Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My main argument for this is the attitude coming out of the club since they have been in the premiership.

They seem to have felt they are a big club with greatness just round the corner with the start of the season heralding it to be Newcastle's year. Cue one or two results not go their way, disappointment rises and out goes a proven quality manager and in comes the next victim to try and produce success.

Seems a dose of relegation may be what the club needs to show the fans that success may be getting a UEFA place or avoiding relegation and more importantly that the next boss needs the most important commodity...time. Ferguson and Moyes are case examples

G

·
Nothing would please me more than to see Newcastle go down. It would probably mean administration for them as they'd have to sell all of their top earners. None of them have relegation clauses in their contracts which means the club would still have to pay them full salaries. Usually clubs have these clauses built in so that if they do get relegated, the players would be forced to take a pay cut, but Newcastle didn't because they must have thought relegation was impossible for them.

I would miss the "Cheer up Alan Shearer" song though.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
My main argument for this is the attitude coming out of the club since they have been in the premiership.

They seem to have felt they are a big club with greatness just round the corner with the start of the season heralding it to be Newcastle's year. Cue one or two results not go their way, disappointment rises and out goes a proven quality manager and in comes the next victim to try and produce success.

Seems a dose of relegation may be what the club needs to show the fans that success may be getting a UEFA place or avoiding relegation and more importantly that the next boss needs the most important commodity...time. Ferguson and Moyes are case examples
i think newcastle deserve to go down, like you cant blame anyone, they have been playin bad, anyone that says newcastle are a big club should think again, nottingham forest are a big club and they have been out of the premier league now for a long time, just cause newcastle have a big stadium and fans doesnt make em one of the biggest clubs in england

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
plus newcastle fans have something to cheer up bout, they'll have the biggest stadium in the championship plus they can have there tyne-wear derby in the championship as boro are goin down too..:bye2:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I'm indifferent really as to whether or not I care about their relegation. At the end of the day, if you dont win enough games in a season you deserve to be relegated. I would however feel sorry for their fans, it must be a horrible experience seeing your club drop out of the PL and they generally give great support.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I'm indifferent really as to whether or not I care about their relegation. At the end of the day, if you dont win enough games in a season you deserve to be relegated. I would however feel sorry for their fans, it must be a horrible experience seeing your club drop out of the PL and they generally give great support.
true they have great support and i bet all of there fans will still support the club if it goes down, wonder how many united supports wud stick with utd if they were relegated, utd have alot of sunshine supports like

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
They get boo'd off the pitch often. They don't have great fans at all :whistling:
thats over the cockney mafia, fans even protested at some part of the season and people stoped goin to matches, isnt kinda the same as fcum...

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I'd love it, love it if they went down. :D

Newcastle have an amazing set of fans and tbh I would feel for them if they get relegated but the way the club has been run is a joke. From sacking Bobby Robson to sacking Sam Allardyce they have made mistake after mistake.

The owner and the players (I still can't believe we drew against them on the 1st day of the season at Old Trafford :rolleyes:) deserve to get relegated but the fans do not.

·
A curry and a crate of wifebeater please!!
25,242 Posts
I've been saying for most of the season that they will go down, but it's sad for the fans. Mass exodus of players if they do. I can see a repeat of the likes of Leeds/Wimbledon etc

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the 'great fans' only have themselves to blame. Couple of bad results and its 'Allardyce OUT'. If we had been the same with ferguson, we would not be standing where we are now looking at equalling Liverpool title haul after going 26 years without getting a sniff.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Still can't believe we drew this bunch on opening day and needed Darren Fletcher to save us.

Based on their performances - it's a definitive yes.

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
I've allways disliked Newcastle. Not sure why, mayb it rubbed off on me from my dad, but i do.
So yes, to see the geordie wanks go down...what was it again? 'I WOULD LOVE IT, ABSOLUTLY LOVE IT'
I think a repeat of leeds would defo happen, tbh ladies and gents, i dont think they will stay up. Just look at the fixtures. If they dont beat boro, bye bye the magpies.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
They have been piss poor this season and the whole Ashley/Wise/Keegan/Big Sam/Shearer/Barton fiasco's have been their undoing. If they finish in the bottom 3 then they will deserve to go down, simple as that.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
The biggest mistake they made was getting rid of Sir Bobby Robson after only 6 games. They've been in steady decline ever since.

As for whether they 'deserve' to go down - the table doesn't lie.

I think they'll stay up anyway. If they can get Martins, Viduka and Owen playing together they'll be fine.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
The biggest mistake they made was getting rid of Sir Bobby Robson after only 6 games. They've been in steady decline ever since.

As for whether they 'deserve' to go down - the table doesn't lie.

I think they'll stay up anyway. If they can get Martins, Viduka and Owen playing together they'll be fine.
i agree with ya mate, he guided em to champions league football two seasons in a row and finished fifth b4 they sacked em after only six games...

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
don't think any team deserves to go down , but lets be honest the table doesn't lie. for a club as big as them it amazes me that they haven't won anything for so, so long yet they still rate themselves amongst the biggest-look at the number of teams that have won things since they lifted a major honour and its staggering.

as for their loyal never say die fans i remember the dark days before keegan arrived the first time, where were most of those so called never say die fans then??

maybe a spell in the championship would be a wake-up call.

also has another other club in history tried to scapegoat so many people????????????????

1 - 19 of 19 Posts