Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 551 Posts

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
United Closing In On Douglas Costa

Utd count the Costa of whizkid | The Sun |Sport|Football

MANCHESTER UNITED are closing in on Brazilian whizkid Douglas Costa.

The Gremio midfielder, 18, is attracting attention across Europe.

He has been hailed as the new Ronaldinho and his club have just turned down an £8million bid from Villarreal for his services.

United have been monitoring Costa through their South American scout — former centre-back Jaap Stam.

Inter Milan, Real Madrid and Liverpool are also tracking the rookie, who is due to talk to interested clubs at the end of the month.

Costa would not need a work permit to move to England because he has a Portuguese passport.

Chris Nathaniel, Costa’s advisor, said: “The boy is special and loves the Premier League. He has a lot of offers to consider.”

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
(basing this entirely on Wiki!!)
5'7", it'd be tough for him starting off in the Prem, if we were to sign him it'd be great to have both of the 'New Ronaldinho's' along with Anderson!

Funny we went so long without any Brazilians if we got this kid we could field 2 full backs, 3 midfielders and a striker!!

Hope we get him, dont like missing out on the next big things like Aguero etc!

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
This kid looks really good..!
But if £8M has already been turned down, then it would be a huge gamble on signing him..
I know it's easy to make any young player look good on youtube, but he has serious pace, looks to have great awareness of his team-mates around him, can hit a free-kick and that left foot of his is magic.. Maybe what our Left Wing is crying out for..!:)

YouTube - Douglas Costa Gremio - Best Moments 2008/2009

·
has been served
2,949 Posts
This kid looks really good..!
But if £8M has already been turned down, then it would be a huge gamble on signing him..
I know it's easy to make any young player look good on youtube, but he has serious pace, looks to have great awareness of his team-mates around him, can hit a free-kick and that left foot of his is magic.. Maybe what our Left Wing is crying out for..!:)

YouTube - Douglas Costa Gremio - Best Moments 2008/2009
If you watch that video it shows him to be one footed, dribbles without any thought as to what he wants to do with it and looks way too short and weak to make it in the Premier League.

Dont buy him.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
If you watch that video it shows him to be one footed, dribbles without any thought as to what he wants to do with it and looks way too short and weak to make it in the Premier League.

Dont buy him.
players change at United. they usually learn new things and get better. If Fergie manages to buy him, i guess he'll turn up to be a good player for the team, if he's such a hot prospect.

·
Registered
773 Posts
if he can be really good then why not.....lets try.....luckily we dont go for kerlon, we will have a ball juggler in manutd squad...

·
Registered
4,358 Posts

Dont buy him.
Remind you of a Mercurial Portugese winger, when he used to be the same age???

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
After watching the youtube video he looks promising but i suppose you will never know how good he will be for united unless we buy him and try him out.

·
has been served
2,949 Posts
players change at United. they usually learn new things and get better. If Fergie manages to buy him, i guess he'll turn up to be a good player for the team, if he's such a hot prospect.
There is a new "hot prospect" every week. Very few make it big, Its likely that this one wont either. However he does have a good turn of pace and a good work ethic.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
I have no clue who he is, but I love the idea of signing Brazilians. We need to become a bigger brand over there. Madrid, Milan, Barca, Inter ect are seen as far bigger over there.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Well to be fair, the lad must have some potential the the youtube vids aren't giving him credit for because its well known that us, Madrid, Barcelona & co have been after him for some time, and its widely believed that Villarreal bid for him last week. The scouts of these clubs are not stupid so they must have seen something in him.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
There is a new "hot prospect" every week. Very few make it big, Its likely that this one wont either. However he does have a good turn of pace and a good work ethic.
He will make it big, no question about it.

I have no clue who he is, but I love the idea of signing Brazilians. We need to become a bigger brand over there. Madrid, Milan, Barca, Inter ect are seen as far bigger over there.
In the next few seasons, the Twins & Anderson will be superstars, and that will give us plenty of exposure back in Brazil.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts

Dont buy him.
well I wouldn't necessarily call the da silva boys heavyweights so I dont think his physical stature should really matter.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
I hate it when a player is 'dubbed' Why do they always have to be the next someone,why not just be them!! It adds ridiculous pressure to their game before they get going,like Anderson came with a massive dubbing,and I think if he'd have arrive just as Anderson it might have been easier.He had a good season last year,but seems to have faultered some what,like a few others mind.

1 - 20 of 551 Posts