Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All through the summer fergie has bleated on about how madrid were the devil incarnate for unsettling ronaldo .

Yet we have him doing ten times worse to spurs over the berbatov transfer .

The man is god in my eyes but lets not kid ourselves as to what a ruthless two faced god we have at the helm .

The king of the tap up who when stam told what went on in his book discarded him like yesterdays paper .

the whole thing is smelling worse than a kipper factory in july . Lets hope we do not whore our great club to the sulky weasel that is berbatov . let city have him and lets give campbell and wellbeck a chance .

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Well i dont agree with your last line. We really need him and Fergie knows this,
but we have a whole other thread for that.

I agree with your initial points. It is double standards. Its like the Madrid-Chelsea
fight over Robinho as well. Its a complete joke tbh. We sort of did that for
Hargreaves as well....

Where it is double standards....its gonna be passed over by most United fans cos as long as it suits us, do we really care?

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
We haven'd done anything wrong up until 2day. Even now we may not have heard the full story as to why Fergie met Berbatov

·
Registered
590 Posts
I think 'tapping up' a player happens all the time and not just with United. It is a bit of a case of the pot calling the kettle black when Fergie complained about Madrid's persuit of Ronaldo. It happens a lot in football and although SAF has been known to do it in the past, there are other clubs out there who are just as guilty of it as us.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jd_united said:
I think 'tapping up' a player happens all the time and not just with United. It is a bit of a case of the pot calling the kettle black when Fergie complained about Madrid's persuit of Ronaldo. It happens a lot in football and although SAF has been known to do it in the past, there are other clubs out there who are just as guilty of it as us.
agreed . i just would prefer it if it was all done properly out in the open without all the whining . levy at spurs built it all up to try and attract other bids to bump price up . berbatov at his age has no sell on value so if we are dumb enough to stump 30 million up for him we need our heads read

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I was really disappointed and quite angry when I saw the Berbatov thing on Sky Sports News.

If it is true, which it is because SSN wouldn't deliberately lie about something like this, its very disappointing and it is double standards.

We have no reason to not play everything by the rules, and if we sign Berbatov after stooping so low, then serious questions would have to be asked imo.

I didn't believe Tottenham would sell Berbatov to us before today, but they certainly aren't going to now. And theres no time to sign anyone else.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
we complain about ronaldo tapped up by madrid

we tap up berbatov

spurs complain about berbatov tapped up by united

spurs tap up ramos

chelsea complaint about inter tapping up lampard

chelsea tap up robinho

its goes on and on and on. Way of the world.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
antdevil78 said:
we complain about ronaldo tapped up by madrid

we tap up berbatov

spurs complain about berbatov tapped up by united

spurs tap up ramos

chelsea complaint about inter tapping up lampard

chelsea tap up robinho

its goes on and on and on. Way of the world.
This shows poor business ethics. But as they say, what goes around comes around.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Notice how this thread's gone quiet just because we've "got our man"?

Mick Dennis from the Daily Express was on Sky Sports News and he says that there is a real possibility that we paid Tottenham "hush" money. If we did, then that makes this whole affair even worse than it is.

If we got done for tapping up I certainly wouldn't, and couldn't, complain.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
manutd004 said:
Notice how this thread's gone quiet just because we've "got our man"?

Mick Dennis from the Daily Express was on Sky Sports News and he says that there is a real possibility that we paid Tottenham "hush" money. If we did, then that makes this whole affair even worse than it is.

If we got done for tapping up I certainly wouldn't, and couldn't, complain.
Like i said in earlier post, if i was us doing it and only us then all well and good but it aint. Its as much as part and parcel of football as diving and dodgy agents. Not nice all the same but just accept it happens

·
Registered
18 Posts
i dont agree one bit with this thread and to compare sir alex to calderon and schuster ! u should hang ur head in shame.the difference bein we didnt want to sell ronnie berbatov wanted to join us 5 mins after spurs signed him and spurs wer always 4 selling id say they went as far as to make up the bid city put in just to put us under pressure. finally i see that levy ***** is lookin 4 more air time now its all over hes still goin on about it he seriously needs to get a life wat a tosser!

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
FFS! Calderon PUBLICALLY tapped Ronaldo up abd kept banging on about him.
Fergie never mentioned Berbatov's name at all.

SSN actually said that 'Manutd sources' said we had verbal permission from Spurs - so of course it isn't gonna be well known. There isn't a microphone on the end of the phone which tells the press we have permission you know.

I can't believe people think we didn't have the permission.

Do you think Fergie just went to the airport on his own without being allowed to do so? Of course he didn't. Does anyone actually think a club of our size is so f***** stupid?

IF we didn't have permission so we paid 'hush money' it would have been a HELL OF A LOT more than a couple of Million ££. Daniel Levy maybe a prat but he isn't a Premiership club's cahirman for nothing you know. Had we not have had permission he'd have known that we could end up with a major point deduction, not to mention our clubs name dragged deeper through the mud than any other team in Europe. He would have forced us to pay 15M more, not 5M.

The reason the price was so high was because:

A. Spurs really didn't want to sell.
B. It was deadline day - all prices rise then as you can't get replacements.
C. Its well known that we were desperate.
D. Its also well known by all chairman that we pay top whack for our players. Consider it 'Manchester United tax'. Chelsea and Madrid share the same problem.

Some people are so damn naive and believe everything the press says.

It really pee's me off when I see all the media shedding a bad light on us, dragging our clubs name through the mud despite not knowing all the facts. Whats worse then some Manutd fans actually believe it! Some people seriously need to have more faith in YOUR OWN CLUB!

Rant over.

·
Registered
310 Posts
TheManc said:

SSN actually said that 'Manutd sources' said we had verbal permission from Spurs - so of course it isn't gonna be well known. There isn't a microphone on the end of the phone which tells the press we have permission you know.

Do you think Fergie just went to the airport on his own without being allowed to do so? Of course he didn't. Does anyone actually think a club of our size is so f***** stupid?

IF we didn't have permission so we paid 'hush money' it would have been a HELL OF A LOT more than a couple of Million ££. Daniel Levy maybe a prat but he isn't a Premiership club's cahirman for nothing you know. Had we not have had permission he'd have known that we could end up with a major point deduction, not to mention our clubs name dragged deeper through the mud than any other team in Europe. He would have forced us to pay 15M more, not 5M.

D. Its also well known by all chairman that we pay top whack for our players. Consider it 'Manchester United tax'. Chelsea and Madrid share the same problem.

It really pee's me off when I see all the media shedding a bad light on us, dragging our clubs name through the mud despite not knowing all the facts. Whats worse then some Manutd fans actually believe it! Some people seriously need to have more faith in YOUR OWN CLUB!

Rant over.

Top post. Agree 100%. Things like that really **** me off.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TheManc said:

Rant over.
all the above is true but if anyone believes that fergie wasnt agitating with berbatov for over a year should take a look at some yid forums . all it needs is a word in the agents ear that united want the player and the seeds are sown . levy was whining to get more cash nothing more . in the same way as ronaldo didnt really say much about madrid it was what he wasnt saying that told everyone his feelings . the thread on here would not have gone to ten pages if it wasnt clear we were genuinly after the player . indeed bids 10 million pounds less than spurs valuation were made --how many bids did madrid make for ronaldo ?

the whole system stinks as our signing of petrucci shows . the academy rules about signing of players from certain distance from clubs needs looking at too .

1 - 20 of 39 Posts