I think that the sir alex must
realy think in bringing a new striker to the old traford ;
why i thinking that
because after a stuped 2 gamez the forward only strik once by tavez
now you will say that the team have 3 striker
yup I know that but roney is tired and some times he must rest
tavez is good and again he must rest such az roney

saha is noy good choice to be in the lead ;
so we need a good player such as roney and tavez and i hope it will be like van nestroy

·
Banned
836 Posts
We've just signed Manucho, he's a striker. Even though he's on loan at the minute I'm sure if anything goes wrong in the striking department, then he can come back to us.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I don't recall anything about him being on Loan. He's going to be playing in the African Cup of Nations now....

·
Registered
303 Posts
Think in the summer is a good time to get someone in tho do think we need some one if we could get Anelka now then 'happy days', but dont think we can. Theres better strikers to be found in the summer so will prob wait till then.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I know people have said we shouldn't buy him but Klass Jan Huntelaar, he is a good player and is scoring goals for fun.
Anyway, SAF has come out and said he isn't going to buy anyone in the January transfer window.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
NateR said:
I don't recall anything about him being on Loan. He's going to be playing in the African Cup of Nations now....
He'll be goin' out on loan to Greek side,Panathinaikos AO,after he's back from the ACON. The loan will be for around 6 months. He has to go on loan b'coz he's refused an official work permit from 'Bristish Home Office'. He didn't meet one of the two requirements by 'Bristish Home Office'.The requirements are:

1)A player must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive ‘A' team matches he was available for selection, during the two years preceding the date of the application; and,

2)The player's country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings when averaged over the two years preceding the date of the application.

Apparently,he didn't meet the 2nd requirement,since Angola's Fifa World Ranking's 73. :)

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
yes we do...but i'll tell what we need. Because Tevez and Rooney are perfect in the Man Utd attack, and between them and Saha is a very big distance...we would need to but something between Rooney & Tevez's class and Saha's....another experienced striker would be good..cause we already have Rooney and Tevez who are young enough for another 10 years at least:D....we would need something of...29...30...Anelka would be good, but he's to arogant to stay on the bench

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Wazza1989 said:
yes we do...but i'll tell what we need. Because Tevez and Rooney are perfect in the Man Utd attack, and between them and Saha is a very big distance...we would need to but something between Rooney & Tevez's class and Saha's....another experienced striker would be good..cause we already have Rooney and Tevez who are young enough for another 10 years at least:D....we would need something of...29...30...Anelka would be good, but he's to arogant to stay on the bench
Couldn't agree more on that! Sulky Nic will nvr ever like to be a bench-warmer & if he really come to United tis January,i bet he'll be packing his bags up and ready to leave during summer! Anyway,I thought he's goin' to Chelsea for £10 million???
Back on the topic.......yes. United need a new striker. No questions 'bout dat. We need to inject some new attacking ace to our strikeforce which only consists of 3 forwards currently,which is Wayne Rooney,Carlos Tevez & Louis Saha. As all of us know, Louis Saha's an injury-prone lad, Wazza & Carlitos really needs to rest at times. Also,it would be a bit betta' if there's a striker who can pose a serious challenge to the Roo-Tev partnership. In that case,it will only be a healthy & friendly competition which will lead to Wazza,Carlitos & <insert name of new striker> pushing to their limits & thus,performing at their very best, week in,week out!;)

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
the old old question asked at least once per month - no we do not. Anyway, the question is void - Fergie says no signings.

·
Registered
309 Posts
don't think we need a new striker but after Saha keeps performing like he did against villa on saturday I will change my mind pretty quickly. i have defended King Louis to the hilt over the last 3 years as when he's fit he has everything you could want in a striker - pace,strength, great in the air, attitude and work rate. however he was abysmal in terms of first touch, losing possession too easily, and his passing was way off to put it badly. Maybe he needs a run of games but he seems to lack confidence at gthe mo.

As it stands he has done well as an impact player this season as a sub buti still would look at getting at least another striker to the squad in the summer.this may not necessarily involve venturing into the transfer market as BerBtov/anelka may not appreciate being on the bench for many games. I'd like to see how Manucho and/or Campbell shape up over gthe coming months

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
saha has clearly lost his form and need to be sold immediately if he continues to play like he is doing now!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
i think we do even though we have manucho for next season..campbell will back at loan till january the least and manucho may not even handle the PL

we need another PL striker like defoe

1 - 20 of 39 Posts