Manchester United Talk banner

Don't panic

15K views 207 replies 66 participants last post by  benrose 
#1 ·
2 Draws yes, but the performances have warranted wins, we might not have been at our best but we've done more than enough to have 6 pts from those 2 games but instead we've got 2. That's no biggy, there's 36 games left and as a poster in the Match Day forum said, if we beat City and Chelsea draw with Liverpool we'd be 2 pts behind! And that's only after 1 game, there'd still be another 35 left and we still have many players to come back.

I know it's frustrating dropping points early but it's far from as bad as some people make out, keep the faith. Nothing comes easy lads and lasses.

Get behind the team on Sunday wherever you are and don't forget all your pre match rituals from last season. :p ;)

#2 ·
unitedred said:
2 Draws yes, but the performances have warranted wins, we might not have been at our best but we've done more than enough to have 6 pts from those 2 games but instead we've got 2. That's no biggy, there's 36 games left and as a poster in the Match Day forum said, if we beat City and Chelsea draw with Liverpool we'd be 2 pts behind! And that's only after 1 game, there'd still be another 35 left and we still have many players to come back.

I know it's frustrating dropping points early but it's far from as bad as some people make out, keep the faith. Nothing comes easy lads and lasses.

Get behind the team on Sunday wherever you are and don't forget all your pre match rituals from last season. :p ;)
well said my friend

#7 ·
unitedred said:
Thanks mate.

Nice name by the way, how nice would it be if we had him on Sunday. :)

If I was Fergie i'd take Coley on a 1 month loan, I believe he's unattached at the moment. He's still got the goalscoring touch, that will never leave him.
glad you like the name i named my oldest son after him he was born in 2000 just after cole's best season for the club.

me and a friend were on our way to OT and i told him i was gonna name my unborn son after andy cole he said why? we was playing leicester that day and cole scored an over head kick from the edge of the box. i just turned to my friend smiled and said thats why :)

#8 ·
andycole9 said:
glad you like the name i named my oldest son after him he was born in 2000 just after cole's best season for the club.

me and a friend were on our way to OT and i told him i was gonna name my unborn son after andy cole he said why? we was playing leicester that day and cole scored an over head kick from the edge of the box. i just turned to my friend smiled and said thats why :)
Awwwwww......thats lovely :)

#9 ·
Yeah thats really cool man.

I agree and you are right UR, theres no reason to panic that much. If we had that little bit of luck Reading would have been buried 5-0, and Rooney and Ronaldo would still be fit and ready to go, not to mention despite lacking urgency in the Pompey game we did enough to win 3 points but we ended up drawing.

However there is more to our poor early form than meets the eye. Giggs and Scholes two world-class, key players have severely under performed in these 2 games. Remember last season the main reason why we got off to a great start is because this duo were in sparkling form and now we are suffering because they are not playing well. Lack of fitness and preparation have also cost us, and the rest is just sheer bad luck.

I know I may sound annoyed but thats the way things are at United I am afraid, we expect brilliance every game. I still believe we have what it takes to win the league ( to win everything really ). If this is our worst patch of form then I say GREAT!

#15 ·
unitedred said:

we'll do the TREBLE this season
the last time we drew the first 2 games of the season (in98/99) we ended up doing the treble. Lets just hope the history repeats itself

#23 ·
Striking for disaster

I agree no need to panic yet but i despair at some of the decisions this summer! I ve got no problem with the players in but am beginning to be concerned by Hargreaves. His recent injury record is not good and tendonitis, as i understand it, is an ongoing problem, so real concerns there and he cost a lot of money, tho i really like him and think he will add the steel, to stop us getting sliced open, particularly in Europe, by the likes of milan.

my real problem and concern are the striking options and there i think Sir has messed up big time. Three strikers out, including Ruud and one in, not good! Rossi was never given a chance to shine and Smith didn t score enough goals but was a good target man, much better than John O shea!! So what are we left with? A bunch of crocks, that s what! Ole is on his last legs and Louis stands on brittle ones and neither Rooney or Tevez, good as they both are, are up front, on their own, centre forwards. i would love to have seen Rossi playing upfront with tevez now, or as an option on the bench, ditto Smithy but that s not to be and to get rid of both, without any replacement, in my opinion, is suicide!!

Sir has 2 weeks to rectify the problem but probably won t and i fear for the season ahead. if nothing else, a replacement for Ole is needed now, for the future and ole could still be used as a bench option, no need to get rid of him. we have to have more striking options, it s too much to expect anderson to come in and deliver straight away and can t rely on Louis s injury record and O shea as an emergency striker is just a joke, two games into the season!! Nor is Giggs a striker either!!

We need a proven premiership striker now, to come straight into the team and support Tevez and become the fourth option, with Rooney and Louis, if he can ever maintain his fitness. My choice would be Anelka, Defoe , Martins or yakubu and we could sell Gabby, to the rabble, to finance it. If that s not an option, then please give the youngsters a chance! Rossi wasn t but Campbell or Dong should be on the bench, at least, before it s too late cos city could screw up our season big time!!

#24 ·
I hate to say it lads but I'm panicking too, its not so bad this Sunday but what about after that, there are 7 full days to wait before the next game...!!!! I know! Its ridiculous, thats what it is. I have a right mind to go writing a letter to the FA or the Premier League but am not sure what the literacy rates are like. Bring on Citeh, its not Derby or the Foreign Legion you're mixing it with now...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.