Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man U is not a term REAL / TRUE United fans refer themselves to... WHY??? This term is mostly only used by other supporters as a complete and utter insult.. In case anyone on this board is not aware rival supporters used to sing a song about Munich and it goes Man U Man U went on a plane Man U Man U never came back again... Now if thats not getting your blood boiling nothing will.We are UNITED, MAN UTD, MANCHESTER UNITED, RED DEVILS. We do not have any songs with THAT name in them nor will you be able to buy any official merchandice using that term, it is not printed on any scarves or badges . Now I have been a "United" supporter all my life and have never used that phrase to describe the name of my team. It even has annoyed me to write about the song with the name in it, but thought I had to just to get my point over to people who have never heard it ( real United fans forgive me please ) You dont use the phrase Man C Leeds U Aston V etc etc So dont use M** *. Like the song goes Theres Only One United so people will know who you support when using this term..All said whenever someone calls us M** * I simply correct them.. And I think this should be implimented on this board..So come on lads lets educate the ones that need it and keep THAT name away form our club and this board..The term Utd is the proper abbreviation for the word United and nothing else

When I seen this thread start a while back I never thought for a second that it would go this far "Don't refer to Manchester United as Man U"
It is offensive don't use it, you may if you wish continue to use it but you are just being offensive to everyone else on this board so make your minds up from here if you want to be offensive to others here then use it if you don't then don't use it can it really be that difficult to understand.

and if anyone can remember the Scousers chanting and it pains me even to type this but for educations sake

Man U Never Intended Coming Home

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
This is OK but I ask you to let people know about this politely please.

In the past we have had cases where people here have been quite nasty when telling people about this 'Man U' thing.

If you do point it out to others refer them to this thread. This way they know it's not good to say this - they also know the reason why - which is much better I think.

Nice thread -= well done x

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here - is this better ? btw - i copied this post from another place... it explains it to everyone.
but thanks

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
I liked your thread - what I mean is for EVERYONE to make this point you highlight here politely thats all.

In fact just refer them to your thread is better. Then they know the reasons :)

·
has been served
2,949 Posts
We take the word Man U.
What have they got left to insult us with?
"Uhhhh **** You....You red...manchester....champions...."

·
Registered
249 Posts
Oh looooooooooooooooooooool you mean that I have to change my user name! , I Actually never heard about this & I never said manu in the topics but I used it just to shorten the user name.

Also I don`t hate any team I`m a supporter only , hating was way before when I was a kid ( I hated arsenal like hell) but now I forgot all this, this is just football my only purpose is to enjoy it so I don`t care about what other people call us.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Q8MANU said:
Oh looooooooooooooooooooool you mean that I have to change my user name! , I Actually never heard about this & I never said manu in the topics but I used it just to shorten the user name.

Also I don`t hate any team I`m a supporter only , hating was way before when I was a kid ( I hated arsenal like hell) but now I forgot all this, this is just football my only purpose is to enjoy it so I don`t care about what other people call us.
Noooooo leave your user name alone dont worry about it.

I never heard about this either until they tell me here.

I'm a bit like you and dont really worry about Liverpool or Arsenal and 'name calling'. Sticks and stones..........

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
A valid point that needs to be made but in fairness a lot of youngsters who support United these days are not aware that it is an insult. I see it on messageboards all the time. I think it's mainly due to the way Sky shows the scoreline when United are playing.

They need to be educated - no one knows until somebody tells them!

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
reddwarf said:
A valid point that needs to be made but in fairness a lot of youngsters who support United these days are not aware that it is an insult. I see it on messageboards all the time. I think it's mainly due to the way Sky shows the scoreline when United are playing.

They need to be educated - no one knows until somebody tells them!
excactly...some people don't quite get it. that is why i put it there . to educate them. it's ok if you don't know , but some loooool reactions bother me. ask any fan from manchester or even england, and he'll tell you that. that is a very big insult. I'm reaaaally surprised that most people on this thread didn't know that:eek:
this is almost as one of the comandmants to a United fan. Every United fan should know this. In fact, this should be put on Munich disaster thread... In the past there were some United fans that had sympathies towards Liverpool, but only untill that Munich accident. That is when all "the hatred" begun . When those sick bastards started singing Man U Man U went on a plane, Man U never came back again ! Sick really !
And I'm saying to all of you who don't take this seriously - if you lost a father or a son, or a brother, and if someone laughed at you becasue of that , even sang a song, would you laugh at that ?

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Altough disgusting to hear from rival supporters calling us like that with inention to humiliate "The Babes " what bothers me is if there are some United fans on here who have been told about the name, they continue to use it.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
ManU, for the zillionth time in this forum, is derogatory. But even the damn tv pundits, reports and commentators use it, as well as other players and managers.

Choice, keep moaning about it or just accept if from ignorant fools?

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
and for the bizillionth time.............I second 'Red Devil's' post.

Manchester United Football Club.

p.s Ian the tour guide said during my tour of Old Trafford that Man Utd was no longer a 'football club' but a 'business'.

Anyone know why or what or when or how??

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
and for the bizillionth time.............I second 'Red Devil's' post.

Manchester United Football Club.

p.s Ian the tour guide said during my tour of Old Trafford that Man Utd was no longer a 'football club' but a 'business'.

Anyone know why or what or when or how??

Why didn't you ask him?

·
Registered
19 Posts
First of all, I never called Man U to address Manchester United although I just knew about this.

But is it such a big deal ? Considering there are so many United fans in the whole world that possibly not realized about this very fact. In my country, I am sure there are still lot of fans still called Man U to refer Manchester United.

The bottomline is, whatever the name is, but the passion is still the same.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.