Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dose manchester united need new player. We just need to get some more money from the owners. we could win the league if we got the player and kept Ronaldo happy he would be playing better and get soem more goal.

·
Registered
934 Posts
zoran_zlatanov said:
yes,
- we need good left winger / due to Giggs retirement/
- also RB
- and maybe one good GK to replace VDS if necessary
agreed. except with rb maybe wait a season til neville retires

·
Registered
211 Posts
A RB - Alves would have been my choice but he went to Barca, Maybe Sergio some how?

RM - If and thats a big IF Ronaldo decides, get Serigo from RM and maybe get Kaka/Messi.

GK- Possibly? Valdes? James? CARSON? You may underate these goalys, but I think they hold good.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
We only need to sign some wingers

a replacement for Giggsy so i would say McGeady
and a replacement for Ronald if he leaves so i say Ashley Young

we don't need a right back as we have three great Rb's

Neville is doing great and Celtic and Bolton matches is an example
Brown is awesome and Blackburn match is an example
Rafeal is superb and he can only get better as Aalborg Boro and Westscum matches are examples

Threesome :cool:

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
We need a play maker and wing backs. Also if/when Ronaldo leaves for Spain we will need two wingers as well if Fergie dont want to waste Rooney as a attacking winger/forward to squeeze in Tevez next to Berbatov.

Goalkeepers is a real problem. Whatever we do, we do wrong. But as long as Ed is more fit then out of order its ok. Both Tom and Ben is decent back ups but no Championship winning keepers.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
spellbound said:
Goalkeepers is a real problem. Whatever we do, we do wrong. But as long as Ed is more fit then out of order its ok. Both Tom and Ben is decent back ups but no Championship winning keepers.
I agree about Tom and Ben :)

I think that there is an excellent option. Spurs have some very good players , but if they continue losing their games , they will surely go to Championship . And they will sell most of their start. I really like Heurelho Gomes.

Full name Heurelho da Silva Gomes
Date of birth February 15, 1981 (1981-02-15) (age 27)

Excellent goalkeeper with a lot of experience in CL. And 27 is a perfect age for goalkeeper.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Some people are just never satisfied....
We DONT need any new players this season.
We might freshen it up next year as usual with 1/2 players max.
We are awesome right now and shouldnt even be thinking about new players.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
squadwise i think we're pretty strong in most departments so we don't need squad players, we need to invest in a few world class players in key positions i.e. goalkeeper and a couple of top wingers, esp left side

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
We NEED a signing this january. Thats the permanent signing of one Mr. Carlos Tevez. We can't afford to delay it any longer.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Park needs replacing and Giggs has lost his wing skill, another winger is needed.
Centre mid needs a back up, I wont be happy at Fletcher covering centre mid when Scholes retires and we play Anderson and Carrick in there. Also, a new young Goalkeeper.

I wouldn't mind if the winger/centremid back up player we signed was just a squad player, but he needs flair and athletic ability.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
It's nice to bring in new players but I believe at this time no new players are needed, otherwise SAF would of invested in some players this summer.

If anywhere I'd say left wing is our weakest position as I reckon Giggsy will retire at the end of this season.

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
we don't need anyone in january/for the rest of the season.

next summer though we might need a playmaker/goal scoring midfielder to ease scholes out, the rest will depend on departures and improvements from our youngsters (especially Nani), assuming VDS will go, I think Foster should be given his chance.

the only thing I can see happening next summer is a new #7, with VDS retiring - Foster taking his spot and Nani replacing Giggs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
we need to buy a top goalkeeper and a world class left-mid. and sell some of are player's like park, Hargreaves, evans and loan out some young player's to like rafael & fabio.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Simmsy08 said:
we need to buy a top goalkeeper and a world class left-mid. and sell some of are player's like park, Hargreaves, evans and loan out some young player's to like rafael & fabio.
:eek: I dont really know what to say......
We have lots fo quality in the goalkeeper department, more so than we have done possibly ever.
Sell Hargreaves and Evans? even Park? wtf? :confused:
Evans is the future, a total class act. Hargreaves is immense, versatile and
hugely important, as is Park who is a top squad player.

Z

·
0 Posts
We have almost a perfect squad already and I don't think we need to sign any new
players. If we WERE to sign a new player it would be either a good winger or a back
up left back for Evra. At the moment the only left back cover we have is John O'Shea
and (maybe) Jonny Evans, and while he's a decent cover, he's not a natural
overlapping left back. Having said that, we do have Fabio but he'll be injured for a
while.

I don't understand why people are saying we need a right back. We've got Neville,
Rafael and Brown all fighting for that place and all can do the job more than
adequately.

We've got one of the best strike forces in the world and also one of the best midfields
when everyone's fit. Put that together with a back five that has conceded fewer
goals than any other team in the last two seasons and only then is the ridiculousness
of this thread revealed.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
^^^good call Blade. How long is FAbio out for? Surely not too long?
Just too add to your post....at RB we need nobody. You mentioned wes, Nev
and Rafael. We also have Simpson out on loan and players like Evans, Hargo
and Fletch who can also play there.

As for LB, we have O'Shea as you mentioned and Evans who is an international
left back, Fabio and players like Anderson who can also play there.
We dont really need anyone tbh, maybe a left winger next summer but thats it.
People saying we need this, that and the other are just being greedy and
unrealistic. If we bought all these players who would make way?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts