Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone think Manucho will be given a run in the first team, considering his low price tag and low profile.

Personally i think he will only get a look in, in the carling cup unless there are some major injuries to the big name and big money players and even then a top player would be played out of posistion rather than bring Manucho in.

:confused:

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
I think Sir Alex will give him a chance in the first team at some stage. I've watched
him in the reserves and he can strike a shot with some venom TBH. he's also very
big and can hold the ball up very well.

In a way he's a bit like Berbatov but for a few things;

Berbatov has a brilliant touch, Manucho could work on his in all fairness

Manucho nevers gives up, he chases and hurries defences into decisions, unlike Berba

Berbatov has proven himeslf in the Prem, and Manucho hasn't

He'll get his chance no doubt....whether he'll make it or not is a different matter.
His size is a huge asset though.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Its important to have a strong squad and if major injuries happen he will be at the ready.
I dont expect him to get too many games but its up to him to make the desired
impact when he does play in the cups etc....

He offers us something different to the other strikers and if we have injuries
and he is on the bench and we are winning a game easily, expect him to get a run out.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
christianoharleiro said:
a) hes been injured and b) he has 3 world class strikers infront of him right now.
in all honesty, we sold a better prospect in rossi few years back

would rather see wellbeck make it into first team. who was the last striker to make from united youth team through to first team

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
It looks quite unlikely that he;s going to get a Premiership start, considering that even Tevez is on the bench week in week out. I guess his best chanvce is teh Carling Cup and maybe the Club Championship

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Well I doubt we bought him for the shirt sales in Angola so I expect we bought him to play him - unlike Dong. He'll probabyl play in the CC and maybe FA Cup if we draw a Div1 team. Might get the odd game in the prem if we get injuries or maybe even the last group game of the UCL. I'll be interested to see him play.

·
Registered
566 Posts
RichardsReds said:
Well I doubt we bought him for the shirt sales in Angola
probably not. most of africa is poverty-stricken and most of their main concern is keeping themselves alive and surviving instead of football.
dont think he will feature much but im sure he'll be given a chance.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Well i hope he gets a place on the bench now and again , might be worth throwing him on for the last half hour if we are struggling.
I doubt if he will make many starts with the players in front of him , but he does bring something different to the squad ,and you just never know if he starts scoring fergie will play him

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
he will be given a chance at some stage and it will be in the carling cup to start with , and if he can impress the managment he will be played more often and it is possible that manucho will be a first team player if he performs.
with these unknown african strikers anything is possible their either terrible or you sometimes find real diamonds that are very hard to stop and if manucho is a diamond he will sit right on top of the crown because the one thing utd lack is a physical presence up front who knocks the living daylights out of defence's.

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
antdevil78 said:

would rather see wellbeck make it into first team. who was the last striker to make from united youth team through to first team

I agree that we made a mistake with the sale of rossi, but i think manucho apart from the carling and maybe sometimes FA cup he won't get much chance of playing first team, maybe at home with some weaker opponents or he'll wait his chance from the bench. but with tevez there i doubt that he'll get it. But i would like to see him make his debut in the prem league.

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
And he can't even get on the bench?

He's never going to make it.
Wow, some people on this forum amaze me. H-E H-A-S B-E-E-N I-N-J-U-R-E-D. Therefore, at the start he couldn't even be on the bench for the reserves, understand?

No one here can say whether he's going to make it or not, especially the latter, because Fergie didn't buy a 25 year old from Angola to sell shirts and play for the reserves. He bought him because he thinks he has a chance of doing well for Man Utd, fact.

yeah, true. and Scholes was the last one I think.

Well I doubt we bought him for the shirt sales in Angola so I expect we bought him to play him - unlike Dong.
Exactly.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Tbh, I don't think hes going to get a chance in the Prem, but I hope I'm wrong.

He'll play in the Carling Cup probably, and the FA Cup if we draw a lower league team.

But I would be surprised if he was given a chance in the Prem by the look of things right now. He may well have the ability to make it, but I actually expect him to never be given the chance and then be sold/released in around two years time. But hopefully I'm just being a bit pessimistic.

The fact that Tevez isn't getting in the team right now doesn't bode well for Manucho.

But I think he'd offer us something different, and could well be useful for a game such as yesterdays.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts