Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we know we've got them in the semi final of the Champions League.

If we beat Everton in our FA Cup Semi we could face them in the final if they can beat Chelsea.

They also play Liverpool next Tuesday in the league and our pen-ultimate league game is against them at OT.

That's four more times we could meet them before the end of the season.

How big a part are they going to play in our hunt for more silverware?

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
Well obviously they'll be huge in the CL. But without Arshavin, they're missing quite a threat. Although RVP is back but he won't play every game for them. the key really is stoppping Fabregas, his passing has is sublime. In the two games he has returned, he has four assists. I say we put Anderson on him and let him shit away.;)

Vidic should be able to deal with Adebayor because he's quite awkward at times. Leaving Rio free to cover the runners.

Arsenal are a very good side when all their players are fit. Defensively we should be able to take them apart now that Gallas is out. Our counter attacking game will be key. We're a better team than them but it's a matter of showing it on the field.

I hope they give liverpool a whooping on Tuesday, shame though, I can't see it happening now their defence is so badly hit.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope they give liverpool a whooping on Tuesday, shame though, I can't see it happening now their defence is so badly hit.
Liverpool also don't have a game until Tuesday whereas Arsenal have their FA Cup semi against Chelsea at weekend. That could make a difference.

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
Liverpool also don't have a game until Tuesday whereas Arsenal have their FA Cup semi against Chelsea at weekend. That could make a difference.
For sure. It's baffling that Rafa took off Torres so early considering they don't have a game for a week. You never know what arsenal could turn up, they can tear teams to shreds on there day. At the very least, I hope it's a real battle between the two of them with a Torres/Gerrard injury.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Well obviously they'll be huge in the CL. But without Arshavin, they're missing quite a threat. Although RVP is back but he won't play every game for them. the key really is stoppping Fabregas, his passing has is sublime. In the two games he has returned, he has four assists. I say we put Anderson on him and let him shit away.;)

Vidic should be able to deal with Adebayor because he's quite awkward at times. Leaving Rio free to cover the runners.

Arsenal are a very good side when all their players are fit. Defensively we should be able to take them apart now that Gallas is out. Our counter attacking game will be key. We're a better team than them but it's a matter of showing it on the field.

they have mikael silvestre dont they? :p

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
I've learnt to not be surprised by anything Rafa does these days. The man's a clown.
Tbf, he knows how to set up a side over two legs though. He's turned Liverpool in the masters of two legged ties. I'm beyond sickened that he held onto Xabi Alonso over the summer and of course he turned into a real star this season for them.:frown:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
on current form, they are playing way better than us. but u never know by the time we meet. form will be out of question, we are in for a battle, in fact, 3 or even 4 battles.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Answer to Zuco's OP, yes they certainly have a key role. They play each of the top 3 in the league, potentially a cup final against us and now the CL semi-final. They will have a big say in our quest for trophies

Arsenal having nothing to play for in the PL is a little bit of a worry!
I wouldnt say that. Sure they are pretty much out of the title race but I'm sure they would be aiming for 3rd as it would mean more prize money and with that lovely Emirates to pay off, they need any sort of extra revenue. They still have Chelsea to play along with us and Pool so its not beyond them. Plus, Wenger will know the key to maintaining his teams form is to play them regularly and not resting them unnecessarily. Especially for the players returning from injury

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
I wouldn`t say they hold the key to our success. Forgetting the ties
we have against each other, its useless them beating Liverpool if we
don`t do our business well. And concerning the versus ties, they`re
just another team to beat. Only us hold the key to our success, no
matter how bad Arsenal can be.

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
That's not exactly true. If Liverpool drop points, it eliminates another game where they can actually catch us. it should be like a countdown, every round of games that Liverpool don't get close to us should be taken as a positive in my eyes. Liverpool dropping points would be a huge dent to their title push. They would lose confidence and actual ground to us.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
thats for only PL though. if they knock us out of CL then its bye to our quest for history.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
That's not exactly true. If Liverpool drop points, it eliminates another game where they can actually catch us. it should be like a countdown, every round of games that Liverpool don't get close to us should be taken as a positive in my eyes. Liverpool dropping points would be a huge dent to their title push. They would lose confidence and actual ground to us.
True, so true - But i would not say that Arsenal or someone else hold the key to our success. We hold it ourselves, because we are in perfect position for everything, if we were like 2nd in the league table i would believe that, but all we want to do is our own business. And we`ll get there. Finito :thumbsup:

thats for only PL though. if they knock us out of CL then its bye to our quest for history.
For both. As said above, we want to play for ourselves, therefore we determine our destiny.

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
True, so true - But i would not say that Arsenal or someone else hold the key to our success. We hold it ourselves, because we are in perfect position for everything, if we were like 2nd in the league table i would believe that, but all we want to do is our own business. And we`ll get there. Finito :thumbsup:
Oh I agree but i'll take any help we can get now to make the task easier at the moment.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts