Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barcelona, Ac Milan and United I think it is fair to say now probably have the strongest squads in Europe. But United reached the semis last year - with Tevez deal almost done and Nani, Anderson and Hargreaves here, can United become European Champions then go on and win the Intercontinental club cup. I personally think United can and will. What do you think?

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
United hopefully will win at least two titles I hope for premier league and champions league. Anything more is real and will be great to see.

·
Registered
273 Posts
i reallie dnt think that the Intercontinental cup is something utd are that bothered with and nither am i id rather win the primership and chapions legue i also love the fa cup so id love that as well

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it is the same for most European Clubs, they do not take the Intercontinential club cup seriously enough, though it is actually the highest ranking club trophy in the world.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Anderson's God said:
Barcelona, Ac Milan and United I think it is fair to say now probably have the strongest squads in Europe. But United reached the semis last year - with Tevez deal almost done and Nani, Anderson and Hargreaves here, can United become European Champions then go on and win the Intercontinental club cup. I personally think United can and will. What do you think?
Its hard to rule out many clubs really i think. Chelsea, Liverpool, Lyon, Real Madrid and Inter all will have a very strong shout for winning Europe next season. I think saying AC, Barca and Milan all have the strongest squads is true but everyone is capable for winning Europe.

As for the intercontinental, european teams rarely do well in it for some odd reason. I don't really know why this is, perhaps the standard of footy in south america is really good and we are just oblivious to it over here really and under estimate the quality there.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RichardsReds said:
Its hard to rule out many clubs really i think. Chelsea, Liverpool, Lyon, Real Madrid and Inter all will have a very strong shout for winning Europe next season. I think saying AC, Barca and Milan all have the strongest squads is true but everyone is capable for winning Europe.

As for the intercontinental, european teams rarely do well in it for some odd reason. I don't really know why this is, perhaps the standard of footy in south america is really good and we are just oblivious to it over here really and under estimate the quality there.
As a matter of fact it is a lot closer than you think
EUROPE:21
SOUTH AMERICA:25

United beat Palmeras(Bra) in 99 and lost to Estudiantes(Arg) 68.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yeah its always been between European and South American clubs, but no I don't think it is about the higher standard of football its just who wants it more to be honest.

Anyway I was hoping to make an article about United's shortcomings in Europe and I hope I still do.

·
Registered
166 Posts
they way i see it...United can only get better in europ's finest competition with the new signings and the xperience the young players such as rooney and ronaldo are getting
if you remember 2 seaons ago rooney wasn't playing well and he got suspended for dissing a ref...last season he put in some wonderfull performances....we can only hope to get better :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts