Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 165 Posts

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Manutd.com

Tevez happy with his role

Carlos Tevez was fully understanding of Sir Alex’s decision to drop him to the bench against Sunderland after his four-goal haul in the Carling Cup in midweek. But the Argentinian can look forward to a first Premier League start in a month next weekend against Tottenham Hotspur.

Wayne Rooney is suspended for the match after picking up his fifth yellow card this season late on in Saturday’s match.

“I had a long chat with Carlos,” explained the Reds boss. “He understood exactly [my position]. If the performance hadn’t been so good against Manchester City he would have started against Sunderland.

“In the second half we couldn’t get him on quick enough. He worked his socks off as he normally does. He brought energy to the front part of the pitch and it was a good half hour.”

United have fitness concerns over Cristiano Ronaldo. The Reds winger came off in the second half holding his hip and the Reds medical staff will now have to examine the extent of the damage, but he may be missing for a few games.

“He got a kick in the hip joint,” said the boss. “It was like the injury Wayne had last year when he was in a lot of pain and missed a few games. We’ll just have to see how he is on Sunday. We’ve got the game against Aalborg on Wednesday, but we’ll be making some changes because Tottenham on Saturday is a big game for us.”

Rooney and Patrice Evra are both suspended for the trip to White Hart Lane, so that will test the strength of United’s squad. Sir Alex will bring Tevez into the starting line-up alongside Dimitar Berbatov, and he hopes to have John O’Shea available to take over left-back duties from Evra.

·
Registered
848 Posts
unfortunately, i agree. I LOVE TEVEZ and was gutted when he joined west ham two/three years ago. but now it appears such a waste to have him sat on the bench. and the alleged 30m+ fee is far too much for a player who is only starting with the 2nd string in the carling cup.

id prefer SAF to put berba on the bench for a few games to see if roo n tev be so devastating together again. goals have definately dried up

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
The thing is that Tevez isn't good enough to play
in a top European side IMO so he should just get
used to some mid table side and be happy.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
PeeJay said:
The thing is that Tevez isn't good enough to play
in a top European side IMO so he should just get
used to some mid table side and be happy.

Not good enough to play?:confused: :confused:
19 goals last season for the european champions not to mention overall contribution and assists

No way does he deserve mid table teams. he is about as dedicated a player as you'll ever see

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Sownak27 said:
Not good enough to play?:confused: :confused:
19 goals last season for the european champions not to mention overall contribution and assists

No way does he deserve mid table teams. he is about as dedicated a player as you'll ever see
That's all though, he's dedicated.

He's not fast, he's not a fox in the box, he's not tall,
he's not very aware, he gets tired after '70 [he says
so aswell], what does he have? He tries. Thank God,
if he didn't try he'd be nowhere near this level. He's
not naturally talented either.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The tables should turn. Berba is the one that needs to prove he'sworth 30 mil. Compare their performance so far this season. Berbatov had one pretty assist, Carlos scored 4 in one match. That's it. Neither has done anything else worth mentioning. Head to head, Carlos wins.

·
Registered
135 Posts
in my opinion berba definitly seemed a bit lazy in the aalborg match.
i think we can easily make the berba, rooney, and tevez offense work. berba is a good goal scorer if he is given the ball in the box, but tevez and rooney are able to get the ball there. so i can see how they would be able to work together.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Cappy said:
Ummm, what about Berba's goals against Aalborg away. Both of those were nice.
I just watched those goals again, and they were very nice. I would love for him to re-gain that form and he'd better do it fast as Tevez has come on lately. Maybe Rooney should sit out for a while to cool his temper.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
In fairness he has been dealing with some injuries as of late, so its not like he just dropped off all of the sudden. He was playing well before he got knicked up a little.

·
23,699 Posts
football365

TEVEZ SET TO SIGN `SOON`

Carlos Tevez is confident he will soon be penning a long-term contract at Manchester United.

The Argentine star, who has been linked with a move away from Old Trafford after finding a first-team place harder to come by this term, insists he is happy to stay at the club.

A host of European clubs are monitoring Tevez's situation, but he insists he is happy and is ready to pen a new deal.

His current agreement with United is due to come to an end next year.

"We have been talking about it and everything is very advanced, as a consequence I think it will be sorted soon," he told Argentine daily Ole.

"I feel respected by my team-mates and by the technical staff."

Tevez admits that he is unfazed by the fact he is having to fight hard to try and get a place in Sir Alex Ferguson's starting XI following Dimitar Berbatov's arrival in the summer.

"I think it's part of my life," he said.

"Everywhere I have been I had to fight and it ended up with titles.

"I think that God tests me, not each year, but each month. And at the end of the day, winning league titles makes me feel great.

"The only club I didn't win any title with was West Ham, but people told me, regarding the way we escaped, that it was like winning one.

"I can't explain how happy I am when I win a title after a massive fight. I prefer it this way. That's the story of my life: I have overcome obstacles since I was a kid.

"And right now I'm not going to change. I'm at the best club in the world and fighting for your position is normal."

Tevez was speaking from Japan, where United have arrived for the Club World Cup and he insists he and his team-mates are intent on winning the title.

"We are the big favourites for this tournament and must deliver," he said.

"I know what this cup means for an Argentinean and I want to win it again.

"My team-mates also understand what winning this tournament means for Manchester [United]."

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
4 goals lol.

I hope all you Ronaldo fanboys shut up now. Maradona hailed him as the Argentinian football prophet over players like Aguero and Messi and he has consisently proved his worth to those who are willing to notice. Quality player. 30mil is a bit too much but then again we are Manchester United, not Watford.
it seems that some of us have changed their attitude 180 degrees - absolutely shambolic

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
i hope tevez stays, hes a class act, hes a workhorse who'll run all day for ya and he has an eye for goal, againist fulham did he or did he not smack one from out side of the box, tevez is a great player who needs to be playin not warming the bench, in my opinion he should be playing week in week out, also in my opinion berba only plays so much cuz so much money was paid for him...

141 - 160 of 165 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.