Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Neville's getting a bit injury prone and i sometimes have little faith in Brown. So the question is, do we need a right back as extra cover for next season?

Pique i think can player there but is more of a CB.

I'd like to see us go for someone as cover because if we lose Neville next season we could be in deep water!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
We dont need one, not this season anyway. Some of the young lads will be off out on loan but there are so many options for right back in my opinion. Brown for starters is a very good player. He links up well enough with Ronnie and he gets forward a fair bit. O'Shea can play there also . Evra can come across if we are stuck. Evans is so good that he can play anywhere along the back four. Pique is very versatile also. There are young players with great potential like Bardsley, Simpson and Lee who could all do a job IMO. I wouldnt be too worried.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have always wanted 2 bring about this topic. Gary is slow and when playing againist Chelsea, Roben gets the better of him. I think we need Micah Richards. thanx RichardReds 4 the topic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
no i dont think we need a new right back just yet.
neville although gets a few injury's still has a few years left in him.
wes brown can play right back and so can john oshea so we have cover for the right back position. if we were goingto sig a new right back i would go for daniel alves from sevilla.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Man U Will Not Sign A Rb Cz We Hav Agreed Deals For Brazilian Twins Rafael And Fabio Silva When They Turn 18 Wich Is Next Summer. They Are Lb & Rb And Both Play For The Brazil Youth Teams.

·
Registered
265 Posts
HUW_92 said:
Man U Will Not Sign A Rb Cz We Hav Agreed Deals For Brazilian Twins Rafael And Fabio Silva When They Turn 18 Wich Is Next Summer. They Are Lb & Rb And Both Play For The Brazil Youth Teams.
yea but how good are those two does anyone know,havent seen/heard anything about them?

·
Registered
166 Posts
yeah i haven't heard anything about them either till the news said bout they're signing to united...howerver..i don't think we need a cover right back, problem we faced last year is having all our defenders injured not just one or two :(
i think we should be fine this season..its a really promising one so far :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
united4ever said:
Hargreaves, Brown, O'shea and Pique can all play right back.
Are they as good as Gary Neville or even come close ? I really don't think so.
Wes Brown would be the best cover of Gary for now but that doesn't make him become the ideal replacement. O'Shea is in the same situation with Pique.

We need another good player to replace Gary, I got a little hope for Phil Bardsley but lately it seems the chance for Bardsley as potential replacement had gone away.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I think in time we will need a right back to replace neville rather than just play back-up, but hopefully no-one in the mould of dani alves that would prefer to bomb forward all day instead of actually defending.

P.S. Johnny Evans is a left-footed centre back, and i believe will be the future vice-captain to king Rooney.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What we need is mature player with bags of experiece to replace Gary. Now I just cannot see any players in our academy that good enough to replace him totally. Though I don't know for sure about the Brazillian twin Fabio & Rafael.

·
Registered
10 Posts
to me gary is a good player but he is not consistent.oppossing players with skills give him a hard time.he delivers good crosses in the box though.i prefer wes brown in that position coz its hard to get past.

·
Registered
265 Posts
ginger said:
to me gary is a good player but he is not consistent.oppossing players with skills give him a hard time.he delivers good crosses in the box though.i prefer wes brown in that position coz its hard to get past.
nev is brilliant coming forward hes a legend and when playing regular is the best rightback in the country! remember his reaction after the last 2 liverpool games united need that spirit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts