Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All these transfer rumors us going for eto,torres and berbatov for example are good and everyne would want these players to join us because they are all world class but i say we dont need any i mean yes saha gets injured a lot and ole isent what he used to be but we have rooney and smith is great in that attack role but what we must no ferget is that we have rossi he really had a great time at parma and scored some great goals i think he is ready and fergie should give him that chance so why need a new one i mean i would love it if someone like eto came but that would shorly make rossi leave for good.

options people?

·
Registered
19 Posts
almost i agree wid u
but if man united want 2 be NUMBER 1 in da world hw has 2 buy ST
cus
1)saha:sorry but he is not man united level
2)ole:he is 34 i think.......
3)rossi : he had a great season wid Parma.....but Man United is not like Parma!!!
4)smith:i like him he is so strong and he is fighting in da game
thats mean we have 2 great ST :rooney + smith but 2 is not enough 4 a great club like Man United
i think we need
1)torres or
2)m.owen
3)tevez
4)berba

thats my opinion
thank u man

·
Registered
414 Posts
mould klaas into a berb type player, thats what i say, both rossi and saha's one touch link up play is superb, maybe klass could learn something from them two in training. smith and roo up front would be the dream.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think what fergie has to do is give rossi a chance and just give him a test run at a few games though you guys put some good pionts up there to

·
Registered
211 Posts
ENGLAND 4EVER said:
almost i agree wid u
cus
3)rossi : he had a great season wid Parma.....but Man United is not like Parma!!!
thats mean we have 2 great ST :rooney + smith but 2 is not enough 4 a great club like Man United
i think we need
1)torres or
2)m.owen
3)tevez
4)berba

thats my opinion
thank u man
Well i think your opinion is rubbish.

Firstly Saha is a great player(When he's fit) Definatly up to Man Utd standard.
Ole will be around for atleast 1 more season, nothing to worry about this season.
Rossi, well Rossi is a great prospect, and i expect him to be in the first team next season.

I agree Torres would be a great signing, but there would be more suitable players. Tevez wouldn't be suitable, and Berbatov has just signed a new 5 year deal. I would love to see Klass jan Huntelaar in a Man Utd shirt next season.
There's my two strikers
1) Torres
2)Huntelaar

Thats my opinion.:)

·
Registered
788 Posts
Fergie is looking for Klass jan Huntelaar of Ajax and he is reported to be montioring Heerenveen's, Brazilian Alfonso Alves who topped the Dutch scoring charts with 34 goals in 31 games, which included a remarkable five hat-tricks.

He ended the season by netting four times on the final day against Feyenoord

I hope Klass Jan comes this summer

·
Registered
211 Posts
ARBUCKS said:
Fergie is looking for Klass jan Huntelaar of Ajax and he is reported to be montioring Heerenveen's, Brazilian Alfonso Alves who topped the Dutch scoring charts with 34 goals in 31 games, which included a remarkable five hat-tricks.

He ended the season by netting four times on the final day against Feyenoord

I hope Klass Jan comes this summer
He's also been linked with Chelski. I don't know weather he would be premiership level. If he signs for us then i hope im wrong, But if Chelski sign him, he can be another one of there flops.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Louis Saha- had potential to become a world-class striker, but is too injury-prone and now seems to have some sort of mental block about his fitness. His touch and finishing is exquisite but sometimes frustrating and he's not United quality, especially as our main striker.

Alan Smith- as much of a battler he is, he should be a third-choice striker for a club like Manchester United. He won't be getting 30 goals next season, although I hope deep down he goes get at least 15 goals; if anyone deserves them, it's this fighting lad.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer- unfortunately, despite recovering from a horrendous injury and getting a few goals, he's looked off the pace a little and to be honest, his future may be in coaching. He won't be the answer to our future striking problems aged 34/5.

Wayne Rooney- potentially one of the best players in the world, but still is no natural goal-poacher. Despite going through a dry season, he ended with his goal tally in the mid-20's, but we need someone who can just deliver some great goals, but also the tap-ins and the finishing touch in a scrambled penalty area.

Giuseppe Rossi- we need commitment and this kid looks like a potential blossom-then-run, as he has expressed a desire to play for AC Milan. That all said and done, he has pledged his short-to-middlish-term future to Man Utd and breaking into the first team. He'll be better than Louis Saha or Alan Smith, so perhaps a second choice striker in the future.

Dong Fangzhou- as a strong target man and United seem to be going into a rotating 4-5-1 to 4-3-3 formation, he is perhaps the most likely young striker to break into the team sheet, given his potential. We might keep him as a squad player for many years considering the revenue he's bringing in from China.

The bottom line is we need someone who is tall, strong, skilful and can score great goals as well as tap-ins. Serious speculation suggests that our man will be the £17m acquistion of Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I think your assessments of our strikers is spot on Jay. I completely agree with you except for who you want to bring in. I think buying Ibrahimovic would be a huge gamble. I have seen him play a fair bit and Im not totally convinced. Yes he has unbelievable skill for a big man and he can score goals but I dont think his attitude is right. He seems very lazy at times and has a tendency to miss the target more often than not. He reminds me a bit of Berbatov as a player but I rate Berbatov way higher. I would much prefer to see Eto'o, Huntelaar or Berbatov and possibly Torres in a United shirt. I think the most likely player is Huntelaar. The other 3 would take some prising away from their teams.

·
Registered
19 Posts
dovorian said:

Ole will be around for atleast 1 more season, nothing to worry about this season.
Rossi, well Rossi is a great prospect, and i expect him to be in the first team next season.

