Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
836 Posts
In my opinion, people who are called 'gloryhunters' or people who think they are, should be known as 'adopted fans', I think gloryhunter, is a little harsh for some people.
Manchester United is a global brand and the amount of fanbase we have in Asia is overwhelming.

The Sun also claims that United want David Beckham to become their global ambassador when he retires from playing. The Reds reportedly want him to take over the role now held by 70-year-old Sir Bobby Charlton. And the move will be given its blessing by Sir Alex Ferguson, who long ago patched up his differences with the player.

It's funny you know, because according to this, we have 75 million fans worldwide.

·
Banned
836 Posts
I wonder if some majority of United fans who are born and bred in Manchester dislike the fact that their are people supporting their club that don't even live in Manchester, for example, me?
It just makes me wonder at times, or do they like the fact that they have fans all over the country and world?

·
Banned
836 Posts
reddwarf said:
David Gill revealed that of the 333m United followers around the World 139m are 'core supporters', whatever that means.

I'm guessing he's talking about people who put money into the club by buying merchandise.
I feel more of a United supporter and fan than I ever have been, by being a One United member, MUTV subscriber and when I'm in Manchester, I always go into the megastore and buy something, because I'm proud to wear the United badge, whether it be a hat, scarf, United kit or whatever.

Some United fans say that you shouldn't do that because you're just pouring money into Glazer pockets, but if you love your club so much, that doesn't really matter.
Everything you buy at the store is worth the money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.