Manchester United Talk banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

· MUT all-time great
21,930 Posts
Julio is a goalie :eek:

i rate him from the best goalies in Seria A after Frey and Buffon without him we would have made of Inter a worse example than Roma
I'd agree with you on saying he's definitely elite.

Doni really isn't that bad though, he's just pants at stopping penalties. He was fantastic against Lazio earlier this year, and he's a good shot stopper. He just doesn't have the balls me thinks.

· Proto-Hipster
49,169 Posts
I'd agree with you on saying he's definitely elite.

Doni really isn't that bad though, he's just pants at stopping penalties. He was fantastic against Lazio earlier this year, and he's a good shot stopper. He just doesn't have the balls me thinks.
No Balls and No Reflections :thumbsup:

long raged shots and free kicks are easy for him he have big hands and he catches them easily and don't parry them as other goalies but shots from inside the box or a blinking header would easily go in :wacko: (Doni)

· Registered
1,097 Posts
Tbf, Arsenal were missing alot of players. They done really well to even get the tie to penalities. But Arsenal being able to do this should just how far backwards Italian football has gone. It's turned into a retirement home for players. The average ages of the squads are frightening. There is no money available. it's hard to see how Serie A will ever be a major player in the European scene again. Roma are a shocking side.
AS Rome missed Mexes, Panucci, Cicinho, soon Juan, De Rossi.
Totti and Pizarro played just because it was Champions L.:
both of them was at 50% and risked to get serious injuries
Vucinic as well: he could at the maximum start from the bench

I think at their best, Rome is better than Arsenal
BTW, I think the same for JUVE compaired to Chelsea: we could not count on Legrottaglie, Camoranesi, Zanetti, Sissoko, Nedved (the entire midfield) ...and Marchionni and De Ceglie between some of their substitute

I regret a lot not to have tested our real value

· Registered
195 Posts
it took u 3 pens to realise

i'm tired of people praising gunners' maturity or mentality...they won on penalties due to a horrible goalkeeper who's way of dealing out with the penalties is that he chooses the side (his right) and just every time goes for it..ffs even i said after the 3rd one that all they had to do was to "pass" it to his left

it was a horrible performance by the goalkeeper and so bloody obvious
i loved the way he thought he was gettin an advantage by jumping forward off the line but he got nowhere near any except for walcotts,:specool:

· Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
lmao @ Vucinic's penalty, dear God :rofl:

Montella's penalty was possibly the finest penalty I have ever seen taken. He did a little donkey kick or something in his run up. sweet.
but back to Doni, he made a good first save, then he was rubbish. Didnt look confident at all, neither of them did actually.
it was the clumsiest i have evr seen - he didn't even wait for the gk - he just tried some funny jump - imagine if almunia had decided to go his way - it would be more hilarious than mirko's

but having scored -it's all praise for him then ;)

· Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Do you watch much Italian football? Roma are the only team I like in Serie A. They play quality attacking football and have some excellent players like De Rossi(25), Vucinic(25), Baptista(27), Mexez(26) etc etc. A lot of Italian clubs do have older players, but Roma has a lot of great players in the prime of their careers and can hardly be put in the same 'retirement' bracket as Milan or Juventus. I'd say we've probably got more 'old' players than them to be honest.
a real/arsenal flop ?:eek:

mexes ?:eek: - player that is constantly on the wrong place at the wrong time, giving away penalites and being terrible for france

i know that they play the most beautifull footie in italy but those guys are not excellent imo;)

· Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Thanks, and for the record Totti isn't overrated.

Totti>Del Piero.

Which is why Totti started instead of Del Piero during the 06 world cup, and Lippi begged Totti to come back.
think you're wrong there

totti is very overrated imo - big time choker - he never seems to deliver in europe against the big boys whilst del piero has been brilliant on the highest level

· Berbatov>Tevez
11,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
AS Rome missed Mexes, Panucci, Cicinho, soon Juan, De Rossi.
Totti and Pizarro played just because it was Champions L.:
both of them was at 50% and risked to get serious injuries
Vucinic as well: he could at the maximum start from the bench

I think at their best, Rome is better than Arsenal
BTW, I think the same for JUVE compaired to Chelsea: we could not count on Legrottaglie, Camoranesi, Zanetti, Sissoko, Nedved (the entire midfield) ...and Marchionni and De Ceglie between some of their substitute

I regret a lot not to have tested our real value
like those players would have made the difference... screw the team that has zebina :mf_tongue:;)

just joking...

but i think ijn all honesty you're way too slow to cope with epl side like chelsea , utd etc

· Registered
1,097 Posts
like those players would have made the difference... screw the team that has zebina :mf_tongue:;)

just joking...

but i think ijn all honesty you're way too slow to cope with epl side like chelsea , utd etc
Legrottaglie is the director of the defence, even if individually is not the best
Zanetti is the director of the midfield, even if individually is not the best
You know that in a team, some player may be very important even if they're not great champions

Marchionni and De Ceglie are not that important.... but they're the only substitutes for Nedved and Camoranesi..... Missing all four of them, the team was missing something...and we needed to change to a module (a 4-3-3) we had never played this year

MOreover, we had out Trezeguet till some weeks ago, and Iaquinta most of time.... so that, all the year there were Amauri and Del Piero playing always.... what has probably caused the exhaustion for both of them

the same for the right back Grygera, playing all matches due the absences of Salihamidzic and Zebina, who only now have come back in the team

I repeat:
give me a normal season, and JUVE would have been competitve with anyone....I would be afraid just with ManUTD, Barca and Liverpool ..... not Chelsea for sure

61 - 73 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.