Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man U is not a term REAL / TRUE United fans refer themselves to... WHY??? This term is mostly only used by other supporters as a complete and utter insult.. In case anyone on this board is not aware rival supporters used to sing a song about Munich and it goes Man U Man U went on a plane Man U Man U never came back again... Now if thats not getting your blood boiling nothing will.We are UNITED, MAN UTD, MANCHESTER UNITED, RED DEVILS. We do not have any songs with THAT name in them nor will you be able to buy any official merchandice using that term, it is not printed on any scarves or badges . Now I have been a "United" supporter all my life and have never used that phrase to describe the name of my team. It even has annoyed me to write about the song with the name in it, but thought I had to just to get my point over to people who have never heard it ( real United fans forgive me please ) You dont use the phrase Man C Leeds U Aston V etc etc So dont use M** *. Like the song goes Theres Only One United so people will know who you support when using this term..All said whenever someone calls us M** * I simply correct them.. And I think this should be implimented on this board..So come on lads lets educate the ones that need it and keep THAT name away form our club and this board..The term Utd is the proper abbreviation for the word United and nothing else

When I seen this thread start a while back I never thought for a second that it would go this far "Don't refer to Manchester United as Man U"
It is offensive don't use it, you may if you wish continue to use it but you are just being offensive to everyone else on this board so make your minds up from here if you want to be offensive to others here then use it if you don't then don't use it can it really be that difficult to understand.

and if anyone can remember the Scousers chanting and it pains me even to type this but for educations sake

Man U Never Intended Coming Home

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
reddwarf said:
A valid point that needs to be made but in fairness a lot of youngsters who support United these days are not aware that it is an insult. I see it on messageboards all the time. I think it's mainly due to the way Sky shows the scoreline when United are playing.

They need to be educated - no one knows until somebody tells them!
excactly...some people don't quite get it. that is why i put it there . to educate them. it's ok if you don't know , but some loooool reactions bother me. ask any fan from manchester or even england, and he'll tell you that. that is a very big insult. I'm reaaaally surprised that most people on this thread didn't know that:eek:
this is almost as one of the comandmants to a United fan. Every United fan should know this. In fact, this should be put on Munich disaster thread... In the past there were some United fans that had sympathies towards Liverpool, but only untill that Munich accident. That is when all "the hatred" begun . When those sick bastards started singing Man U Man U went on a plane, Man U never came back again ! Sick really !
And I'm saying to all of you who don't take this seriously - if you lost a father or a son, or a brother, and if someone laughed at you becasue of that , even sang a song, would you laugh at that ?

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Altough disgusting to hear from rival supporters calling us like that with inention to humiliate "The Babes " what bothers me is if there are some United fans on here who have been told about the name, they continue to use it.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
carlyluvsunited said:
I just read the start of this thread again and I'm confused.

Please dont tell me the reason we have to be annoyed with the term 'Man U' is because some assholes included it in their silly little song !!!

If people sing sick songs about United or whatever - ignore them !!

Making big fuss about it - like this - only makes them happy to see they have upset you !!

It's just a silly pathetic little song, sung by a very, very small group of idiot fans from Liverpool and Leeds.......a very small minority indeed. But with all this fussing and worrying about it - you make it a BIG, BIG thing.

I read here that someone says it is also because someone once said Man Ure too.

LMFAO......

That is pathetic - a very sad attempt to make a joke really.

If someone said to me "Carly you bitch - you're a big pile of manure"....I would have to laugh at this - silly little person.

I ask a few of my friends too who follow United - they never heard about this Man U thing either !!

I don't know - much ado about nothing maybe huh :p
carly - it is not some small thing like a personal insult - would you have laughed if someone had called your , God forbbid , dead sister or father, bitch or a ****...and to even sign a song about the way your someone has died, and that everyone who hates you accepts that way of insulting you, would you be laughin ? I doubt it... That's excatcly what they're doing. It's not booing Ronaldo, it's not droping stones on Smithy's ambulance car. people died ...it was a horrible death. They are insulting the dead, thus their families and entire humanity- Let's be bigger than THEM - we are here to politely educate those who don't know it... especially when it comes from some of our fans... It's not my thing only - it is recognized in Manchester also. We're trying to be Manchester United forum, lets' start by behaving like a true Manchester United fans. And they ARE AGAINST the name MAN U ...There is no explanation... It is as it is - it is an insult !

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Lawbreaker - we ARE ignoring it , but it shouldn't be used by United fans, and any United fan who uses this term should be educated . And with this thread we're trying to do that.... We're not here to talk about Liverpool fans, or assnal's ... We are here to warn people who haven't been warned about it before.
And for the last time hopefully - THE TERM MAN U does not describe Man United ! It hasn't been used by Man United fans who have been introduced with the situation . there are NO United songs, t-shirts or badges that include the term Manu U. I suggest people on here accept it is offensive and I would be pleased if no one used it once seeing THIS thread !
Thank you !

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
agree prince...i opened this thread in order to educate people...what bothers me is that some of them see the thread and just keep on calling us manu

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.