Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watched the replay of the As Roma game just now and saw some nice touches by Dong. He did this cool one two thing with eagles and also passed the ball nicely to Saha. He seems to be getting better and better. Future Star?:confused:

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
Dong is slowly improving. I've seen him plenty of times in the reserves and he's starting to score more goals and his general play is getting better.

You have to ask the question though - is China's 4th choice striker really good enough for United?

In a word, no.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ARBUCKS said:
I cant see him making it at O.T, He will be sold this summer!
nah, dont think so, hes a living advertisement for China

·
has been served
2,949 Posts
nabcake said:
I watched the replay of the As Roma game just now and saw some nice touches by Dong. He did this cool one two thing with eagles and also passed the ball nicely to Saha. He seems to be getting better and better. Future Star?:confused:
Im not sure what game you were watching mate...

He was pure shite as he always is and always will be. He would do well at a team like Bolton or Reading.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
reddwarf said:
Dong is slowly improving. .
Define slowly and define improving......:D

But seriously, I always thought he very good technically but he lacks the what I like to call the Rononey factor...lol.....He doesn't seem to be able to get stuck into matches and throw his wait around........He can pass but he doesn't do anything different....

I'm not completely sure about him yet, I'd love him to be a star, but at the moment it doesn't look likely....

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
-zuco- said:
This should be in the jokes section surely? :D

Like Carly, and probably many others you are not giving him a chance. He needs to go out on loan for a season with a low ranking club, Prem or championship and get some experience. I think he can make it at United, he just needs his chance and some experience!

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Anderson's God said:
Like Carly, and probably many others you are not giving him a chance. He needs to go out on loan for a season with a low ranking club, Prem or championship and get some experience. I think he can make it at United, he just needs his chance and some experience!
LMAO.....

4 years in January he joined United !!!

So how long do we give him to become any good ?

He's not good enough for China never mind United......

Maybe we give him another 4 years huh :confused:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
LMAO.....

4 years in January he joined United !!!

So how long do we give him to become any good ?

He's not good enough for China never mind United......

Maybe we give him another 4 years huh :confused:

I don't know how you are a qualified accountant if you can't count!
Please tell me how many seasons he has actually played at United?
Please tell me how on earth you have come to the conclusion 13 caps for his country defines a footballer! It doesn't!

Where did I say we should give him another 4 years!?

He needs some Experience in the English Championship and them a lower level prem club! He also needs his chance, something he hasn't got at United first team.

Another 4 years - take a look at the previous 3 - 70 apperances 34 goals - Ok it was for Royal Antwerp. But still ....

At least Antwerp fans appreciated him .... unlike some United fans who don't even give him the light of day when he HASN'T had his chance!

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Anderson's God said:
I don't know how you are a qualified accountant if you can't count!
Please tell me how many seasons he has actually played at United?
Please tell me how on earth you have come to the conclusion 13 caps for his country defines a footballer! It doesn't!

Where did I say we should give him another 4 years!?

He needs some Experience in the English Championship and them a lower level prem club! He also needs his chance, something he hasn't got at United first team.

Another 4 years - take a look at the previous 3 - 70 apperances 34 goals - Ok it was for Royal Antwerp. But still ....
Well he joined in January 2004.....

So I make that 4 years in January as I said.......of course if you add it up differently then feel free to tell me what you make it.

He has played no games because he is crap.

13 caps for China is crap.

You didn't say give him another 4 years - I asked IF WE SHOULD.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
He's ****ing shit.

To look for a future star look at Danny Welbeck and Febian Brandy. 100 times the player shirt-seller is.

Can't believe this thread is about.

Kevin Doyle isn't good enough for United, never mind Ding Dong Shit.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Stephen said:
He's ****ing shit.

To look for a future star look at Danny Welbeck and Febian Brandy. 100 times the player shirt-seller is.

Can't believe this thread is about.

Kevin Doyle isn't good enough for United, never mind Ding Dong Shit.
LMFAO.....

Thankyou ;)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
All I am saying is he needs more United 1st team games to prove himself. He was out loan because of permit problems. So this is his first season actually playing for United.

I just think a season with Watford or someone if they get promoted or not would help him greatly! He needs some time to adapt!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Anderson's God said:
I just think a season with Watford or someone if they get promoted or not would help him greatly! He needs some time to adapt!

AG- i can see where you are going with this and its admirable that you are sticking up for United's players. Dong doesnt have a great rep anymore with the fans. He is seen as a bit of a 'shirt selling joke' in some quarters. Not necessarily my views but somewhat close....

As you said he deserves a chance and I think you are right, he does deserve a crack at the big time. His performances for the Reserves have been steadily improving and he has started scoring some goals....but lets be honest here......
He has been pretty poor so far in his United career, even very poor I might add.

I still think he should maybe get a chance if we are very stuck with options but Ill ask you this AG.. You mentioned above that he should go to a team like Watford....
Do you think he would even start a game for them? He might make their 4th striker if he's lucky (King, Henderson, Ellington and Priskin, who are mostly pretty good strikers). Thats my point basically......if he's not good enough for Watford well then he's not United material.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Another thing no one has considerd here too.......

We already pay 500,000 for him........

With more and more appearances this can rise to 3,500,000.....

Would you or anyone else give 3.5 mill for him ?

I wouldn't......

Don't think Fergie would either......

So they keep him in the reserves out the way - sell lots of shirts in Asia and he
wont cost us a lot more money either.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
AG- i can see where you are going with this and its admirable that you are sticking up for United's players. Dong doesnt have a great rep anymore with the fans. He is seen as a bit of a 'shirt selling joke' in some quarters. Not necessarily my views but somewhat close....

As you said he deserves a chance and I think you are right, he does deserve a crack at the big time. His performances for the Reserves have been steadily improving and he has started scoring some goals....but lets be honest here......
He has been pretty poor so far in his United career, even very poor I might add.

I still think he should maybe get a chance if we are very stuck with options but Ill ask you this AG.. You mentioned above that he should go to a team like Watford....
Do you think he would even start a game for them? He might make their 4th striker if he's lucky (King, Henderson, Ellington and Priskin, who are mostly pretty good strikers). Thats my point basically......if he's not good enough for Watford well then he's not United material.

I can see where you are coming from, maybe not Watford but certainly a championship club that could do with a striker, you can see he needs games in the English league. The jump from the Prem or Cl is big from a club like Royal Antwerp (no disrespect to them). I feel a season out on loan would benefit him, then I reckon he'd come back to Old Trafford better prepare and more able! Look at Frazer Campbell at Hull, doing well, I think Dong would too!

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
I think he hasnt proven himself at all, ive seen him play a couple of times and i have seen nothing. I remember in the preaseason seeing the game we played against a chineese team ( cant remember the name) and the commentators were joking saying that if you were to put dong on the other team you would never guess he played for united ( because of his very poor performance) and sadly they were rightk, In my opinion if you cant dominate in the chineese league I really dont see him being united material.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
migueldadon said:
I think he hasnt proven himself at all, ive seen him play a couple of times and i have seen nothing. I remember in the preaseason seeing the game we played against a chineese team ( cant remember the name) and the commentators were joking saying that if you were to put dong on the other team you would never guess he played for united ( because of his very poor performance) and sadly they were rightk, In my opinion if you cant dominate in the chineese league I really dont see him being united material.
Guangdong Pharmaceuticals.......

1 - 20 of 36 Posts