Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another cold day in Manchester seems all to fimiliar to be honest I cant remember us having a hot period for along time .

This is my theory behind why our players are always thinking of Real Madrid .

I believe if we were a spanish club we wouldnt have this problem I think they simply dont like the weather .

And can you blame them other than a few players most were born and raised in sunny climates .

This Manchester weather is bad enough for us imagine if you were born in Brazil or Portugal this must be murder for them .

Just want to get everyone elses view on the subject ?

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Justice said:
yeh gd point i fink we shud bild a stadyum in mardid or somethin then ronolda wud stay

Now that would be selling your soul to the devil .

I think we should send a group of scouts to the antartic pick up some eskimo talent .

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
I dont think the weather is the problem in football,its the money.I know Adu-City have plenty of cash but the great heights of the council house and sitting 15th in the Premier Leauge will only attract the true idiots *cough ROBBING-ihno*.I think when you can be over here on 50k a week or in Spain for 100k+ a week TAX FREE,theres no real issue for the gold diggers of football.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rooneys_Temper said:
I dont think the weather is the problem in football,its the money.I know Adu-City have plenty of cash but the great heights of the council house and sitting 15th in the Premier Leauge will only attract the true idiots *cough ROBBING-ihno*.I think when you can be over here on 50k a week or in Spain for 100k+ a week TAX FREE,theres no real issue for the gold diggers of football.
The Premier league pays easy the most on wages in Europe .

Real madrid and Barcelona pay high wages but the rest I believe are pretty mediocar wages.

You would say either Valencia or Aletico Madrid are the next highest .

In the Premiership you have Chelsea , United , Liverpool , Newcastle, Man City and possible Arsenal if they need to pay a high wage .

I would put money on it West ham would be the third highest paying club in la liga .

Anyway the weather plays a huge part didnt you read the Vidic interview the other month he said he loves playing for United but once his career is over its off on a plane out of Manchester why because its Freezing .

Even the imigrants are heading home they land on our shores spend a few weeks then look depressed and want to go home to the hot weather .

·
Registered
376 Posts
red dave said:
Another cold day in Manchester seems all to fimiliar to be honest I cant remember us having a hot period for along time .

This is my theory behind why our players are always thinking of Real Madrid .

I believe if we were a spanish club we wouldnt have this problem I think they simply dont like the weather .

And can you blame them other than a few players most were born and raised in sunny climates .

This Manchester weather is bad enough for us imagine if you were born in Brazil or Portugal this must be murder for them .

Just want to get everyone elses view on the subject ?
Very good point. I've always thought this. The attraction of London is also a big pull - but let's face it if any of us had the choice where would we choose to live? Ever wondered why many of the brazilian players gravitate towards Italy and Spain?

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
You do have a point red dave.

I did read that most of the Northern Europeans dream of playing for Utd, while the Southern Europeans dream of playing for Real Madrid, which certainly goes along with you're theory.

·
Registered
32 Posts
the weather was the reason why ronaldinho didnt sign for us, but it's good though, we end up having ronaldo, and won ucl, but now he wants to leave as well, need new challange he said :(

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Give it time. With climate change & global warning Manchester will become a paradise in, oh say, 10 years?

Can you believe Al Gore want's to stop carbon emissions? Lunatic. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts