Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will probably regret this but this is a serious attempt at generating some serious comment on the noble art of "simulation" as the "powers that be" cowardly refer to blatant cheating.

I do not condone cheating from any player, from any team but there seems to be no end to it. In fact its almost accepted nowadays and fans do not even react anymore.

Torres dived to get that Milan player sent off the other night; not a mention of it in the press (that I saw). Yes he did - even Sky (and Phil Thompson agreed) that he dived. But they phrased it in slightly less obvious terminology.

Adebayor dived into United's penalty area last week in the Cup and got yellow carded. But not a word from the Arse camp; or press.

The only answer to this, as far as I can see, is straight red. Video evidence should be used and retro red cards issued.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
does a retro red card have no branding and a tastefull collar ? diving should as you say be stamped on like alf haaland . i also get miffed at all the tugging that goes on at corners/free kicks refs are bottlers .

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I think handing out a red for diving is a bit harsh.
Dont get me wrong I hate people diving and think its a disgrace,
but sometimes its very hard to tell.
We have seen players being booked that actually were fouled and
players getting free kicks and penalties for diving.
I think punishments should be handed out after the games when
replays can be seen etc... and blatant 'simulation' has occured.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts