Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last 3 or 4 games I have wondered whats the point of fergie a placing him and possebon on the bench each week and not even give them a 10 minute run out .

Yes Giggs has experience but wouldnt you think the younger lads would benifit more from getting on the pitch and working there socks off ?

Even in Japan when we had games won and over wellbeck wasnt allowed minutes . I have nothing but the up most respect for Ryan Giggs but he is in his twlight of his career and wellbeck and a few of the other younger players should get more minutes.

Remember Rossi Fergie dropped a awful clanger by not giving the lad 10 to 15 minutes here and there and he walked in the end .

I just see the same old subs week in week out and I think the team needs the kick up the arse a few young lads with passion could give .

·
Registered
542 Posts
i dont think he gives them enough minutes like wenger would. wenger trust's his young players because he belives that they have the qualties to win a game.

i dont think fergie trust's our young players to overcome teams in the premirship or cup games.

we cant relie on scholes, nevile, giggs all the time and other experienced players.
there has to be a turning point somewhere.

look at the milan team there stubborn enough to keep moving with their old players and its showing.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
forzaunited said:
i dont think he gives them enough minutes like wenger would. wenger trust's his young players because he belives that they have the qualties to win a game.

i dont think fergie trust's our young players to overcome teams in the premirship or cup games.

we cant relie on scholes, nevile, giggs all the time and other experienced players.
there has to be a turning point somewhere.

look at the milan team there stubborn enough to keep moving with their old players and its showing.

Thats the best post Ive ever read by you mate .

Ac milan are the best team you could use as a point !!

Give them a few run outs!!!

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
marty davidson said:
I think he does give them enough time he has a lot of trust in Rafeal and Evans. Not afraid to play either of them

Yes I agree but Evans is no child he has played for Sunderland for a few season . As for Rafael he was forced to play him and it worked out.

Ok I agree with your point but what about forward players and midfield players not getting much action .

·
Registered
542 Posts
marty davidson said:
I think he does give them enough time he has a lot of trust in Rafeal and Evans. Not afraid to play either of them
there is more youth in united than 2.

wenger isnt afraid to play a full squad of youth and their all quality players. :(

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
he perhaps dosnt but and maybe he should more but i think theres a valid reason why he dont at the moment

i really think its due to the fact we havnt yet being winning matches at a canter like we did last season

i mean if were 2 or 3 up he would have chance to blood these youngersters in but if were only winning on a risky 1-0 or searching for a goal you know your old guns are more likely to keep there heads and help the team surge forward or defend

but yeah perhaps he needs to risk them more but hes a wise man and im sure there time will come

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
forzaunited said:
you know that new settlement thing in brazil you think that will bring some youth in?
Are best young talent is English and he should be played more Im talking about wellbeck if you didnt already know .

He should get more minutes plain and simple we need 4 strikers up and running Teves goes home because of family commitments and we have 2 strikers and less threat.

Give him games and we have 4 strikers up and running .

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Well, the amount of time the youngsters get is a bit disappointing.

I'd really like Welbeck and/or Manucho to get more of a chance. After all, none of our strikers are playing fantastically well and we aren't scoring an awful lot, so Welbeck or Manucho might well grab the opportunity if they were given one.

I think, this season, they aren't getting a lot of football because we have been pretty average though. If we were playing really well, perhaps they would get more time.

I can't see the younger players getting more opportunities in the second half of the season though, as we're coming into the big pressure and vitally important games.

·
Registered
542 Posts
red dave said:
Are best young talent is English and he should be played more Im talking about wellbeck if you didnt already know .

He should get more minutes plain and simple we need 4 strikers up and running Teves goes home because of family commitments and we have 2 strikers and less threat.

wow faz i cant belive im agreeing with you.

i think welbeck should have way more minutes. aswell barca play bojan who was 17 last year in alot of high profile games and made a good impact. i think we should do the same with welbeck

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We arnt going to lose him if Fergie doesnt play him this season but why not give the 3 top boys up front a kick up the arse .

Berbatov the most because he is lazy !

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
red dave said:

Agree with that point Dave. But what I don't agree with is your idea of giving Welbeck 10 mins in one of our last 5 or 6 games. Quite frankly we weren't in a good enough position to do that. You saw against Stoke @OT, Fergie had no prob in giving Danny and Gibbo a 20 min cameo when we were in cruise control and I think that is why Posse was on the bench tonight. Fergie was expecting us to maybe have a 2 or 3 goal leaad by 70 and then bring on the likes of Welbeck and Rodrigo.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
I dont think tonight was time for the young guns that didnt show.Boro were always a threat without creating too much.It needed to infulence of Neville and Scholes to help kick the team into touch.Rafeal had a decent game but theres still times when he looks shaky so Neville was brought on to tidy up.TBH i wouldnt have been overwhelmed to see Wellbeck/Possebon come on even after we got the goal because i think they need to be started more often to get flowing with the team.Im not doubting there quality,i just think there are better suited times to bring players on lacking experience.The last few games have been hard work and to throw them on would be harsh.BTW on the subject of youngsters.....Johnny Evans is an absolute cracker!!

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
meh about gibson and welbeck, you can't expect fergie to stick them on when we're only 1-0 up and 10 points behind 1st. they haven't been given the opportunity to come on as subs recently because were failing to score enough goals. when we do score goals (i.e stoke at home) both of them came on at 3-0.

i've missed a bit recently with christmas and all, but whats happening with Nani and Anderson? they weren't even on the bench for the stoke game or todays game..

edit; andersons_left_foot and rooneys temper beat me to it

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
red dave said:
Yes I agree but Evans is no child he has played for Sunderland for a few season . As for Rafael he was forced to play him and it worked out.

Ok I agree with your point but what about forward players and midfield players not getting much action .

thing is though dave recently all our matches have been tight affairs so you cant really give the young players a chance he gave them a chance agasint stoke when we were home and dry and hes also useing them in the carling cup but i dont belive when were strugling to break teams down he should throw on welbeck!

as you siadjapan woulda been the perfect place to do it espicily agasint gamba osaka when we were in cruise mode!

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
the point has been pretty much made, but tonight was probably just a night for calm heads after we finally got the goal. the fact that the three members of the old guard were the three coming on is no surprise to me.
we saw that he was more than happy to give them all 25 mins when the game is won against stoke, but to be frank, i can't remember another occasion where we have been in such a comfortable position, barring west brom at home. if we were 3 up by the hour mark, the subs would certainly have been different. but middlesborough were tough tonight, and you could see the difference that scholes made, so the substitutions were justified.

the next two games, southampton and derby, will both be games where you can expect to see young guns aplenty. that might have figured in fergie's mind when thinking of who to bring on.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
I'd like to see more of Possebon and Fabio,
Evans only has to sit back for a few years and
wait for Rio or Vidic to get injured. We all know
that Evans will be taking Rio's place when it's time.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts