Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on another forum and a couple of man utd fans had a go at me just for saying that the title is ours to lose, other man utd fans say stuff like that and don't get stick for it. These are the same man utd fans who said that ryan giggs and paul scholes were finished as players which is complete rubbish!.

Anyone else get this sort of thing off other man utd fans? its really annoying when you can't have a opinion without a couple slagging you off for it :mad:

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
manutdforever said:
I was on another forum and a couple of man utd fans had a go at me just for saying that the title is ours to lose, other man utd fans say stuff like that and don't get stick for it. These are the same man utd fans who said that ryan giggs and paul scholes were finished as players which is complete rubbish!.

Anyone else get this sort of thing off other man utd fans? its really annoying when you can't have a opinion without a couple slagging you off for it :mad:
Ignore them ... :rolleyes:

Anyone is entitled to an opinion without getting abuse for it ...

This is one of the reasons we don't allow swearing - People find it hard to be
abusive using real words as opposed to swear words ... :D

I think this belongs in 'Football Banter' too ... ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
carlyluvsunited said:

thanks

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
manutdforever said:

Nope, there's no such things as swearing over here in ManutdTalk. The mods & admins are very vigilante & are quick to remove any vulgarities posted by our members. I seriously think there's a problem with ur those 'so-called' couple of United fans who slag you off. I suggest them go get a life! Everybody in this world are entitled to their own personal point of view. Ask them if they know what's the meaning of the term, 'freedom of speech'. Oh yeah, last but not least...are you new here? Never really seen you around here before. :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
red_devils4life said:
Nope, there's no such things as swearing over here in ManutdTalk. The mods & admins are very vigilante & are quick to remove any vulgarities posted by our members. I seriously think there's a problem with ur those 'so-called' couple of United fans who slag you off. I suggest them go get a life! Everybody in this world are entitled to their own personal point of view. Ask them if they know what's the meaning of the term, 'freedom of speech'. Oh yeah, last but not least...are you new here? Never really seen you around here before. :D
Yeah am new here been here since the start of the week.

It just gets me annoyed to be honest but sod them its their problem.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
manutdforever said:
Yeah am new here been here since the start of the week.

It just gets me annoyed to be honest but sod them its their problem.
Of course ...

Why get unnecessarily aggravated by the lack of
knowledge or understanding shown by a few plebs :p

On this forum people may not agree with you
but they are clever enough, and interesting
enough to actually explain what they don't
agree with and why :)

Usually without demonstrating Neanderthal instincts
unlike a few United Forums I could mention ... :D

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:

people tell me i can be highly abusive without once uttering an expletive . ;) that will teach you to save your time and effort for the one true united forum .

confusius once said forum which has pretty ladies and grumpy old men as moderators is worthy of your input ! by the way its snowing rather heavily here whats happened to global warming

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
haggler said:
people tell me i can be highly abusive without once uttering an expletive . ;) that will teach you to save your time and effort for the one true united forum .

confusius once said forum which has pretty ladies and grumpy old men as moderators is worthy of your input ! by the way its snowing rather heavily here whats happened to global warming
I would believe the Hagglist could be highly abusive anywhere and anytime ... ;)

As for the global warming - must be a night off so we all freeze here in UK ... :mad:

S

·
0 Posts
Everyone has opinions/views on every subject.
On a decent forum members will listen to your opinions/views,
maybe not all will agree, but they'll discuss sensibly without resorting to abuse.

There's some on here who think that Giggs and Scholes are coming to the end.
There's some who think totally the opposit.

Not trying to say this forum is the best ( it is by the way ) but it's the only one
i've found, in ten years of being on forums, that every member accepts and
understands that we dont all think alike.

Now then more impotantly....Global warming ? Snow here in sunny Salford..

Global temperatures will drop slightly this year as a result of the cooling effect of the La Nina current in the Pacific, UN meteorologists have said.

The World Meteorological Organization's secretary-general, Michel Jarraud, told the BBC it was likely that La Nina would continue into the summer.

This would mean global temperatures have not risen since 1998, prompting some to question climate change theory.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7329799.stm

DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!

·
23,699 Posts
You have nothing absolutely to worry about in this forum. Go ahead and express your opinions here.

The staff have been most vigilant and consistent to apply the Forum Rules across the board. Plus there are enough conscientious members to help out or remind before things turn nasty. It is almost like a culture here now. :)

You only need to be well prepared for your case you present or have the 'stamina' to go the distance if your view is not mainstream. ;) :cool:

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
The title is obviously ours - to lose; only we can lose it nobody else can take it from us.

Scholes & Giggs are past it - right - but they are still good enough to play - the only difference is that they are not like they used to be. Scholes plays a more intelligent game now, he walks, looks, receives, passes, walks, looks etc. Giggs has not been doing it for a number of years now - he get the ball to the box, and loses it. Watch him when he does - he stops then walks away!

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
manutdforever said:

What you will find is loads of fans love to be seen as the one who knows the most so you cant have a opinion cause they think it aint a valid one . As for what you said its a fair point of view we have it in our own hands now starting today at middlesborough .

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Its upto Fergie and the lads to say it aint over and it will go down to the wire.

Us as fans are realistically looking at it as virtually in the bag where a fall apart of Arsenal proportions can only stop us.

Some people may be having a go as you are tempting fate but look at bookies figures if unsure.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
manutdforever said:

It IS our's to lose. Some people can't deal with facts.

By the way, while Giggs and Scholes are not past it, Giggs IS having a bad season.

Also, while there is no swearing on this bord, please keep in mind that there are good and bad people everywhere.

I have discovered some irritating some on this site and would actually prefer swearing to stupidity, but I keep reminding myself that stupid people, who swear are the worst of the lot, so this forum is pretty damn good!

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
antdevil78 said:
Us as fans are realistically looking at it as virtually in the bag where a fall apart of Arsenal proportions can only stop us.
Firstly, Chelsea can stop us and they are winning, unlike Arsenal.

And I haven't yet spoke to a 'fan' who thinks it's in the bag. You're silly if you think it is. The gap is 2 points ahead of a tricky match away to Boro, which we can easily mess up on.

We still have to visit Stamford Bridge to play Chelsea, and host an Arsenal team who do have the quality to beat us. That's also not counting tricky awayday at Blackburn, and a home game against bogey team West Ham.

Title in the bag? No flippin' chance.

Still a long way to go.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Stephen said:
Firstly, Chelsea can stop us and they are winning, unlike Arsenal.

And I haven't yet spoke to a 'fan' who thinks it's in the bag. You're silly if you think it is. The gap is 2 points ahead of a tricky match away to Boro, which we can easily mess up on.
We still have to visit Stamford Bridge to play Chelsea, and host an Arsenal team who do have the quality to beat us. That's also not counting tricky awayday at Blackburn, and a home game against bogey team West Ham.

Title in the bag? No flippin' chance.

Still a long way to go.
Spot on Stephen, especially the bit I highlighted.....
It IS ours to lose although we are still favourites (just about)

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
Look, there's United fans, United fans and United fans

1. United Fans.

These are the people who who wear the jersey with the biggest stars name and
never watch the games. Pathetic, in other words.

2. United Fans.

These are the fans who go around boasting about United's latest win and
continue to hold onto that when the loose and can't accept a defeat. Also, you
talk to them about games and the conversation always ends with Ronaldo. Then
you say that you're off to watch the game and the reply is, "Who are they
playing?", or "I'll just wait till MOTD"

3. United Fans

The ones to join forums, like here, watch as much United as they can. Are ecstatic
when they win and bloody depressed when they loose. They give views on
everything and not just the latest game and their biggest star!

Sad world, but thankfully, we've got one of the best fan bases around the world! ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts