronaldo and Rooney. They're two of our best players and Tevez has a long way to go before he can rank alongside them. Why should he play the whole game when he wasn't really involved at all in the first few minutes of the second half? There was nothing wrong with changing it.
Well to be fair to Tevez, we started the second half not as well as the first thou and that goes with all of our players. Sorry but just because Ronaldo and Rooney are our best player, that doesnt mean i can accept that coming from them. The more i expect them not to do it because in the end, they should know that they are not untouchable. but lets not go there since this is about tevez. How will he improved if he was subbed off everytime when he is trying to deliver?

He started the CL semi-final at home. He should have been happy enough. He missed a fairly reasonable chance to be fair. If we were going to get a second goal and the chance fell betwen Berba and Tevez I know who I would want to have a go.
I didnt say it was wrong of fergie to make that swop. And like i said, i didnt agree with him doing that but still i just dont think tevez reaction is huge enough to be a talking point. It happens with a lot of players and its not like he kick a water bottle and make his way straight to the dressing room or things like that.

It's called having a big squad. Hardly a lose situation. Things went really well for him and he done well. There was no need whatsoever to sulk and moan like he did. SAF is a figure of authority at the club. he's in charge, the last thing you should be doing is arguining with his decisions especially if they're working. Anderson didn't do any bitching when he came off and he played well also. I can understand when were not winning you feel you can change it but when you are winning just accept the tactical changes and move on.
He isnt arguing is he?? I dont remember him standing infront of sir alex face and asking him why he was subbed. And i dont know shaking head is moaning now. I still think this is being taken out of context. For all we might not know, him shaking his head might be because he is disappointed with his performance and that it has cost him? Come on now guys, Tevez has been very patience all these while since the start. And just because he showed a bit of emotion surely we are not going to kill him for that?

·
23,699 Posts
True, nothing too outwardly was expressed. But it was the look in his eyes that tells you it was more than frustration.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts