Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

· Banned
16,798 Posts
i agree with zuco there for sure not a shocking team although i only saw the extra time of that game last night but both teams were 'shocking' im not to sure if it was just the nerves or tiredness or a mixture of both but it really was some tiresome football to watch
Arsenal have a reason. Their midfield was Denilson and diaby ffs. Eboue was playing too. What's Roma's?

G

·
Fair enough, though he is a brutal player at times, despite his goal tally's. They dont always tell the full story.
I agree with you that they arent a 'shocking' team. They are a good team in Italy and an average one in Europe, with some top players. Thats about it really. Some people make a big issue that they are the only team that play beautiful football in Italy, which is complete nonsense to be fair. They do have some style and substance, coupled with some very good pro's but no more than that. They are currently 5th in Serie A nearly 20 points behind Inter and the league table never lies.
Tell that to e-Juventus :D

· Banned
28,898 Posts
i think he was trying to do a little fancy chip over the keeper and got it awfully wrong and just stubbed it into almunia's arms

montella's peno was awesome and i remember going, he'll miss this he hardly even plays anymore and didnt he even have a spell at fulham? but i was wrong and it was a great take and trick (ronaldo learn)

oh dear canto u best get your coat and hat that was awful :rtfm:
i know but still he had almunia on the ground like he could have jus rolled it left or right and it was a goal :rolleyes: just hope he takes Montenegro penos ;)

ya i remember him been at fulham he didn't do much there really! and ya i agree ronaldo hope he watched all the champions league games so he could learn from monetella and learn madrid are ***** :rofl:

haha sorry couldn't resist :p

· Im not fat... im sex.
8,712 Posts
i know but still he had almunia on the ground like he could have jus rolled it left or right and it was a goal :rolleyes: just hope he takes Montenegro penos ;)

ya i remember him been at fulham he didn't do much there really! and ya i agree ronaldo hope he watched all the champions league games so he could learn from monetella and learn madrid are ***** :rofl:

haha sorry couldn't resist :p
forgiven this time :blink:

· Im not fat... im sex.
8,712 Posts
Arsenal have a reason. Their midfield was Denilson and diaby ffs. Eboue was playing too. What's Roma's?
im not to sure really there talisman in totti had a massive strap on his knee and for some reason roma decided to turn into a long ball team, which might i add there not, i think tiredness and nerves set in and roma just played out for peno's

· Banned
16,798 Posts
im not to sure really there talisman in totti had a massive strap on his knee and for some reason roma decided to turn into a long ball team, which might i add there not, i think tiredness and nerves set in and roma just played out for peno's
But he was still on the pitch? Where as Arsenal's talisman in Fabregas(who in my eyes is better than Totti) wasn't. Totti was very good last night from what I saw. He's highly overrated though, not near as good as people make him out to be.

· Im not fat... im sex.
8,712 Posts
But he was still on the pitch? Where as Arsenal's talisman in Fabregas(who in my eyes is better than Totti) wasn't. Totti was very good last night from what I saw. He's highly overrated though, not near as good as people make him out to be.
thats true about totti but in rome hes loved and i think it might of nocked the team back slightly, and yes fabregas is better than totti but id say totti is more of a striker were fabregas is a centre mid/ attacking mid and yeah i know totti can play both but not as effective as fabregas.

i think all in all it was a really weak extra time and poor football by two teams who are touted as playing beautiful football, well it wasnt evident there to be honest

· Banned
16,798 Posts
thats true about totti but in rome hes loved and i think it might of nocked the team back slightly, and yes fabregas is better than totti but id say totti is more of a striker were fabregas is a centre mid/ attacking mid and yeah i know totti can play both but not as effective as fabregas.

i think all in all it was a really weak extra time and poor football by two teams who are touted as playing beautiful football, well it wasnt evident there to be honest
Ok then Adebayor was also missing for Arsenal, he's a striker. He's key for them. Same as Rosicky. Arsenal missed alot of their players. Those who help them to play the beautiful way they like. Arshavin was also cup tied.

Arsenal are a better side than Roma in my eyes. I'm happy to see them get through. Makes for a strong competition. Roma were going out next round anyway.

· Im not fat... im sex.
8,712 Posts
Ok then Adebayor was also missing for Arsenal, he's a striker. He's key for them. Same as Rosicky. Arsenal missed alot of their players. Those who help them to play the beautiful way they like. Arshavin was also cup tied.

Arsenal are a better side than Roma in my eyes. I'm happy to see them get through. Makes for a strong competition. Roma were going out next round anyway.
yeah i agree with the statements about adebayor and rosicky, and arsenal are the better team for sure but i just couldnt agree with roma being 'shocking'

· Banned
16,798 Posts
yeah i agree with the statements about adebayor and rosicky, and arsenal are the better team for sure but i just couldnt agree with roma being 'shocking'
They are in comparsion to their counterparts in Europe. It's as simple as. Shows my opinion of Italy being a retirement league when they do so well in Italy.

No Italian team in the quater finals either btw.:police:

· Im not fat... im sex.
8,712 Posts
They are in comparsion to their counterparts in Europe. It's as simple as. Shows my opinion of Italy being a retirement league when they do so well in Italy.

No Italian team in the quater finals either btw.:police:
your not wrong at all i think the league needs a kick up the backside really there like liverpool relying on past glory's and im an Italian league fan

21 - 40 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.