Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The transfer market is nearing its end and we havent even bought a player( Petrucci except) do we need to get active

I think we must buy a striker and a cover for Ronaldo

Get your views

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Yes we would all love to see a new face in the squad, bu truth of the matter is no we dont NEED to buy someone.

I would be delighted with the signing of Berbatov though. I believe Fergie might just buy someone this week just in time for the community shield :D

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
We only neeed at least 2 players, preferablly a defender and a must buy a new striker! But if the team is unchanged, is a good thing, as the team know eachother inside out and how they flow, unlike other teams buying loads and not familarise with each other!

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
i beleive all we really need is a striker weather ronaldo leaves or not, and if ronaldo were to leave we would have a lot of money to invest so as some have said young mite be a good replacement, although i think schwinestiger or ribery are better capable of filling in for ronaldo's boots, i think saha will go and im not sure IF ronaldo will yet so all i call for is a new striker, my favorite is agureo but i see huntelaar or berbatov being the most likely with an out side chance of santa cruz

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Even If Ronaldo Leaves or not We need a Striker..
I'd like to Make a Move For Berba..
He's Quality Striker and can make a great Partnership with Rooney ,Tevez and Ronny..

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's really frustrating not seeing any movement in the transfer market, and now Pavlyuchenko has apparently ruled out a move to Tottenham, this probably means no berbatov unless a replacement is made soon :( We have had a chance to really take the Premier League by storm this year by strenghting further more but all we have to show for our selves is a 16 yr old from Roma ! I can really see us struggling up to til Ronaldo leaves or comes back from injury to score goals away from home, personally i would want Ronaldo to leave he obviously has no respect for the club and then Ferguson will be forced into to buying, you know i dont know if it's the Glazers been tight with Berbatov or what but we need a player like this and should pay for his services especially if he is going to get 20 + goals a season !

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Why is it frustrating? Do we actually NEED anybody at all. We have the squad that won the CL and The Prem last season - isn't that enough?

We should not be buying just for the sake of it. OK, if someone comes along that would be a piece of the jigsaw, but not just because we, the fans, think we should automatically sign anyone just for the hell of it.

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
People have forgotten about the right back shortage?

Especially with Neville crocked again

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
NoxiousD said:
People have forgotten about the right back shortage?

Especially with Neville crocked again
We dont need RB
Gary will be back soon
And Simpson Should Have Gained First Team Experience With His Loans

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Gry Neville has probably played his last season for us, we do need a world class right back BUT, need to shop wisely. In the meantime we have a couple of kids, and Wes can play there.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Red Devil said:
Gry Neville has probably played his last season for us, we do need a world class right back BUT, need to shop wisely. In the meantime we have a couple of kids, and Wes can play there.
Simpson Is young and he can play in Gary place
and also we have the bra twins who can play as RB and LB

·
Registered
29 Posts
Red Devil said:
Why is it frustrating? Do we actually NEED anybody at all. We have the squad that won the CL and The Prem last season - isn't that enough?

We should not be buying just for the sake of it. OK, if someone comes along that would be a piece of the jigsaw, but not just because we, the fans, think we should automatically sign anyone just for the hell of it.
So you dont think Chelsea and Arsenal and Liverpool arent stronger?And you think they are going to be the same teams as last season? Chelsea pushed us all the way last season and have strengthened very well with a new manager and deco and bosingwa and are in talks to sign Robinho, with this squad they will have no problems with going all the way this time and i think we are going to have a real even closer fight for the title this season and if anything going into the opening weekend in goal scoring terms we are somewhat weaker and if you believe Tevez, Rooney (dont get me wrong they will provide alot of goals and score at least 20)and Fraizer Campbell will get the goals or be considered as "prolific" then fool me, and they wont be any Ronaldo to get the goals til October or if at all. We need a goalscorer and someone of a direct figure and then i believe we will be complete.And i dont see the fans saying that we should sign someone for the hell of it, it's positions that they believe need strenghtening which in most cases is a striker !
I remember ferguson saying after we won the league in 2006-7 we will keep strengthening and getting better.Which we did do last season but can we do it this season?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts