Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
France coach Raymond Domenech wants Claude Makelele to come out of international retirement.

Makelele announced he was quitting international football following France's early exit from Euro 2008 in the summer.

The veteran midfielder has previously outlined an intention to stop representing France in 2004 and 2006 only to don a Les Bleus shirt again.

And, ahead of next month's 2010 World Cup qualifiers, Domenech aims to persuade the Paris St Germain new boy to return to the France fold.
Domenech's decision

"Makelele has received a pre-call, just like about 50 other players," Domenech told AFP.

"If he is good, there is no reason for me to put him on the side. He doesn't make the decision.

"Competition and his age can make you believe there are other attractive solutions in the future. But now, if we need an experienced player to help balance the team, I remain the man who makes the decision.

"With Keke we have had talks for four years. Every month he told me, 'Coach, I want to stop'. I replied, 'Yes, we will talk later, come next week and we will talk again'.

"He said, 'At my age, I will not be able to'. But he is always happy to get called again."

Domenech is also hoping to have Patrick Vieira in his squad, if 1998 winners France qualify for the 2010 World Cup finals in South Africa.

"He wants to go to South Africa," said Domenech. "I want him to come with us, but the real Patrick Vieira, not a weaker or injured player.

"He is part of the unquestionable players when he is at his right level. Let's give him some time to recover."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12010_4056179,00.html

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
makekele..is a superb player..not surprised by this news at all.he's like a human dynamo, just keeps on going...

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Domenech is a horrendous manager. Anyone who can't see that Trezeguet is the best French striker is blind. Honestly, the French team seemed to only have players that were 17-21 or 32-35.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts