Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we seem to be a bit short of a top class or world class left sided midfielder/winger type who can get up and down and work back. since giggsy has moved inside we are left with nani and younger players coming through on that side- it only comes alive when ronaldo switches flanks and works down there.

the younger players coming through aren't experienced or dominant enough, giggs occasionally rules over there still and ronaldo moves out there every now and again-but don't we lack a world class player in that position-someone we can rely on every game??

we need someone who can anchor that side of the pitch, work up the field when we're attacking and work in tandem with evra both in defence and attack- since giggs vacated that position we haven't had a quality left sided player up to a great standard.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Tosic might be an option next season or llajic who should be here for next season , i think fergie is on the case

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
We're not getting Silva or Ribery, stop going on
about "world class left wingers", it's not going to
happen, jeeeeeez.

In 2 years, if Nani and Ljajic still haven't come of
age, then maybe we will think about buying a left
winger.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Tosic might be an option next season or llajic who should be here for next season , i think fergie is on the case
Yeah, how's Tosic playing at the moment..?
Surely he deserves another chance in the League before the season ends..!
Ljajic is a central/attacking midfielder though so, I couldn't imagine he would fit into the left Wing position with ease..!

I'm hoping Tosic and Nani have a right good battle for that Left Wing spot next season..!:)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
We all know Giggsy can't handle playing every game every week. I don't know really I've been thinking about this for ages, and tbh I don't think we need to at the moment, maybe give Tosic a run out next season and see how he fares. And also can't forget about Nani, I reckon SAF will give him another season to prove his worth and he should be given block of games like 8 games to show us what he can do when he is regularly playing as tbf to the lad he's being given a game every 5 games and then sometimes he doesn't play the full 90.

Park is another option for the left wing but he's just not got the finished product sometimes to be called a quality player. So at the moment, No I don't think we do. However, maybe we should think about it again next season depending on how Tosic and Nani turn out.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
We're not getting Silva or Ribery, stop going on
about "world class left wingers", it's not going to
happen, jeeeeeez.

In 2 years, if Nani and Ljajic still haven't come of
age, then maybe we will think about buying a left
winger.
I agree with you there:thumbsup:
I can't see us signing Ribery, Silva or any other winger this summer..
It's just all the Fanboys going mad..!:)

·
Registered
542 Posts
DAVIDDDDDDDDDDDD silvaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

most likley/

it does need to be quality....... to be a good side u need to have good quality players. not one season hardworker players

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Heres where we are , missing Giggsy. Done a great job for us but unfortunately he wont be there forever :( :( . Park is not playing well - cant get a quality cross in and Nani well--- :p No need to say anything. He 's looking aweful - if thats the right word. In my opinion we do. Not a superstar but one who is willing to put in his best. We have Tosic coming tho.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hmm.... Why not buy - Ribery , Villa , Ramos , Ibrahimovic , Torres , Drogba ? We arent Man City :p
VELENCIA ARE IN FINANCIAL trouble . he his left sided silva!....... silva would look to go bigger club. silva is also very inteligient at given out smart passes and stuff. ribery got his assed wooped by barca and hes 26.

becsause velencia are in financial trouble they are looking to sell players more urgently i think this is more realistic. than getting ramos ibra torres and drogba! and sorry i dont like big players they seem to slow the game down. ibra is so overated! and drogba wont keep up imo.

i do like idea of villa hes striker tho. which is offtopic

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
VELENCIA ARE IN FINANCIAL trouble . he his left sided silva!....... silva would look to go bigger club. silva is also very inteligient at given out smart passes and stuff. ribery got his assed wooped by barca and hes 26.

becsause velencia are in financial trouble they are looking to sell players more urgently i think this is more realistic. than getting ramos ibra torres and drogba! and sorry i dont like big players they seem to slow the game down. ibra is so overated! and drogba wont keep up imo.

i do like idea of villa hes striker tho. which is offtopic
:laugh:

·
Registered
76 Posts
As I view it, we have Tosic and Nani, who are still young and can still prove themselves in time, if they get a good run of games and aren't good enough, fair enough, but neither have had that
Park is good for some games, but not for others, where Nani and Tosic COULD fit in
so at the moment, we're, well, acceptable.
BUT if Silva is going at a cut price, I'd hate to miss out on him, although if his price is stupidly high, I wouldn't care if we left him

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
quality player !!! Why SAF sold PIque ??

Because SAF realised that Pique wanted 1st team football and at United it would be hard to get that chance.. He decided to sell Pique to Barca for what he thought was a good deal and the best thing for Pique himself..!
Anyway Jonny Evans wouldn't have developed aswell as he has if Pique was still at the club and in Evans we have a player who could stay at United for life.. Rather than holding on to Pique for another couple of years before he decided to move to the La liga anyway..!

1 - 20 of 132 Posts