Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another cold day in Manchester seems all to fimiliar to be honest I cant remember us having a hot period for along time .

This is my theory behind why our players are always thinking of Real Madrid .

I believe if we were a spanish club we wouldnt have this problem I think they simply dont like the weather .

And can you blame them other than a few players most were born and raised in sunny climates .

This Manchester weather is bad enough for us imagine if you were born in Brazil or Portugal this must be murder for them .

Just want to get everyone elses view on the subject ?

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
I dont think the weather is the problem in football,its the money.I know Adu-City have plenty of cash but the great heights of the council house and sitting 15th in the Premier Leauge will only attract the true idiots *cough ROBBING-ihno*.I think when you can be over here on 50k a week or in Spain for 100k+ a week TAX FREE,theres no real issue for the gold diggers of football.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rooneys_Temper said:
I dont think the weather is the problem in football,its the money.I know Adu-City have plenty of cash but the great heights of the council house and sitting 15th in the Premier Leauge will only attract the true idiots *cough ROBBING-ihno*.I think when you can be over here on 50k a week or in Spain for 100k+ a week TAX FREE,theres no real issue for the gold diggers of football.
The Premier league pays easy the most on wages in Europe .

Real madrid and Barcelona pay high wages but the rest I believe are pretty mediocar wages.

You would say either Valencia or Aletico Madrid are the next highest .

In the Premiership you have Chelsea , United , Liverpool , Newcastle, Man City and possible Arsenal if they need to pay a high wage .

I would put money on it West ham would be the third highest paying club in la liga .

Anyway the weather plays a huge part didnt you read the Vidic interview the other month he said he loves playing for United but once his career is over its off on a plane out of Manchester why because its Freezing .

Even the imigrants are heading home they land on our shores spend a few weeks then look depressed and want to go home to the hot weather .

·
Registered
376 Posts
red dave said:
Another cold day in Manchester seems all to fimiliar to be honest I cant remember us having a hot period for along time .

This is my theory behind why our players are always thinking of Real Madrid .

I believe if we were a spanish club we wouldnt have this problem I think they simply dont like the weather .

And can you blame them other than a few players most were born and raised in sunny climates .

This Manchester weather is bad enough for us imagine if you were born in Brazil or Portugal this must be murder for them .

Just want to get everyone elses view on the subject ?
Very good point. I've always thought this. The attraction of London is also a big pull - but let's face it if any of us had the choice where would we choose to live? Ever wondered why many of the brazilian players gravitate towards Italy and Spain?

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
You do have a point red dave.

I did read that most of the Northern Europeans dream of playing for Utd, while the Southern Europeans dream of playing for Real Madrid, which certainly goes along with you're theory.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts