Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
There is no chance of this happening.

We have a good young striker in Wellbeck. It doesn't matter if he's brazilian or not. Look at Anderson, he's young and brazilian, doesn't make him a superstar.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Hmmm, Pato looks an awful lot like Mr Mackey :whistling:

Pato is a brilliant young prospect and will no doubt turn out to be a great player. However, how easy do you think it would be to sign him from AC Milan?

Milan will not want to lose such a bright young star, especially in a team of ageing stars, and the transfer fee would be astronomical.

I think our money would be better spent elsewhere and there are more realistic targets.

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
more than a striker united needs a central midfielder

as for wellbeck he is very over-rated. him to become an important player for united is very unlikely.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
more than a striker united needs a central midfielder

as for wellbeck he is very over-rated. him to become an important player for united is very unlikely.
he's a class act and would be nowhere near the United 1st team if he wasn't quality... have a bit of faith mate, Fergie rates him highly, and he knows a hell of a lot more than you!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Talented young goalscorer, wouldnt say no to him but I dont see Milan selling him to be honest plus he is only there 18 months. He will want to stay with them and win trophies with Milan.

Only way AC would sell him is a cash + Vidic offer and NO WAY would I want that happening.

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
Talented young goalscorer, wouldnt say no to him but I dont see Milan selling him to be honest plus he is only there 18 months. He will want to stay with them and win trophies with Milan.

Only way AC would sell him is a cash + Vidic offer and NO WAY would I want that happening.
Milan's sqaud is really old. Pato is probably the only player near the first team who is one for the future. Not in a month of Sundays are they going to let him go without some crazy amount of cash. I would much rather we spent it elsewhere if that was the case.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Milan's sqaud is really old. Pato is probably the only player near the first team who is one for the future. Not in a month of Sundays are they going to let him go without some crazy amount of cash. I would much rather we spent it elsewhere if that was the case.
and we dont need to spend crazy amounts of cash on this player because we dont exactly 'need' him

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
No way could we get him, plus I'm not sure he's want to leave he's settled there and has good friends in Kaka and co.

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
he's a class act and would be nowhere near the United 1st team if he wasn't quality... have a bit of faith mate, Fergie rates him highly, and he knows a hell of a lot more than you!
i hope you are right. but i cant have faith in wellbeck's case.
anyway time will tell.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
This is Stupid, there's no chance of Pato leaving Milan and moving to England..

Should we try to sign Pato? No!!!

He has potential to become a Great player, but he's just another young Brazilian who played in the South American Leagues and the media touted him as the next big thing!!!

Every month, you read the papers linking the PL's Big Clubs to "the next Ronaldinho/Ronaldo" etc.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
from what i've read looks a good prsopect but cant see us getting him somehow- think it terms of younger strikers we have good ones at the club and would do better looking for homegrown if we were going for anyone- think we need a more experienced one tbh as my other thread said.

·
Registered
216 Posts
no no no no we dont need a striker pleaseeeeee.we need a CENTRAL midfield player to replace these group of non performers getting large chunks in the name of wages en doing alot of NOTHING .why not Bid for KAKA instead????????

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Pato being here would be fantastic.

However, as everyone else has said there is absolutely no chance of it happening. Milan will not want to lose him, and we'd have to pay a ridiculous transfer fee to get him.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts