Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,815 Posts
What makes you think this will be Beckham's last game for England?

Capello doesn't seem to be the sentimental type to me and I think that if Beckham plays well against France and maintains his fitness he could be involved in our World Cup qualifiers.

Beckham has plenty of knockers for the media circus, his showbiz lifestyle and his failure to lead England to glory when he was captain...but I'm not one of them.

Perhaps this is my Man United bias coming through but I don't think some people realise just how good Beckham is. I wouldn't describe him as an England 'legend' and he's certainly well past his peak now but I still think he's one of the best players this country has ever produced.

People always comment that he's got no left foot, can't dribble, always goes for 'Hollywood' balls, can't tackle etc. They seem to think all he's good for is his delivery from dead balls but I think that is total rubbish. I've seen Beckham create goals with his left foot, I've seen him dribble past defenders, I've seen him track back and tackle, I've seen him score from open play and I've seen him play short, simple passes.

Sometimes I think people just believe whatever the media tells them to believe.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.