Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
A valid point that needs to be made but in fairness a lot of youngsters who support United these days are not aware that it is an insult. I see it on messageboards all the time. I think it's mainly due to the way Sky shows the scoreline when United are playing.

They need to be educated - no one knows until somebody tells them!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I heard Bryan Robson call us Man U on MUTV on Sunday.

Our youth team was playing in a tournament in Sheffield with Porto, Sao Paulo and Sheffield United and Bryan Robson was interviewed about the success of the tournament and he said: "It was great to have the likes of Porto, Sao Paulo and Man U here."

Go kick his ass CRooney from Dubrovnik :D

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I agree that it's an offensive term due to the way it came about and I also think that educating people about it is important.

I've heard Bryan Robson call us 'Man U' on MUTV, it's in the corner of the screen when we play on TV, my mum (who is getting forgetful in her old age) calls us 'Man U' no matter how many times I tell her not to and I've seen youngsters on forums get ganged up on and called 'fake fan' or whatever for using the term.

You have to remember though that once you've explained to someone why you find the term offensive and ask them not to use it again then the decision is up to them. If they decide to carry on using it then no matter what you say to them they won't change their mind - especially if you resort to name-calling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.