Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 Draws yes, but the performances have warranted wins, we might not have been at our best but we've done more than enough to have 6 pts from those 2 games but instead we've got 2. That's no biggy, there's 36 games left and as a poster in the Match Day forum said, if we beat City and Chelsea draw with Liverpool we'd be 2 pts behind! And that's only after 1 game, there'd still be another 35 left and we still have many players to come back.

I know it's frustrating dropping points early but it's far from as bad as some people make out, keep the faith. Nothing comes easy lads and lasses.

Get behind the team on Sunday wherever you are and don't forget all your pre match rituals from last season. :p ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,423 Posts
unitedred said:
2 Draws yes, but the performances have warranted wins, we might not have been at our best but we've done more than enough to have 6 pts from those 2 games but instead we've got 2. That's no biggy, there's 36 games left and as a poster in the Match Day forum said, if we beat City and Chelsea draw with Liverpool we'd be 2 pts behind! And that's only after 1 game, there'd still be another 35 left and we still have many players to come back.

I know it's frustrating dropping points early but it's far from as bad as some people make out, keep the faith. Nothing comes easy lads and lasses.

Get behind the team on Sunday wherever you are and don't forget all your pre match rituals from last season. :p ;)
well said my friend
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
andycole9 said:
well said my friend
Thanks mate.

Nice name by the way, how nice would it be if we had him on Sunday. :)

If I was Fergie i'd take Coley on a 1 month loan, I believe he's unattached at the moment. He's still got the goalscoring touch, that will never leave him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,853 Posts
unitedred said:
Thanks mate.

Nice name by the way, how nice would it be if we had him on Sunday. :)

If I was Fergie i'd take Coley on a 1 month loan, I believe he's unattached at the moment. He's still got the goalscoring touch, that will never leave him.
Thought Sunderland had got him? Good post btw
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,423 Posts
yea i thought sunderland were close to getting him not sure hes signed yet but hes deffo still good enough to play in the prem
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,423 Posts
unitedred said:
Thanks mate.

Nice name by the way, how nice would it be if we had him on Sunday. :)

If I was Fergie i'd take Coley on a 1 month loan, I believe he's unattached at the moment. He's still got the goalscoring touch, that will never leave him.
glad you like the name i named my oldest son after him he was born in 2000 just after cole's best season for the club.

me and a friend were on our way to OT and i told him i was gonna name my unborn son after andy cole he said why? we was playing leicester that day and cole scored an over head kick from the edge of the box. i just turned to my friend smiled and said thats why :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,946 Posts
andycole9 said:
glad you like the name i named my oldest son after him he was born in 2000 just after cole's best season for the club.

me and a friend were on our way to OT and i told him i was gonna name my unborn son after andy cole he said why? we was playing leicester that day and cole scored an over head kick from the edge of the box. i just turned to my friend smiled and said thats why :)
Awwwwww......thats lovely :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
Yeah thats really cool man.

I agree and you are right UR, theres no reason to panic that much. If we had that little bit of luck Reading would have been buried 5-0, and Rooney and Ronaldo would still be fit and ready to go, not to mention despite lacking urgency in the Pompey game we did enough to win 3 points but we ended up drawing.

However there is more to our poor early form than meets the eye. Giggs and Scholes two world-class, key players have severely under performed in these 2 games. Remember last season the main reason why we got off to a great start is because this duo were in sparkling form and now we are suffering because they are not playing well. Lack of fitness and preparation have also cost us, and the rest is just sheer bad luck.

I know I may sound annoyed but thats the way things are at United I am afraid, we expect brilliance every game. I still believe we have what it takes to win the league ( to win everything really ). If this is our worst patch of form then I say GREAT!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,423 Posts
Robbie the Robber said:
Sunderland would be perfect for cole

sure his favourite Wag Yorkie is up there still
yea i wonder if they still watch that video together (the one filmed on yorke's camcorder) :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
unitedred said:
2 Draws yes, but the performances have warranted wins, we might not have been at our best but we've done more than enough to have 6 pts from those 2 games but instead we've got 2. That's no biggy, there's 36 games left and as a poster in the Match Day forum said, if we beat City and Chelsea draw with Liverpool we'd be 2 pts behind! And that's only after 1 game, there'd still be another 35 left and we still have many players to come back.

I know it's frustrating dropping points early but it's far from as bad as some people make out, keep the faith. Nothing comes easy lads and lasses.

Get behind the team on Sunday wherever you are and don't forget all your pre match rituals from last season. :p ;)
we'll do the TREBLE this season
the last time we drew the first 2 games of the season (in98/99) we ended up doing the treble. Lets just hope the history repeats itself
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,423 Posts
amarsdd said:
we'll do the TREBLE this season
the last time we drew the first 2 games of the season (in98/99) we ended up doing the treble. Lets just hope the history repeats itself
the treble, lets go for the quad thats what fergie said at the start of the season :)
 
1 - 20 of 208 Posts
Top