Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· MUT all-time great
21,930 Posts
So Del Piero should be punished because he's with a more ambitious club? Hmmmm.

So Totti should be punished because he plays for his adored hometown club, refusing to ever leave, even though they have maybe 25% of the resources Juve have? Hmmm.

Del Piero has done things on the biggest stages, Totti hasn't.
Del Piero was also Totti's towel boy during the World Cup, you know, the BIGGEST STAGE.:rolleyes:

· MUT all-time great
21,930 Posts
Why?

It's fairly obvious Totti is a better passer but Del Piero is a more complete player. He can pass, dribble, beat men. Totti cannot do that.

Anyone that thinks Totti is better than del piero clearly hasn't a clue.

Towel boy? Where the hell are you from that you get that 'lingo'.

Totti wasn't younger or fitted into the side more for his passing by any chance. Did Totti get talking off after an hour btw in the final for wait for it the mighty Iaquinta. He once again done it on the big stage.:rolleyes: del Piero has never won anything either. ever.
Even if Totti got taken off, he still started while Del Piero did nothing but sit on the bench in his warmup. I'm not saying Del Piero isn't great, he clearly is, but your rationale is dumb. Where you get this idea that Totti can't beat men on the dribble is pretty damn funny too.

If Del Piero was better than Totti, he'd have played a bigger role for Italy, fact.

· MUT all-time great
21,930 Posts
Not to mention, comparing players on trophies won(like peterswellman did), is retarded case in point:

Phil Neville= 6 Premier Leagues, 3 FA cups, and 1 Champions League.

Steven Gerrard= 2 FA cups, 2 League cups, and 1 Champions League.

· MUT all-time great
21,930 Posts
Julio is a goalie :eek:

i rate him from the best goalies in Seria A after Frey and Buffon without him we would have made of Inter a worse example than Roma
I'd agree with you on saying he's definitely elite.

Doni really isn't that bad though, he's just pants at stopping penalties. He was fantastic against Lazio earlier this year, and he's a good shot stopper. He just doesn't have the balls me thinks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.