Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a Hip-Hop lad. My life is Hip-Hop. i find myself reciting lines from numerous tracks without me realising. My room is covered in posters of rapper, young and old. i dress Hip-Hop, i have the shoes the jeans, i tilt my hat and wear massive diamonds in my ears, i have 2 or 3 chains hanging from my neck and my car has rims, blacked out windows and a deep sound system.

I even have sparkling shoes ! with a clock in the them ! ^^

after all that i wonder what would i be if rap had never kicked off back in the late 80's early 90's. its wierd how music shapes lifestlyes. not just Hip-Hop but other music too, "prettyboys", emo's and hardcore rock fans all dress to there taste in music.

it might not affect older people, but too young people until you step back and look at ur life u really under appreciate music.​

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
It's interesting that certain moments of our lives can be encaptured by a particular song - the track we were listening to when we had our first kiss, at weddings, funerals etc.

Whether the music we listen to influences our lives or simply reflects our personalities is open to debate.

Personally, I went through phases as I grew up. I started off listening to pop music, then indie music, then dance music and now I listen to any type of music I like the sound of.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I have never followed music to the extent i have to dress in a certain way or do things a certain way. I enjoy dance music and hip hop but that doesn't make me want to copy people and be the same.

·
Banned
503 Posts
I did not mind old skool from the late 70's to the early 90's, Liked all the breakdancing/poppping, My 1st album was grandmaster flash & furious five

Bass!

Ooh White, White
Ooh White, White
Ooh White, White

(Ooh White Lines) Vision dreams of passion
(Blowin' through my mind) and all the while I think of you
(High price) a very strange reaction
(For us to unwind) the more I see, the more I do
(Something like a phenomenon) Baby!
(Tellin your body to come along, but white lines blow away)
(Blow! Rock it! Blow!)

Sorry got carried away loved that song i was just remanissing, However i did not let it influence me as such i did not act/dress up etc but these day's i blame gangsta rap for it's influence on alot of the gang culture(hoodies)

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
Forever_United said:
true, you become less and less attached to music as you become older.
Until you get to the stage when you start reflecting on the 'good old days' and can't understand the attraction of modern music any more :D

Not that I'm old enough to be at that stage yet :p

Dynamite said:
Sorry got carried away loved that song i was just remanissing,
Although Dynamite apparently is. Lol. :D

·
Banned
503 Posts
reddwarf said:
Until you get to the stage when you start reflecting on the 'good old days' and can't understand the attraction of modern music any more :D

Not that I'm old enough to be at that stage yet :p

Although Dynamite apparently is. Lol. :D
:rolleyes: You will soon catch up!!

Z

·
0 Posts
Forever_United said:
do i look mexican either ? and mexicans are classed as WHITE hispanic.

FU - 1 King zuco - 0
I wasn't calling you white, I was referring to your clothes :rolleyes:

zuco 1 -0 FU

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Are you kidding me?

Of course music influences us! Every single one of us and has even been proven to influence plants!

I grew up listening to the Beatles because of my dad and 50s 60s hits because of my mom and my life and memories are influenced by music.

A certain song will trigger memories, remind me of concerts or parties.

Especially my teenage years. Whenever I hear Bob Marley or The Pixies, I'm reminded of house parties we went to and our first experiments with chemicals and alcohol.

Girls of course are forever linked to certain songs.

My mood is influenced by music too. It can make me happy or melancholic. Angry or optimistic.

Music is also a journey. Tastes change and the way you listen/appreciate music.

I used to spend hours in music shops listening to albums and after buying them, I woould scrutinize the album sleeve. What are the lyrics, who was the producer, what instruments did the band use?

I used to listen to every song on the album and then put it on repeat.

Now I'm just a singles junkie, only able to appreciate a handful of new albums. Some of the blame can be apportioned to the bands that currently hog the airwarves. They are all filler and not killer.

But a lot of it has to do with me.

I'm sure I'll get back to being able to totally immerse myself in music again.

Music influences you more than you appreciate.

Fr any fan of music and football, High fidelity by Nick Hornby is a must read. It's about an Arsenal fat, but you'll still laugh your butt off.

I used to work in Tower records and I swear the characters in Hornsby's book are from real life.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Music has always been MASSIVE in my life. I grew up in the 60s, am still a Beatlemaniac, love most 60s stuff but also listen to Rock, Country, Folk, Classical and Jazz. I will soon celebrate my 60th birthday at The Cavern and can't wait. Music has been my saviour in my life and kept me sane, kept me sane, kept me sane. What do you think of when you hear Pavarotti sing "Barcelona"? How good must it feel for our team to walk out at O.T. to that music. The Crazy Gang used to use music in their changing room not just to hype themselves up but by turning their stuff up so loud, they tried to break the concentration of opposing teams. How moving is it to hear Flowers of Manchester? How annoying is it to hear a certain set of fans sing a song that comes from a stage musical. I can't stand Morrisey's singing but, as a very proud Salfordian, I am forever grateful to him for publicising Salford Lads Club where Eddie Colman once captained the football team.
I agree with Red Force Rising - Music is vital.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Music is my life in several ways.

1) My 80GB iPod has 18GB free and not a single song is something I didn't download myself or that has just been ripped from a random friend's collection. I listen to music almost constantly and I love my Sennheiser headphones.

2) I'm crazy about classical music. Shostakovich, Tchaikovsky, Philip Glass, John Williams, Hans Zimmer, Prokovief, Beethoven, Holst, Strauss II etc. If you can name it I've probably got it.

3) I play trumpet and have thousands of rands worth of sheet music, equipment and instruments. Also in several bands/ orchestras.

And I agree that music influences us.

·
Registered
782 Posts
ManUtd19 said:
2) I'm crazy about classical music. Shostakovich, Tchaikovsky, Philip Glass, John Williams, Hans Zimmer, Prokovief, Beethoven, Holst, Strauss II etc. If you can name it I've probably got it.
What have you got from him? I believe he mainly composes music to the most famous films...Has he released some sort of CD with non-movie/Olympic Games music?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Are you kidding me?

Of course music influences us! Every single one of us and has even been proven to influence plants!

I grew up listening to the Beatles because of my dad and 50s 60s hits because of my mom and my life and memories are influenced by music.

A certain song will trigger memories, remind me of concerts or parties.

Especially my teenage years. Whenever I hear Bob Marley or The Pixies, I'm reminded of house parties we went to and our first experiments with chemicals and alcohol.

Girls of course are forever linked to certain songs.

My mood is influenced by music too. It can make me happy or melancholic. Angry or optimistic.

Music is also a journey. Tastes change and the way you listen/appreciate music.

I used to spend hours in music shops listening to albums and after buying them, I woould scrutinize the album sleeve. What are the lyrics, who was the producer, what instruments did the band use?

I used to listen to every song on the album and then put it on repeat.

Now I'm just a singles junkie, only able to appreciate a handful of new albums. Some of the blame can be apportioned to the bands that currently hog the airwarves. They are all filler and not killer.

But a lot of it has to do with me.

I'm sure I'll get back to being able to totally immerse myself in music again.

Music influences you more than you appreciate.

Fr any fan of music and football, High fidelity by Nick Hornby is a must read. It's about an Arsenal fat, but you'll still laugh your butt off.

I used to work in Tower records and I swear the characters in Hornsby's book are from real life.
Yes, I agree. great post lol....
In my day I went through a rocker phase and a raver phase :cool:
I love all types of music, going to gigs and dancing. Fo Shizzle

savage shoes by the way FU....how much were those bad boys? loving the clock lol

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
Forever_United said:
true, you become less and less attached to music as you become older.
im music mad and in my 40s as you age you get to sample a wider soundstage and begin to appreciate quality whatever the genre .

currently love the courteeners . ryan adams early stuff is on constant play , like a bit of sixties now and then and still play the jam every day .

i liked very early hip hop / rap yet still like eminem snoop and dr dre . cant stand 50 cent etc .

counting crows - springsteen - to evanescence green day et al . only music genres i hate unreservedly are death metal and stock aitkin waterman gash era from 87 to 91

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
haggler said:
im music mad and in my 40s as you age you get to sample a wider soundstage and begin to appreciate quality whatever the genre .

currently love the courteeners . ryan adams early stuff is on constant play , like a bit of sixties now and then and still play the jam every day .

i liked very early hip hop / rap yet still like eminem snoop and dr dre . cant stand 50 cent etc .

counting crows - springsteen - to evanescence green day et al . only music genres i hate unreservedly are death metal and stock aitkin waterman gash era from 87 to 91
hags is a hip hop lad :eek: i dnt like 50 either, its all about the 90's :p

Jazz 16 said:
savage shoes by the way FU....how much were those bad boys? loving the clock lol
they were only 85. there hard to find over here tho, i'm soon to order a different pair with a $250 price tag :eek:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts