Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doni and his team-mates will want to exorcise the demons haunting them following last season's disastrous 7-1 defeat against Manchester United as the two teams prepare to clash again in this year's Champions League quarter final.

"There wasn't much to choose from all the remaining teams," declared the Brazilian goalkeeper. "We have drawn Manchester [United] and we shall try to win.

"The 7-1? We were unlucky in that game. Now we are more complete, we can do well and we have more chances," he continued.

"In the last few months we have won a lot of games and we are more confident, and stronger in our heads."

On the dangers posed by the English side, he concluded, "Last year Cristiano Ronaldo made the difference, but this year it's the entire team which is stronger. I fear those who play closest to goal, like Rooney."

http://goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=623699

I think his dream will not be realised.:cool:
And that 7-1 win will not be reapeted..

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Doni is not seeing the real reason why we will move on, united plays way more physical and those boys dont play this way in their own league. their doomed once again, i was glad to see this draw, we know how to beat them!

·
Banned
198 Posts
City aren't known in Italy for their Euro strength are they now. Man City, beat AS Roma 7-1. not bloody likely. I hope Roma haven't forgotten how potent we were in front of goal last year, nor that we were off form earlier in the season and beat them comprehensively at home and away.
Mind they'll be on a boost from beating Milan. SO can see a home win of 1-0 but away loss of 2-0, sending us through to the semi final against Barcelona/Shalke.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Anyone watch how Roma played recently? I would say that they are no push-over this time round. At the rate we are playing now is hard to say...
Victory to Man Utd but close one...

Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts