Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 165 Posts

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
Yes we need tevez, but not for 30 mil.....if i was SAF i would go as far as 18 mil.
He is still only 23, has his best years ahead of him & is one amazing talent.
His inter-play with the rest of the squad is great, i want to see him and rooney start v sunderland saturday :)...there was some good times with rooney ronaldo and tevez last year :D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Tevez is and will be one of our best players,the only problem i have with him is the price TAG!!!!!!!.why dont we save some money please/////

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
The thing is that Tevez will only be playing proper matches if someone's injured, he's aware of this and he'll have to think about it.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
abojodeh said:
he have scored same as Berbatov in less time against better teams :D
Why do you compare midfielder(Berbatov) with striker(Tevez) :D

And IMO we should sell Berbatov and pay for Tevez. We can't use a target man while C.Ronaldo is in the team.

BTW Berbatov would play a lot better for teams like Real Madrid, Inter, Barcelona..... where midfilelders are not as selfish as some of ours.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Cappy said:
Good to see it didn't affect him today (lack of playing time)...could be something that starts to if he doesn't get more consistent run-outs with the first team. Hope it doesn't since you can't guarantee Berba and Roo to be there for all our games the rest of the way this year.
I think he actually showed real heart. Another player with the wrong attitude might have sulked on the pitch, but fair play to Carlito, he really dug his heels in and produced the goods.

One of the reason fergie rates him ......

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
zoran_zlatanov said:
Why do you compare midfielder(Berbatov) with striker(Tevez) :D

And IMO we should sell Berbatov and pay for Tevez. We can't use a target man while C.Ronaldo is in the team.

BTW Berbatov would play a lot better for teams like Real Madrid, Inter, Barcelona..... where midfilelders are not as selfish as some of ours.
no Berbatov is a striker and he should play in the same role which he played against citeh

a mark man

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
RedForceRising said:
I think he actually showed real heart. Another player with the wrong attitude might have sulked on the pitch, but fair play to Carlito, he really dug his heels in and produced the goods.

One of the reason fergie rates him ......
Yeah, that is what I am getting at. I just wonder how long he can keep that attitude up. If we gonna make a run at all the remaining trophies, it is obvious that he will have a part to play with us this year so hopefully his contract situation, and his lack of first team appearances do not affect his mindset. I don't see that happening, but with most players it would.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Cappy said:
Yeah, that is what I am getting at. I just wonder how long he can keep that attitude up. If we gonna make a run at all the remaining trophies, it is obvious that he will have a part to play with us this year so hopefully his contract situation, and his lack of first team appearances do not affect his mindset. I don't see that happening, but with most players it would.
Yep... even the toughest battlers can get weary and if he isn't appreciated for his effort, I'm sure he'll get disheartened. Anyone would.

Still feel we could use a Ruud-type more than Tevez and for 30mil, he's a luxury.
So is berba by the way, but his transfer is already permanent, so if something had to give, it would be Tev.

Next move David Gill.

·
23,699 Posts
guardian

Ferguson delighted with Tevez's frustration

Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted he is delighted Carlos Tevez is frustrated at not being a regular member of his starting line-up this season. The Manchester United manager said he does not want anyone who is happy to sit in the stand to be part of his squad.

Tevez has been the odd man out since Dimitar Berbatov's arrival at Old Trafford last summer with speculation mounting that the Argentine may not want to turn his loan deal into a permanent contract when the season ends next May.

However, the forward has given Ferguson a major selection dilemma ahead of Saturday's meeting with Sunderland after scoring four times in the midweek Carling Cup win over Blackburn.

After the game, Tevez once again highlighted his relative lack of opportunities and Ferguson admitted he has spent the last couple of days trying to work out if he can fit his entire £90m strike-force into one team. The answer, however, is almost certainly no, given that the Ballon D'Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo also expects to be involved.

"It is obvious Carlos doesn't enjoy it," said the United manager. "He wants to play. But do I want players who are quite happy to sit in the stand? I have to manage that situation the best I can. I understand he wants to play. I want to pick a team that wins. I have to be as fair as I possibly can."

With confusion over his opening goal against Rovers now cleared up, Tevez has six for the campaign, putting him level with Berbatov and Wayne Rooney
, United's matchwinner against Manchester City last weekend. "Carlos has given me a big selection problem," admitted Ferguson.

"I have been doodling on my pad trying to see how I could fit all these players in but one of the important parts of your team is a proper balance. I am working on that. It was a fantastic performance from the lad on Wednesday, full of energy and aggressive running. The lad always tries and I admire him for that, even if it does not make my job any easier."

Ferguson acknowledged there were other eye-catching displays as United sealed their place in the Carling Cup semi-finals. Anderson was outstanding in central midfield, while Jonny Evans and Ben Foster were among the standout performers at the back, even if United did concede three goals.

With five trophies to play for over the coming months, Ferguson is now confident that his squad can handle the demands of a congested fixture list. "There were a lot of good performances on Wednesday, which tells me I have a good squad and gives me encouragement that we will be able to handle these fixtures in the second half of the season," he said.

"We have two games to make up once we have come back from the Club World Cup in Japan but we have lost two midweek dates due to the Carling Cup semi-finals. If we were to get to the final it would be another game, so you can understand our concerns a little bit. The squad that played on Wednesday will be the one I use in the semi-final. That is for definite."

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
Tevez is a telling factor to the side,but the price is a bit silly,he's a workhorse,but for 30 mill ,you need a bit more than determination

·
Registered
366 Posts
I for one really hope United don't off load Tevez . For me I don't think there are many players out there with his drive and enthusiasm for the game of football . You can see frustration written all over his face . At the moment when he does get a game he tries too hard and it doesnt help his performances . I think its fair to say that most people don't think Fergie is doing the right thing by leaving him out . Just give him a chance Alex thats all we are asking .

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Yep... even the toughest battlers can get weary and if he isn't appreciated for his effort, I'm sure he'll get disheartened. Anyone would.

Still feel we could use a Ruud-type more than Tevez and for 30mil, he's a luxury.
So is berba by the way, but his transfer is already permanent, so if something had to give, it would be Tev.

Next move David Gill.
Yeah, it is kinda sad that it has gotten to this point, with how quickly he was rising to cult status with the fans, and to be dropped from the starting 11 and from so many minds is frustrating, but it is a business afterall.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I always said if tevez knows that he is back up to berba & rooney & doesn't moan about it, then sign him. Cause end of the day, he is one of the most well known strikers in the world today. He needed that game against blackburn, cause those 4 goals he scored made every united fan give him another chance. Because before that, he wasn't scoring & people (including me) were saying he can be replaced. I still feel that rooney, berbatov partnership should be used in the big games, but cup games & home games against weaker opposition should be given to tevez & campbell when he returns. You might drop the odd point now & again, but having 2 partnerships that understand each other could be amazing to watch.

·
Registered
736 Posts
We badly need Tevez right now and presently.........He look more lively than Berba against Sunderland..............Even Berba got classic skill and touches but Tevez has a great work rate.......

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
we need to sign him permanently, but Im starting to feel it wont happen, simply because I dont feel he would want a bench role, and I doubt fergie would want to shell out thirty mil, but I definitely think a player of his caliber will always have a place in ot.

121 - 140 of 165 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.