Manchester United Talk banner

41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
The pressure, they say is on us. I'm 15 and I can see Fergie working his magic and taking us to the double again. The pressure isn't on us. Its on the others to stop us! That's how I see, oh and if you remember this time last year We had 2 points from three games and were in the relegation zone, look what we ended up with. Plus if you take into account no Rooney last year, Ronaldo sent off, plus the other minor injuries we had. We were'nt much different last year...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Spellbound, no you're not alone. In my view the pressure is on the other teams to stop Utd this season. At the end of the day we won the double last year, none of them did. As Utd fans we need to stay on our teams back, not criticise them. We are all followers of Utd, share your views fair enough. But we started like this last year with Rooney and Ronny out after two games, we won the title after starting in October...

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
Well im going to be one of those who go against the grain of this thread and stay on the positive side and predict a season where its not all doom and gloom!

Even without any signing and no striker coming in, i believe we have one of the best squads in europe. The only place i see Chelsea Alot stronger than us in the centre midfield area because they will always play three of deco, ballack, essien, lampard and mikel and thats pretty strong whoever they choose.

Out wide, we are better in my opinion. Up front we are more mobile and technical and i think we are better though drogba brings alot for them.

In defense i think the signing of bosingwa is great for them but we are just as good in my opinion.

Also we are european and premier league champions and with that comes ALOT OF PRIDE and no matter if we win the league or come close, in both we will be close and try our hearts out and with that i think we will be good enough in both to either win or if not win, atleast come close and with that i see no doom and gloom.

Sorry maybe im slightly biased in these sort of threads when its united against our rivals but i really do not see anyone with a whole deal of strenght which is wayyy beyond ours.

Chelsea are a world class squad when fully fit as are we in my opinon and i am sure when it comes to the time when medals are being given out, we will either be recieving them or be VERY close to that.

Ofcourse nobody has any given right to win anything but aslong as we try our hardest i believe we are good enough to win things and come close at the very least.

To me there is no doom and gloom in that.

United are a team of pride and and alot comes with being EU champs and i hope to see us play with a swagger this season when we get everyone fit and ticking!

pz!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
This is sort of the way we were all thinking last season .We had a very slow start and didnt score diddly squat! Some how we won prem and champion l, stay positive we have the best squad on earth, the others may spend this way and that way, still they will not have the cohesiveness UNITED has, bring on those CHelski girls. we'll take em! AMEN.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
mufc4eva said:
It makes me laugh how some 'die-hard' Utd fans rush to say no trophies this season because we drew the first game...
I dont think thats what people are saying. They are just voicing concerns that
we MAY not win the Prem and CL, especially if we dont sign a striker.
Chelsea look strong and fans are a bit worried. Doesnt mean we are any less
passionate about our club. People react to results very differently and thats
why forums like this exist.

·
23,699 Posts
Sir Alex Ferguson anxious to avoid another slow start

Given that United took only two points from their opening three matches last season and still won the title, another poor start may hardly be cause for alarm, but when one considers that their next two league matches are away to Liverpool and Chelsea, the prospect of going into those games with a solitary point may prove a little unnerving, even for Ferguson.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_united/article4602533.ece

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
versa said:
Sir Alex Ferguson anxious to avoid another slow start

Given that United took only two points from their opening three matches last season and still won the title, another poor start may hardly be cause for alarm, but when one considers that their next two league matches are away to Liverpool and Chelsea, the prospect of going into those games with a solitary point may prove a little unnerving, even for Ferguson.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_united/article4602533.ece
Less than 3 points off of Pompey and were in trouble.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
piazza said:
Less than 3 points off of Pompey and were in trouble.
A scoreless draw wouldnt make my jaw to drop. After picking 4 out of your own goal you dont focus on ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK! Harry will probably talk about the defence at pre game talk.:rolleyes:
Still Im confident we'll win tonight...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
3 points against pompey is a must. cannot afford to drop anymore points with the games against liverpool and chelsea coming up(both away!!!). we have to start collecting points. chelsea are great fore-runners, count out liverpool, they wont make it.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
spellbound said:
A scoreless draw wouldnt make my jaw to drop. After picking 4 out of your own goal you dont focus on ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK! Harry will probably talk about the defence at pre game talk.:rolleyes:
Still Im confident we'll win tonight...
We'll win for sure if Pompey play as bad as they did during the community shield.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
piazza said:
We'll win for sure if Pompey play as bad as they did during the community shield.
After watching Chelsea yesterday one have to wonder if Chelsea was that good (4-0) or if it was a poor performance by Pompey? Maybe a bit of both.

·
23,699 Posts
spellbound said:
After watching Chelsea yesterday one have to wonder if Chelsea was that good (4-0) or if it was a poor performance by Pompey? Maybe a bit of both.
Be wary of teams that played bad but went home with 3 points.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
spellbound said:
Precisely, Deco can't keep this form up either.

versa said:
Be wary of teams that played bad but went home with 3 points.
That's the mark of a championship side. That and being able to win 1-0.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Think, we played Pompy without Rooney in the CS, with him and Tvez both back tonight I can see them scoring and us taking the 3 points comfortably. Oh and why start the run of 1-0's? Why not play with that essence of skill and quality, not riding our luck. Were the best team in the world remember we can go out and beat any team, even Chelsea. Just give the lads a break its the second game of the season...:eek:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
mufc4eva said:
It makes me laugh how some 'die-hard' Utd fans rush to say no trophies this season because we drew the first game...
sorry mate it was not a kneejerk reaction after the first game , i always think we will win the lot before the season starts just this year i felt we wouldnt win the league thats all.
like i said earlier to win it three years in a row is very difficult , its been a great couple of years but maybe this season the league will bypass us by a few points .
i feel we will go well in the champions league as most of our players will be fit by then , but once again to win two in row is going to be a massive achievement .
i hope we do win it and i would love to go to the stadio olympico.
dont take the comments the wrong way its more of a reality check once again we cannot win every year .
i always think one trophy , any trophy is a good season

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
i think what the 'die-hards' have come to realise now is that 80 points dont guarantee a title no more. points lost are crucial as chelsea dont give very little away and this season may be more tougher than usual.

we need to ensure we hit the ground running and keep pace with the front runners as our best time comes nov-feb when we seem to ground results out for fun.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts