Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seen Donal Macintyre talking about the next world cup in South Africa .

Having just finished a documentry on gang culture over there he is warning fans about traveling over there to support there teams.

He question there disicion to give the tournament to South Africa given the high murder mugging and rape rate .

His advice to anyone going over there to the event is to stay within the compounds of you hotel and not to drive out of the main roads as car jackings are a regular apperance .

I myself this was a crazy choice for the tournament and FIFA should of gone back its choice along time ago .

Why put fans at risk they say they are going to double there police force for the event something that donal questioned his reasoning being he thinks it should be quadrupled for the event.

We have enough safer places for the World Cup to take place where fans can mix and enjoy thereselves without fear of being murdered.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly it looks scary there all addicted to Crystal meth and they are all willing to kill for money .

To hold the event in south africa is a joke it isnt safe for the players let alone the fans .

My only hope is that they have to take it off them because the stadiums arnt up to scratch .

I wouldnt go if someone paid for me I value my life and visiting a place where your lifes 10x at risk doesnt appeal to me .

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
yeah i always thought it was a slight risk

i mean they have as much right as us to run the world cup but ive seen things about this place and for sure its not a nice place to be and some cops are corrupt also which you have to worry about

im sure they will pull through and it will be a good world cup im sure the counties will bring in there own security ... although that still dosnt protect the fans does it?

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
its idotiotic to hold it there tbh! putting fans at any risk whatsoever is not on and as the head of football they should know better but i suppose all they care aout is making money and promting football in africa because that really worked when they held it in america :rolleyes:

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cantos red army said:
its idotiotic to hold it there tbh! putting fans at any risk whatsoever is not on and as the head of football they should know better but i suppose all they care aout is making money and promting football in africa because that really worked when they held it in america :rolleyes:

The sport is huge in africa already but there is a lack of money thats the problem . What there isnt is a lack of talent Africa is creating alot of the worlds best players now.

Half of the French players are africans who have moved at a young age to France for a better life and footballing future.

This off the point anyway the world cup should be for the fans and I fail to see how the fans can mix and enjoy themselves in country where there lives will be at constant risk .

It is full of such poverty and crime that tourists with money drinking are just asking for it .

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
cantos red army said:
you gonna go over when we quailfy then jazz?;) :D
**** yeah course I am. Ive already had an offer to hangout in Marcel Desailly's pad in SA (If France qualify that is) ;)
but Ill be getting to an Ireland game for sure. That is a dream Ive had for many years.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
**** yeah course I am. Ive already had an offer to hangout in Marcel Desailly's pad in SA (If France qualify that is) ;)
but Ill be getting to an Ireland game for sure. That is a dream Ive had for many years.
ya it would be unreal alright :D!my das m8 owns a house out there so ya never know ;)!

by the way france wont quailfy ..............either will engerland ;) :D :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts