Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I am studying in Media in Dublin and I have to write up a dissertation in the summer. I want to link it to sport but I am having trouble formulating a research question. It has to be Irish media and I must use questionnaires. If I can't do sport, I shall do crime but I have newspaper experience so, i'd like to study sports articles in Ireland.

Does anyone have any problems with sports media coverage that you want studied or if u have any ideas please let us know.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
how about the irish interest in foriegn sports and the dunphy type writers effect on the population ? or how about a paper on horse racing and crime links to kill two birds with one stone ... murky world however

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haggler said:
how about the irish interest in foriegn sports and the dunphy type writers effect on the population ? or how about a paper on horse racing and crime links to kill two birds with one stone ... murky world however
ye was tinkin of doin something on dunphy. thinking of an actual question is the hardest thing. i'ts due next year i was actually thinking of something like. Do people in Ireland think that there is positive or negative coverage of Manchester United in print journalism in Ireland? How about that? Sounds interesting. I could do questionnaires to see if people are influenced by Dunphy. I'll collect articles from tabloids and broadsheets on United over a specific time duration to help with the research.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Well here's a dissertation idea that has nothing to do with sports, but that you should be looking into which is how coorporations and politicians use the media to spread misinformation.

The american government has admitted to spending money on creating false news through various networks owned by big corporations etc, etc .....

or how american scientists and teachers are losing their jobs when they admit that intelligent design could have played a part in the creation of life.

These scientists and teachers just get fired and black-listed.

So your dissertation could be about the truthfulness of information and how it or the lack there of should be checked and balanced....

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Well here's a dissertation idea that has nothing to do with sports, but that you should be looking into which is how coorporations and politicians use the media to spread misinformation.

The american government has admitted to spending money on creating false news through various networks owned by big corporations etc, etc .....

or how american scientists and teachers are losing their jobs when they admit that intelligent design could have played a part in the creation of life.

These scientists and teachers just get fired and black-listed.

So your dissertation could be about the truthfulness of information and how it or the lack there of should be checked and balanced....
you are still bitter that a gi could be your grand daddy :eek: those hun chicks were glad of a real man at wars end and helmuts helmet was not on the menu . dont believe the but he made me stories - she loved every minute and got a bottle of coke and a hershey bar for her troubles . how about a dissertation on the morals of a conquered countries women ?

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
haggler said:
you are still bitter that a gi could be your grand daddy :eek: those hun chicks were glad of a real man at wars end and helmuts helmet was not on the menu . dont believe the but he made me stories - she loved every minute and got a bottle of coke and a hershey bar for her troubles . how about a dissertation on the morals of a conquered countries women ?
You are still bitter that a helmut's helmets could be where you once originated from! :D

I'm not bitter towards any citizens of any nation, but some countries are more influential in the fields of news and science and so the information from those news and science sources should be checked more thoroughly ....

For example, Angelina and Brad could just be a publicity stunt. I want to see real proof that they're getting it on...a home video would do :)

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
RedForceRising said:
You are still bitter that a helmut's helmets could be where you once originated from! :D

I'm not bitter towards any citizens of any nation, but some countries are more influential in the fields of news and science and so the information from those news and science sources should be checked more thoroughly ....

For example, Angelina and Brad could just be a publicity stunt. I want to see real proof that they're getting it on...a home video would do :)
whose bits are you hoping to spy brad or angies:D or is it all good

1 - 9 of 9 Posts