Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don't get yer expectations up. This team is still suffering a hangover from the right royal bumming they took in the San Siro. The only problem being, is chelsea and the dirties might be too far ahead before we get our backsides into gear.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Striking for disaster

I agree no need to panic yet but i despair at some of the decisions this summer! I ve got no problem with the players in but am beginning to be concerned by Hargreaves. His recent injury record is not good and tendonitis, as i understand it, is an ongoing problem, so real concerns there and he cost a lot of money, tho i really like him and think he will add the steel, to stop us getting sliced open, particularly in Europe, by the likes of milan.

my real problem and concern are the striking options and there i think Sir has messed up big time. Three strikers out, including Ruud and one in, not good! Rossi was never given a chance to shine and Smith didn t score enough goals but was a good target man, much better than John O shea!! So what are we left with? A bunch of crocks, that s what! Ole is on his last legs and Louis stands on brittle ones and neither Rooney or Tevez, good as they both are, are up front, on their own, centre forwards. i would love to have seen Rossi playing upfront with tevez now, or as an option on the bench, ditto Smithy but that s not to be and to get rid of both, without any replacement, in my opinion, is suicide!!

Sir has 2 weeks to rectify the problem but probably won t and i fear for the season ahead. if nothing else, a replacement for Ole is needed now, for the future and ole could still be used as a bench option, no need to get rid of him. we have to have more striking options, it s too much to expect anderson to come in and deliver straight away and can t rely on Louis s injury record and O shea as an emergency striker is just a joke, two games into the season!! Nor is Giggs a striker either!!

We need a proven premiership striker now, to come straight into the team and support Tevez and become the fourth option, with Rooney and Louis, if he can ever maintain his fitness. My choice would be Anelka, Defoe , Martins or yakubu and we could sell Gabby, to the rabble, to finance it. If that s not an option, then please give the youngsters a chance! Rossi wasn t but Campbell or Dong should be on the bench, at least, before it s too late cos city could screw up our season big time!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I hate to say it lads but I'm panicking too, its not so bad this Sunday but what about after that, there are 7 full days to wait before the next game...!!!! I know! Its ridiculous, thats what it is. I have a right mind to go writing a letter to the FA or the Premier League but am not sure what the literacy rates are like. Bring on Citeh, its not Derby or the Foreign Legion you're mixing it with now...

·
Registered
265 Posts
tevez is our only fit striker at the moment-we cant afford to drop many more points-bringing in a striker into compensate might just save our season early on.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
danfelixbuffy said:
tevez is our only fit striker at the moment-we cant afford to drop many more points-bringing in a striker into compensate might just save our season early on.
Does the season need saving already ?

I dont think so personally - from these same two games last year we take 1 point !!! This year 2 points !!!

Everything looked good in the 2 games except a bit of luck in front of goal.....as I have say many times to people........have faith, thats all.....just have faith !!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not saying that the season needs saving just saying that striking options are limited and relying on Louis and Ole, to recover form and fitness, to boost those options, is foolish and, in my opinion, suicide. It makes sense to replace Ole now and then we have a fit and ready option, if Louis and Ole fail to maintain form and fitness.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Alright we lost.

but at least none of Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal won to capitalise so it could have been far worse. :(

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Still dont think there's much need to panic just yet. Yes its been a miserable start, Yes Ronaldo was stupid, Yes we have injuries to Rooney and other strikers and Yes everybody is freaking out but we just need a bit of time and things WILL go our way. As far as Im concerned we were the best team in each of the first 3 matches despite playing below par. We just didnt get the rub of the green . That WILL come in time. Its not as if Chelsea, Pool or Arse look invincible. Lots of points will be dropped this season by most teams because most teams in the Prem are capable of beating anyone on their day.
Our time will come. Its a long season ahead.

·
Registered
7 Posts
we have been playing great in each of the three games, so unlucky to lose against mancity. Its early in the season and all teams have fresh legs. Each of the three games against us, all our opponents have played anti football, if they think they can keep that style up, they are wrong and they will be punished for it over the run of the season.
As for us, i feel we have been playing great and I have a strong feeling when the goals start rolling in, we are going to demolish most teams.......dont forget everyone fears us more than chelsea, liverpool and arsenal put together. Thats why they never set out to play us on our terms, as they know if they try to match us one on one, they wont last five minutes...........this is going to be a big year for manutd!! I can feel it in the air!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
agree played some good stuff but didn t much look like scoring a goal! last season Louis's pace and power was the key to our great play, when he got injured Ronaldo s fantastic form carried us through but we didn t ply the same great stuff without Louis. he s the key, for me and if he s not fit, we don t have the same penetration imao. anelka would give us that and he, usually, hardly misses a match. he can be a replacement for Ole now and if louis fails to recover or deliver, he can be the replacement for him, a must buy for me!!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Exactly, it is way to early in the season to start worrying, if we had 3 games left then of but we have'nt. The most important thing is we beat Spurs, Though I am starting to wonder if Fergie will go for another striker. Make a very late swoop maybe on loan.

21 - 40 of 208 Posts