Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Why we dont refer to our Awesome Club as ManU -- READ THIS!!!!

Hey guy's, i just picked this up from a blog in the official Manchester United website.

Why we dont refer to our Awesome Club as ManU -- READ THIS!!!!

Man U is not a term United fans refer to themselves as. The term is only used by other supporters as a complete and utter insult to our club. The "u" is meant to be "you" by the rival fans.

An early example of its usage is this chant by West Brom fans: "Duncan Edwards is manure, rotting in his grave, man you are manure- rotting in your grave". The origin of "Man u" is a song to insult the dead Duncan Edwards.

Liverpool and Leeds fans copied this with their own man you /u versions to insult all of the lads who died at munich.

"Man U Man U went on a plane Man U Man U never came back again"

and..

"Man U Never Intended Coming Home" (if you combine the first letter of each word you get the word "munich").

I hope this makes it clearer that saying man u is an insult, particularly to the older supporters and to see United fans using it now is shameful. I hope a few might read this, understand and spread the word.

So... Please REFRAIN from using this term ever again!!!!!!!!

Have you guys heard about this? Is this true?
http://community.manutd.com/forums/p/2476/20007.aspx#20007

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
futbol said:
I am amazed that none of you knew this ? M*** is offensive. During the munich tragedy the lfc fans called us : Man U Never Intended to Come Home : M-U-N-I-C-H !
LFc fans also called us 'manure' ! If that doesnt get ur blood boiling , i dunno waht will ? What is it with these 'new' fans ? Dont know club history ? no offence.

Mods delete this thread

Delete all threads on this issue please ? its offensive to me and some fans

Well you are amazed that none of us kinew about this? Let me tell you that i've heard even tv pundits use this term on national television here in India.

Don't you think had someone knew about the offensive nature of that word, they would have contacted the channel or something to refrain them from using this term?

But it hasn't happened yet. Meaning most of the fans over here are ignorant about this. That term is being used freely over here(even by united supporters as far as i know) and it wont stop untill people come to know about this .I only knew about this when i visited the forum of the official website of our club.

I don't think that this thread should be deleted, coz if it's gonna make atleast one ignorant united fan from using this word, then it will be well worth the troubles.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
sparkic said:
Yeah I knew about the manure thing because my scouser mates always use it and yeah we should never say 'man u' because like stated before it is insulting and its an insult from other fans. Imo this thread should be kept open so others can learn this because like some people have said, even TV Pundits have used this term whithout knowing. Like I was watching an Indonesian channel showing Man United on a p2p program and their half time pundits keep on saying Man U blah blah and it ticked me off but like yeah we should start to spread the word about it that we consider it as an insult and maybe that way people will use it less often.
Couldn't have put it any better, well said mate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.