Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
ron_aveiro said:
lol..your signature says " If you will success in the future, you have to remember the history " then why aren't you following it? we are talking about our history man..so we should learn from it..that's what this thread is all about..busted..
So what you are going to do about it, go to every part of this world and beat the crap out of every single United fans that refer the team as Man U ? :D

What I am talking about is, whatever the name we are referring, our passion for the team is the same. We are all fans of a club called Manchester United Football Club aka The Red Devils or The Pride of England, suit yourself.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
In some people's defense - lots of people in the media refer to the club as "Man u". If they don't know of the battering of it then it can easily be misunderstood as an acceptable reference to the community. A simple correction and move on is fine :)

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
agree prince...i opened this thread in order to educate people...what bothers me is that some of them see the thread and just keep on calling us manu

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
agree prince...i opened this thread in order to educate people...what bothers me is that some of them see the thread and just keep on calling us manu
You can take a horse to the water - but you can't make it drink ;)

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I heard Bryan Robson call us Man U on MUTV on Sunday.

Our youth team was playing in a tournament in Sheffield with Porto, Sao Paulo and Sheffield United and Bryan Robson was interviewed about the success of the tournament and he said: "It was great to have the likes of Porto, Sao Paulo and Man U here."

Go kick his ass CRooney from Dubrovnik :D

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
The thing is with the name it's was meant as an insult to start with, however the meaning of it has been reduced over the years due to the media and other people not being as bothered about it.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
rydersonthestorm said:
The thing is with the name it's was meant as an insult to start with, however the meaning of it has been reduced over the years due to the media and other people not being as bothered about it.
I tried to tell people ages ago this point.....

If you make big fuss and moan about it......

They will do it more and more......

Shrug your shoulders and walk away and they will get bored very, very quickly :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Never really been that bothered by the term "Man U"

During the 70s and 80s lots of United fans actually used the term themselves and even sang songs with the words in

Just seems in this day and its just not fashionable or trendy to use it

had it still been in regular use by United fans would they then feel as offended if others then used the same term

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
I live in Villa land now; and all the local fans say "man u" so much so that UI do not even hear it any more. It matters not if they are WBA, Walsall, Villa, BCFC or whatever, we are apprently man u, always will be, so we may as well forget this and get on with life.

Thread closed.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Why we dont refer to our Awesome Club as ManU -- READ THIS!!!!

Hey guy's, i just picked this up from a blog in the official Manchester United website.

Why we dont refer to our Awesome Club as ManU -- READ THIS!!!!

Man U is not a term United fans refer to themselves as. The term is only used by other supporters as a complete and utter insult to our club. The "u" is meant to be "you" by the rival fans.

An early example of its usage is this chant by West Brom fans: "Duncan Edwards is manure, rotting in his grave, man you are manure- rotting in your grave". The origin of "Man u" is a song to insult the dead Duncan Edwards.

Liverpool and Leeds fans copied this with their own man you /u versions to insult all of the lads who died at munich.

"Man U Man U went on a plane Man U Man U never came back again"

and..

"Man U Never Intended Coming Home" (if you combine the first letter of each word you get the word "munich").

I hope this makes it clearer that saying man u is an insult, particularly to the older supporters and to see United fans using it now is shameful. I hope a few might read this, understand and spread the word.

So... Please REFRAIN from using this term ever again!!!!!!!!

Have you guys heard about this? Is this true?
http://community.manutd.com/forums/p/2476/20007.aspx#20007

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
We have had threads on this in the past. You will also find posts by me in there. This is not official United but an attached forum for fans.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Red Devil said:
I live in Villa land now; and all the local fans say "man u" so much so that UI do not even hear it any more. It matters not if they are WBA, Walsall, Villa, BCFC or whatever, we are apprently man u, always will be, so we may as well forget this and get on with life.

Thread closed.
Thread opened ...

Bump !

Thread closed ... :eek:

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Red Devil said:
This is not official United but an attached forum for fans.
This is actually the previously quite famous "Talking Reds" forum ...

Now sadly 'infamous' after all the mods and admin were sacked and 'manutd.com'
inadvertantly forgot to appoint replacements.

It is now a sad, sorry dead duck ... :D

41 - 60 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.