I agree Torres would be a great signing, but there would be more suitable players. Tevez wouldn't be suitable, and Berbatov has just signed a new 5 year deal. I would love to see Klass jan Huntelaar in a Man Utd shirt next season.
There's my two strikers
1) Torres
2)Huntelaar

first:can you be more polite in your comment !!
second:saha is great player!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
1)every time is injured (I started think that he loves the injuries :D )
2)from 100 chance he is scoring 1 goal:mad:
3)I did not say that is he is bad but he is not man united level(he is good as Sub)

third:Rossi i think he will be a great ST but we want the CL so we need a perfect ST wid rooney

fourth:Huntelaar i think he is not suitable 4 man united plan
cus he is just staying near the GK waiting the basses ,also he is not a fast ST and the important thing 4 man united plan is the :speed
thanks 4 ur opinion

·
Registered
263 Posts
dovorian said:

There's my two strikers
1) Torres
2)Huntelaar

I think his opinion was Good. Your opinion was the 1 that sucks.
1) Torres - too expensive. Doesnt want to leave Athletico. and Even if he did he will probably go to liverpool cause rafa has got spanish connections and is gd mates with athletico head coach.

2) Huntelaar - work permit - great mates wiv Robbin and Kuyt. Barcalona r gna get him because Barca and Psv have a trading contract.!

if were gna get any1 its gna b
1) Eto
2) Tevas
3) Owen
4) A young player like Aguero

·
Registered
211 Posts
man.utd.singh said:
I think his opinion was Good. Your opinion was the 1 that sucks.
1) Torres - too expensive. Doesnt want to leave Athletico. and Even if he did he will probably go to liverpool cause rafa has got spanish connections and is gd mates with athletico head coach.

2) Huntelaar - work permit - great mates wiv Robbin and Kuyt. Barcalona r gna get him because Barca and Psv have a trading contract.!

if were gna get any1 its gna b
1) Eto
2) Tevas
3) Owen
4) A young player like Aguero
Firstly thanks, but as England Forever told me. You could be alot more polite so learn some manners.
secondly, you can't spell, Tevez, not whatever that says.

Thanks for giving your opinion with Huntelaar and Torres. But you haven't change my mind. But what do you reckon about Nani. Having a second Ronaldo, and is already great mates with Ronaldo.:D

·
Registered
211 Posts
ENGLAND 4EVER said:
first:can you be more polite in your comment !!
second:saha is great player!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
1)every time is injured (I started think that he loves the injuries :D )
2)from 100 chance he is scoring 1 goal:mad:
3)I did not say that is he is bad but he is not man united level(he is good as Sub)

third:Rossi i think he will be a great ST but we want the CL so we need a perfect ST wid rooney

fourth:Huntelaar i think he is not suitable 4 man united plan
cus he is just staying near the GK waiting the basses ,also he is not a fast ST and the important thing 4 man united plan is the :speed
thanks 4 ur opinion
Read what you wrote

ENGLAND 4EVER said:
almost i agree wid u
cus
i think we need
1)torres or
2)m.owen
3)tevez
4)berba

thats my opinion
thank u man

Oh maybe it was a typing error:rolleyes:

·
Registered
736 Posts
I think we don't need a striker cause ManUtd already signed Anderson and Nani.
Nani could replace giggs and Anderson can be a striker.Sir Alex Ferguson already said that he will bring at least three new signing and Hargreaves,Nani,Anderson is ManUtd new boy so we don't need a striker.Samuel Eto'o yeah he is great but he will cause 27-40 million and it will be a waste of money or even Klaas Jan Huntelaar, he said he want to stay at Ajax.Lets just concentrate on this two new boys.As i said Anderson could be a striker because he good in attacking and it would be good if we try him on a striking position.What do you say ?

Its my opinion so somebody say something.....
:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
When we traded Ruud, I immediately jumped on the Saha bandwagon. I fully believed the Frenchman could shoulder the weight of the EPL and help us through... he did that with skill. He did that with grace. He did that for half a season. Watching the games where we had no one on the bench except Kuczcak on the bench as Louis recovered from whatever slight pain was"plaguing" him that week was too much for me. He can't play through pain. He didn't make sacrifices for the team. We needed him in the FA Cup and where was he? IMO, we couldn't be rid of him fast enough.

That said, I do think Rossi and Anderson have bright futures, and Ole and Alan are dangerous threats in off the bench. But we need a second forward, and I would like to look to an older player who could add experience, class, and wouldn't demand significant minutes in every game (like Larsson last season). Not really sure who fits that bill, but if we sign a BIG name, that's a lot of egos on one bench to keep happy... and then we fall into the Chelski boat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think we need another striker to form a partnership with Rooney. Sure we got one with Ronaldo/Rooney but i would have a Cole/Yorke partnership to take the pressure of Ronaldo scoring all the time. Ronaldo can't have brilliant games and seasons all the time so i wouldn't mind another striker and for one to go out most probably Saha or Smith.

H

·
0 Posts
I don't think that a second striker is gonna happen with the signings of Anderson,Nani,& Hargreaves it could mean that scholes or ronaldo take up a strikers spot so as to accomodate the new midfield the glazers won't want all that money sat on the bench,but I Would like to see Saha go he has been a complete waste of money to much time out with injurys and unreliable but would like to see smithy stay at least he has a bit of fight in him as he showed coming back from injury wish saha had the same commitment

·
Registered
9 Posts
do we need another striker

yes we do !!!!! God bless Solskjaer and Rooney but we need another front man, Rooney plays best with a front man and himself playing just behind. Saha just somehow doesn't shine. we are great at the back. Midfiels almost there but we despartely need some fresh new talent up front;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree with ya 100% we do need another front man, We have an adundance of talent midfield, defence is okay, but either move Sholes up front and let Rooney play just behind, where he excells. Saha just doesn't cut it, Smithy's commitment is superb but we need some quality like what Sherringham gave us

1 - 20 of 37 Posts