Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
last season was very reliant at times on Mr Ronaldo. Without him we would have won nothing.

That is the reason why we need to strengthen.

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
any of you who say that we dont NEED to sign anyone is crazy.

what happens if rooney or tevez get injured? especially with ronaldo out the first 3 months.

saha made of glass
manucho injured and hasnt got a work permit

so that leaves us with fraizer campbell and welbeck...? welbeck is, what, 17? no chance. and campbell is unproven.

basically you guys are banking on luck - whether rooney/tevez dont get injured, whether saha doesn't break his leg getting off the bus and whether our youngsters can excel and play to the standard needed for the best team in the world, in the best league in the world.

we need to buy a striker, pure and simple common sense.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
im happy with manucho and campbell
sign berbatov and they never play
and mr ronlado isn't going anywhere
so were in the same situation as last season
just with an injection of youth

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
Natalie said:
im happy with manucho and campbell
sign berbatov and they never play
and mr ronlado isn't going anywhere
so were in the same situation as last season
just with an injection of youth
SR7 is injured
saha is injured
manucho didnt get work permit yet
campbell dont have epl first team (even sub) experience
anderson is in the olympics
nani is banned
neville is injured

at least we need a striker

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
we need to buy and buy proven quality.

Liverpool have improved, arsenal have improved and chelsea have just spent wildly.

If we dont we will fall behind like era of 3-4 years ago when it looked bleak. Then he signed unproven tosh like djemba (so bad named him twice!!), liam miller, kleberson and was trying to run the team on kids like richardson that never deserved to be in United XI. Ronaldo was in his developing stage (comparisons to nani last season) and we just looked second rate.

Squad has decreased in size over summer and it wasnt that big to start with. Campbell deserves his chance along with others but would you put Campbell up front against Chelsea at Bridge and against the Scousers at Anfield.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would love us to buy a striker. After last summer when we got our players in quick, I've been bored seeing this window drag on without us buying anyone. I think Fergie would want to bring a player in before the season starts, cos with Rooney and Tevez we had to wait until they got fit enough to play. I hope it's Berbatov cos he's quality.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts