Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We focus so much on the day to day problems of United - what of the other members of the big four? If you were a supporter of chelski or (god forbid) liverpool, you would have to be even more frustrated than we have been so far this season.

Both have had the opportunity to put a real stamp on their championship credentials - and both have failed miserably. While 'pool are fairly easy to analyse (it's either gerrard or nothing), chelski are the real enigma. Anelka has been a real positive for them, but now that Drogba is back, questions are being asked about their first choice striking options. They should be hungrier, having lost the last two, yet they seem to struggle to score goals when they really need them (sound familiar?).

And what of Arsenal? They have had a few fantastic performances - but more equally poor ones. Will they even be a member of the big four at the end of the season?

Events have conspired to keep us in the race, scheduling may actually help us win it.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Lol, good question moondog.

I see Liverpool fans on other forums using the biggest word in football constantly at the moment...IF.

IF they'd beaten Stoke at Anfield, IF they'd beaten Hull at Anfield, IF they'd beaten West Ham at Anfield, IF they'd beaten Fulham at Anfield...they'd be NINE points clear at the top of the Prem.

I'd be gutted if we drew all 4 of those games at Old Trafford (we've already hammered Stoke) so I can see why they are indulging in wishful thinking but the fact is that Liverpool failed to beat those sides so it is still very tight at the top.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
One thing Ive got to say on this subject is all four teams are way off any kind of good form at the moment.

And having said that its so gutting that we arnt on top form as we would be walking it by now .

Chelsea have been a shadow of there former self !!

liverpool have been the same old same old!!

Arsenal are just so weak as soon as someone plays tough football they run scared .

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
reddwarf said:
Lol, good question moondog.

I see Liverpool fans on other forums using the biggest word in football constantly at the moment...IF.

IF they'd beaten Stoke at Anfield, IF they'd beaten Hull at Anfield, IF they'd beaten West Ham at Anfield, IF they'd beaten Fulham at Anfield...they'd be NINE points clear at the top of the Prem.

I'd be gutted if we drew all 4 of those games at Old Trafford (we've already hammered Stoke) so I can see why they are indulging in wishful thinking but the fact is that Liverpool failed to beat those sides so it is still very tight at the top.
I think Liverpool should also worry about IF Dirk Kuyt and the others didn't get the late winners against City and then, we'd say where they're at in the table.

Chelsea for sure take care of teams like Sunderland, but against the top opposition they bottle it, and their home form is probably going to cost them the title. Just like last year, they are getting poor results at home, and I know they went undefeated at home last year, but they had a large amount of draws that I believe were a direct result of the burden carried by them by that streak. Again, they are taking on too many poor results at home, they are perfect on the road however, yet they've already lost twice at home, and have drawn teams like West Ham.

Arsenal are too patchy for me to even think about a 3rd place finish, no leadership there and no depth either. Arsene refuses to spend, and they still need a quality center half, and a defensive midfielder.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Think about it like this guys, Liverpool we know the answer to the 60 million dollar question so i wont go there. Chelsea wont win it because they are a team that will find it difficult to adapt everytime a new manager comes in or new players and the players are getting on a bit.

I have thought that what if man utd had of taken advantage. MAN we would be sitting here drinking shampaign already winning the PL. I vae been saying this season it will be the lower clubs that help us regain the premiership. I just think the foriegn influx at arsenal and liverpool will damage the passion when they play lower clubs. When you play lower clubs these lower clubs have british born players that nows what it means and it means more to them than quite a lot of foriegn players who play for top clubs. Ok when arsenal or liverpool play Man Utd the passion is equal. But when Liverpool or arsenal play lower clubs i dont see that passion in the players. As for man utd and chelsea they have real english leaders that must be setting an example of what it means. But chelsea will be the same as liverpool and arsenal this season.

Lower teams will help us achieve the PL again.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
reddwarf said:
IFFFFF NGog, Dossena, Kuyt, Arbeloa, Pennant, Degen, Lucas ... Weren't all SH!T players they'd have NINE good Players instead of 2!!!

They're an absolute joke of a team! I'm pretty confident we're on for 3 in a row now that they've allowed us stay in touch when we're pretty quiet, after xmas we'll be home free!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
piazza said:
I think Liverpool should also worry about IF Dirk Kuyt and the others didn't get the late winners against City and then, we'd say where they're at in the table.
Ya that is a valid point Liverpool gained a couple of v lucky points early in the season that they never should have got, remember the Boro game... they really are a terrible team and wouls have no right to be champions!

Its all about United... Chelsea are much more beatable now than ever... hopefully we'll take care of Stoke (which will be a tough game!!) without too much bother and by the next game we'll hopefully have Japan out of our systems!

We'll win in the same style as last year, absolutely ruthless after xmas!

·
23,699 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
eoininho said:
Ya that is a valid point Liverpool gained a couple of v lucky points early in the season that they never should have got, remember the Boro game... they really are a terrible team and wouls have no right to be champions!

Its all about United... Chelsea are much more beatable now than ever... hopefully we'll take care of Stoke (which will be a tough game!!) without too much bother and by the next game we'll hopefully have Japan out of our systems!

We'll win in the same style as last year, absolutely ruthless after xmas!
Yeah very lucky, there luck seems to be running out now, i think chelsea will struggle also during the second half and so will arsenal. Like arsen said the smaller clubs are getting better, and united squad players overall have the best mentality at the moment to know what the PL is about.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
the big 4 have been very poor and luckily for utd we are still in the race and look to have the easiest remaining games ?
i think hull have been superb this season while aston villa have also caught my eye , but in all honesty the big 4 are leagues ahead of the rest in terms of consistency over the whole season . if utd can regain anywhere near their normal performance then its there for the taking but if we continue in our current form we will have blown the title ,we need to punish chelsea while they show weakness.

·
Registered
601 Posts
sweet fa said:
the big 4 have been very poor and luckily for utd we are still in the race and look to have the easiest remaining games ?
i think hull have been superb this season while aston villa have also caught my eye , but in all honesty the big 4 are leagues ahead of the rest in terms of consistency over the whole season . if utd can regain anywhere near their normal performance then its there for the taking but if we continue in our current form we will have blown the title ,we need to punish chelsea while they show weakness.
Our team is performing well, we just lacking that killer instinct at the moment in attack. Rooney's not firing and he is the only striker who is the best at scoring goals. We should have bought a prolific scorer just in case rooney is miss firing. I would like to see ronaldo upfront as he is the only player at the moment who is showing that goal touch. He is always there when the ball is the that last third but we need that final pass to come off

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
seen from Italy it's crazy:
we say a shrimps' race

Recently I've lost lots of bettings because the poor performances of the big 4

1 - 13 of 13 Posts