Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm tired of people praising gunners' maturity or mentality...they won on penalties due to a horrible goalkeeper who's way of dealing out with the penalties is that he chooses the side (his right) and just every time goes for it..ffs even i said after the 3rd one that all they had to do was to "pass" it to his left

it was a horrible performance by the goalkeeper and so bloody obvious

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
Tbf, Arsenal were missing alot of players. They done really well to even get the tie to penalities. But Arsenal being able to do this should just how far backwards Italian football has gone. It's turned into a retirement home for players. The average ages of the squads are frightening. There is no money available. it's hard to see how Serie A will ever be a major player in the European scene again. Roma are a shocking side.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
I agree completely
It was so frustrating watching him trying to "save" the penalties (especially since I wanted Arsenal out)

As soon as he realised he was gonna be beat he just fell to the ground and started to moan about something

He made a save of Eduardo's shot, but I think that was more out of luck than anything. Looked completely knackered after the first 2 went in

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
he did happen to go to his right every time poor keeping, but i suppose you still have to bury the shots and not sky them like tornetto

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
lmao @ Vucinic's penalty, dear God :rofl:

Montella's penalty was possibly the finest penalty I have ever seen taken. He did a little donkey kick or something in his run up. sweet.
but back to Doni, he made a good first save, then he was rubbish. Didnt look confident at all, neither of them did actually.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
lmao @ Vucinic's penalty, dear God :rofl:

Montella's penalty was possibly the finest penalty I have ever seen taken. He did a little donkey kick or something in his run up. sweet.
but back to Doni, he made a good first save, then he was rubbish. Didnt look confident at all, neither of them did actually.
Its ike teh commentator said...had the keeper dived to his right/left, it would have looked like the coolest pen of the lot...

...wasn't to be though

Z

·
0 Posts
Roma are a shocking side.
Do you watch much Italian football? Roma are the only team I like in Serie A. They play quality attacking football and have some excellent players like De Rossi(25), Vucinic(25), Baptista(27), Mexez(26) etc etc. A lot of Italian clubs do have older players, but Roma has a lot of great players in the prime of their careers and can hardly be put in the same 'retirement' bracket as Milan or Juventus. I'd say we've probably got more 'old' players than them to be honest.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
i still cant get over Vuccinics penalty he had Almunia on the ground and he hits it at him :rofl: what a joke Monetells was sweet though:thumbsup: as for Doni he though he did all RIGHT ;) ill get my coat :eek:

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
Do you watch much Italian football? Roma are the only team I like in Serie A. They play quality attacking football and have some excellent players like De Rossi(25), Vucinic(25), Baptista(27), Mexez(26) etc etc. A lot of Italian clubs do have older players, but Roma has a lot of great players in the prime of their careers and can hardly be put in the same 'retirement' bracket as Milan or Juventus. I'd say we've probably got more 'old' players than them to be honest.
Look at there starting line-up last night.

Tonetto-34
Juan-30
Rodrigo Taddei-29
David Pizarro-29
Totti-32.

Then on the bench-
Loria-32
Montella-34.

With Panucci and Cassetti we certainly don't have as many old players as them. No fecking chance. there is no way Sir Alex, if he was in charge would have let the clubs have so many players of that age. It's because the tempo of the elague is alot slower than the Premiership. Those old player can't cope. Roma never go anywhere in Europe and I think it's fair after the build up they get to label them an old squad.

Inter are another older squad. That's my point about it being a retirement league. they can get away with it in teh Serie A but when it reaches Europe they just don't have the legs anymore.

It's still pretty old and strange to be putting it out against a youthful Arsenal team, no?

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
To be fair, Baptista is a complete joke of a player.
Vucinic isn't up to much either. Mexes is an ok defender.

De Rossi and Perotta were big losses but it really shouldn't have a bearing because Arsenal were missing alot of their best players. They would have destroyed Roma if they did.

Z

·
0 Posts
To be fair, Baptista is a complete joke of a player.
He's got 8 goals in 20 games so he's not doing that bad :rolleyes:

He scored 25 goals in consecutive seasons for Sevilla too.

The point I was trying to make is that Roma are not a 'shocking' team and they're not a retirement club by any means.

Z

·
0 Posts
Have you ever watched them play Pete? They're a quality team who play stylish football. They're not even close to being 'shocking'.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
i still cant get over Vuccinics penalty he had Almunia on the ground and he hits it at him :rofl: what a joke Monetells was sweet though:thumbsup: as for Doni he though he did all RIGHT ;) ill get my coat :eek:
i think he was trying to do a little fancy chip over the keeper and got it awfully wrong and just stubbed it into almunia's arms

montella's peno was awesome and i remember going, he'll miss this he hardly even plays anymore and didnt he even have a spell at fulham? but i was wrong and it was a great take and trick (ronaldo learn)

oh dear canto u best get your coat and hat that was awful :rtfm:

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Have you ever watched them play Pete? They're a quality team who play stylish football. They're not even close to being 'shocking'.
i agree with zuco there for sure not a shocking team although i only saw the extra time of that game last night but both teams were 'shocking' im not to sure if it was just the nerves or tiredness or a mixture of both but it really was some tiresome football to watch

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
In Europe they are. Do you realise how far backwards the Serie A is gone? It's no longer teh league is was The tempo is shocking. Hence why Roma always getting a hiding in the knockout stages. Remember 7-1? Alot of that squad is still there.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
He's got 8 goals in 20 games so he's not doing that bad :rolleyes:

He scored 25 goals in consecutive seasons for Sevilla too.

The point I was trying to make is that Roma are not a 'shocking' team and they're not a retirement club by any means.
Fair enough, though he is a brutal player at times, despite his goal tally's. They dont always tell the full story.
I agree with you that they arent a 'shocking' team. They are a good team in Italy and an average one in Europe, with some top players. Thats about it really. Some people make a big issue that they are the only team that play beautiful football in Italy, which is complete nonsense to be fair. They do have some style and substance, coupled with some very good pro's but no more than that. They are currently 5th in Serie A nearly 20 points behind Inter and the league table never lies.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts