Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at his performances in the games hes played in this season. he seems quite poor. does anyone think hes any good?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think that he's the kind of player that manager's like more than fans. He is a passionate player who plays the exact role that he is asked to play. I think that he's good as a substitute.

·
Registered
224 Posts
He hasn't played all that many games... BTW, He's included in the team of the week and was the second best player this week according to the Actim Index which rates players' performance on a variety of factors... Also - he scored the second goal against Charlton in our 2-0 victory. I rate him as a better prospect than Kieran Richardson.

·
Registered
298 Posts
IMO he IS a better prospect then Keiran. Fletcher's doin a lot of work on midfield that a lot of people do not see. He keeps it simple most of the times and that's what i like, conquer the ball and do not lose it by keeping it simple. I think he's learning from Scholes.

·
Banned
836 Posts
The way we've got to look at it is that we have a very good squad rotation system and certain players need to be rested for the title run in, I actually happen to think Darren Fletcher's a really good player.

The rotation of the players is vital if we need our best players to face teams like Chelsea and Liverpool....I read on another forum that the only reason Fletcher is there is because he's Scottish and so is Sir Alex, but that is bullcrap, if you're going to play for a club of Manchester United's calibre then you must be good enough and why would Fletcher be in the side if he's not good enough?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hes in the side because at the moment we have no1 better personnaly i still dont rate him. hopefully we will get hargreaves in the summer.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
personnaly i dont think fletcher is a good enough player for united and i would like to see hargreaves there challenging for a position and hargreaves could be a potential replacement for scholes when he retires.

·
Registered
298 Posts
now that's a descent statement. u might be right about that. I think Fletcher has got the skills and still has a lot to learn. If we can't sign OH, give Fletcher a chance i would say.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i would agree to that on the basis we couldnt get another midfielder. if we can get another midfielder then we should sell fletcher. but if not give him a chance. even though i still think he isnt good enough.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts